24 coaches online • Server time: 08:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like this idea?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 28 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
I dont know... (fails Bone Head roll... bound to be popular lol)
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 48

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically it would be a non serious competition run in the same way the TBB paintoff is done, run a poll for what type of mini everyone would paint, people would PM scores 1-8 ( if there were 8 entrants etc and easy to keep track off with the right software) to me and I would calculate the scores, then post them up and see what happens!

or a simple forum poll could be made to vote for a mini, one vote per person... no real prizes as such, unless mezir could wrangle a +FF boost to the winners team of choice for having well painted minis...

people get to look at minis, increases community spirit etc, who can lose? Razz
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yeah, it would also feature in the GLN when it gets produced... i never got round to doing a vault item for mezir, but this would be my apology to him Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

no coments? Razz
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont really paint mate but im sure lots of coaches does
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how I don't have an icecube's chance in hell to win this thing I would hardly participate, but it would be great to see it implemented. As one of my most useless Thralls once said:

Brownrob wrote:

people get to look at minis, increases community spirit etc, who can lose?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Just bumping this again, its not a harcore (Smile) competition, as no major prizes are won (maybe a FF boost for a cool mini!). but something tha is similar to the one on FranceBB, here is a massive difference in quality of paintjobs, shouldnt alwys be put off because there are people better than you, if that was the case i would no longer play BB!

Well there could be a voting system in place similar to FranceBB but is a lot of work for the high chief! but I would be happy to keep a record of the voting via PM's
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be cool.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be great - I don't paint much any more (getting old ---> eyesight failing ----> hands shaking) but I used to do ok in my day. Still enjoy a well painted mini though!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah - nice idea - if i happen to have the right mini, i'll give it a go ... but they can be hard to come by in australia Sad

angelface

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in if you start the thing.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
yeah - nice idea - if i happen to have the right mini, i'll give it a go ... but they can be hard to come by in australia Sad

well the way it usually works is that the only regulation is like.... must be a star player, then the next one is.... lineman...... or secret weapon...... conversion special...... support staff..... Big Guy.... non GW mini if you see what I mean... Laughing
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump* - brownrob, are you still looking at giving this thing a go? tis still a good idea, and I'd rather like to see something come of it (my entries will suck ... but that's hardly the point Razz)

Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea and I paint a bit. Though I dont think I would have any chance in this competition;-)
Colin

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

A crucial part of this will be taking a decent picture of your mini once you've painted it. Here are some links to tutorials relating to mini photography (courtesy of the Forum of Doom):

http://www.digitaldioramas.com/2002/jul02/features/dd_yungblut.php
http://coolminiornot.com/go.php/go/articlephp/levels/99/expand/all?
http://www.privateerpress.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5813
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2679

If you have any specific questions, I can give a few tips either on technique or digitally editing the final image - just post on the thread. If necessary, I can whip up a new User Guide section on it, once my exams are out of the way!

Rob, may I suggest the winner be inducted to a special gallery, on the User Guide? I can host images if necessary, though I know that Photobucket at least does allow direct linking. It would be nice to place the images in an exclusive FUMBBL portrait frame, sized for use as a JBB portrait.

One last thing, Rob - insist that images are no greater than a certain size (in dimensions), and that they are cropped to just show the mini - you don't want massive panoramic images of peoples' bedrooms, with a tiny speck in the middle representing the actual mini. Consistent size will also aid in the voting, making a fairer comparison between minis.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would possibly throw in, given the right choice of subject matter.
 Jump to: