38 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team was the Team of the Tournament?
Blood Falcons
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Butcher Boyz
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Darkie's Dreams
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
Underdark Nightmares
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Weapon Masters
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 50

Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Months after the Fumbbl Cup, coinciding with the publication of the latest issue of the Grotty Little Newspaper - the FBBA finally announces that it will hand out the promised - but never awarded - Spectator's Team of the Tournament Award, consisting of 50000 gold pieces and a +1 Fan Factor.

From the 32 competing teams, 5 teams (other than the winner) were selected. Conceding teams were not included after they were booed off the pitch. You can now vote among the selected teams to decide who wins the final prize. Here are the nominees, in alphabetical order.:

• Malthor's Blood Falcons: The most watched team of the tournament by a fair margin. With a whopping 700 TR going into the tournament, they were the team to beat, and they proved that in every game leading up to the final, forcing concessions in both the Quarter- and the Semi-Finals. Lost 4 - 1 in the final game to the Nandorins.

• Drunken_Master's Butcher Boyz: A rough and tough Orc team, and the only team to keep the Nandorins to a draw, even in overtime. Who can say what would have happened had the coin toss gone the other way. Denied a shot at the trophy, perhaps they deserve to be the Team of the Tournament.

• Sinner's Darkie's Dreams: Taking two deaths and two serious injuries out of their first game, and one more of each in the second, Darkie's Dreams pulled off two wins against two Orc teams when it seemed that they had lost all hope of advancement. Lost to Power of Grayskull in the Quarter Finals, but they sure did put up a fight with a depleted team, and got too close for comfort to pulling it off anyway!

• Arcon's Underdark Nightmares: Another Dark Elf team - made it all the way to the semi-finals only to be knocked out by the eventual winner. In this semi-final, with a depleted roster that was brought up to 11 by two freebooters, the Nightmares managed to give the Nandorins a run for their money by taking them to 4 - 3, as well as inflicting the most serious injuries on them of any team they faced in the tournament! Even the two missing players that the Nandorins took into the finals couldn't stop them, though.

• AFK_Eagle's Weapon Masters: Knocked out in the first round in a disappointing Cup run, this legendary team gained Cup fame by pulling off a near impossible qualification. Perhaps Team of the Qualifiers would be a more appropriate award, but their efforts there certainly earn them a mention.
And that's the list! Check their teams, and don't forget to take another look at the Cup Schedule and the featured GLN article with some pre-Cup views. Choose your favourite team, and vote!

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What if we want to vote for the Nandorins???

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

They already cashed in big-time, and as they won, they don't compete. Smile They are in effect, the real winners, think of this as a consolation prize - besides, the Nadies shouldn't win everything. Wink

I'd love to have added all 31 teams to the poll, but there are space and time constraints! Five will hopefully suffice, if not, if the same other team name crops up enough they can be added in a new round of voting.

Last edited by Mezir on Feb 27, 2006 - 20:08; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. Then I will vote for Butcher Boys. Taking Nandorins to coin toss is an achievement in itself.
I respect Weapon Masters the most, but since I was the one knocking them off from the LLT Qualifier I don't think they deserve this awesome award.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Got to give props to Darkies Dreams on this. They won a tough qualifier and had no business making it past their second round............

__Synn
Sinner

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Got to give props to Darkies Dreams on this. They won a tough qualifier and had no business making it past their second round............

__Synn

Thanks Synn...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
They won a tough qualifier and had no business making it past their second round...........

HA! Leave it to synn to give someone a backhanded compliment Wink

--j
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

More like a chairshot compliment....... feel free to bottle up any rage for when your pansy elves desire a game against the Goats.... Wink

__Synn
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the Butcher Boyz and Darkie's Dreams are going to turn this into a two-horse race!

I wonder how many people didn't vote for the Falcons out of penis envy. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

voted for Arcon. Not that the team really deserves it but I think he needs support Very Happy (Arcon you're such a lucker :p )

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh sk8bcn I love you!
And I firmly believe that you can´t say that to me and only show me your love with regular kind postings of this sort.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, so far the team got 3 votes, even if I believe you and one thinks I voted myself, there must be at least on person on fumbbl who knows which team deserved the prize!
Wink

Apart from the Underdark Nightmares (well we didn´t have a thrower at all and the Nandorins a super Thrower to rely on) I think credit should go to the Darkies Dreams. i have watched a game or two and was able to see some great Dark Elf fighting.
 Jump to: