55 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2006 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd favour Circ over you any day! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2006 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

100 Slots are taken ! after only 17h
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2006 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I'd favour Circ over you any day! Wink

Almost 2,500 posts, and still the same quality LOL.

still disliked all round!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2006 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor, I guess that was because it stated, that I could chose the players I gave the items to. The players that recieved the prices also played in the final. So I don`t see the point...

Macavity, I love you, too.

Oh.. and what I at first wanted to say:
It would be nice, if major fumbbl-tourneys are announced like 2-3 weeks before the applications start, so you have the chance to whip a team you want to play into shape.

I was caught by surprise by the news of this major tourney and just signed up with the only team, I had that is free for regular play.

Last edited by CircularLogic on %b %30, %2006 - %20:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2006 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm loved! (don't hear that a lot online...)

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2006 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been waiting for this tournament to start the whole month now. Im surprised u didnt hear about it until it was announced. I fonr one expected it to start a week ago, but better late than ever Smile Now to start the long quest to get some extra arms and a sare head for my Lion Warriors
Flix

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

159 Coaches applyed so far

i will accept the applys these days, that you are able to leave, if changed your mind, timetrouble, bashed team, ...
Istarios

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Being new to this tournament business, I just want to ask a question. The qualifiers are announced on the 5th of February, but will they be required to be online at that time? If so, I think a lot of people will have a conflict of interest, as this date and time clashes with clockwork precision with the Super Bowl XL. I know I'll be far away from a computer that night, trying to seperate two of my best friends, as one is a major Seahawks fan and the other has some sick crush on The Bus.
Silver

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you don't have to be online at the exact time of the announcment. You have a time window, in which you have to play your game, thats all.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, you have 2 weeks to play your sheduled game.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Malthor, I guess that was because it stated, that I could chose the players I gave the items to. The players that recieved the prices also played in the final. So I don`t see the point...

I wasn't having a go at you, just making the point about how it would be better if prizes were applied evenly.

Even though you got to choose, by allowing you to delay 1, 2, 5 or however many games meant that you could have had a guy on say 125 spp and you got to push him to 126 spp and see if he ages or not before giving him the prize or to someone else. Or you could see what advance he gets to see if eg, the +MA would suit even better. I don't think that was the intention of prizes that are meant to be taken after the game.

Not saying that you exploited this deliberately, or that you did exploit it (I have no idea how many games you played or what your spp totals were etc). I am just illustrating the point, as what others were asking here effectively, is whether they can sack someone who niggles during the game before the rolls so that it is not wasted.

Flix has said no. What I am pointing out is that it is an extra bonus that you had, being able to delay the choice.

still disliked all round!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, but mutations are a different beast than magical items. Still, I agree that on item tournaments the items should be distributed before the next game starts.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:
159 Coaches applyed so far

So is this going to be resolved by "first come first serve" or a coin toss? Because in the tournament description it says there are 16 qualifiers with 8 teams each, which would merely yield 128 slots...
Flix

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

first come first serve
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
i will take the roster direct after the final.
Why can't coaches at least sack those players that got injured during the final? Worst case scenario would thus be someone winning with three crippling injuries and all three getting the mutations. Tourney win down the drain ... pity.
 Jump to: