62 coaches online • Server time: 20:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
David

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment, DivX is using rosters based on GW BB Mag rosters.

It occurred to me that with over 400 coaches in FUMBBL now, someone is bound to have come across some new races that could be added to the Division.

I don't find any of the current rosters to be particularly interesting or different. It would be nice to see a race which offers something fresh...

For example: a race where every player has shadowing, or leap?

Any ideas?
Chuta

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In Blood Bowl compendium 3 there is Bretonnian team, that team I really would like to try out. If anyone wants the statistics i can give them then. But they seem to awesome almost. But would be fun to try in the divX. I think that in that magazine is also a dryad team, cant remeber...have to look later...
ShadowTroll

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a site on the web with a compilation of all kinds of teams. The bretonians need some tweaking since the leadertypes they start with are way powerful. The Nippon team on the other hand sounds fun. The samurai cant foul the sumos are strong but slow and then there are of course ninjas...
ShadowTroll

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

http://users.pandora.be/bloodwolf/bloodwolf/teams.htm

Some of it is just plain crazy but it could be fun. It doesn't seem updated for LRB though.
wadedidit

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think the teams in Dix X could use some fresh blood, I have made an Ice Elf team, all with Nerves of Steel. Very effective. I don't think it would be a good idea to have as many teams as they have on the www.blood-bowl.net site, there are just too many, maybe a poll should be raised with say five teams and only one will be allowed into Div X.

my two cents
Exclamation [/quote]
jazzer

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

id like to see the nippon and bretonians in div x they are kinda interesting
ShadowTroll

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The arabians, nippon or bretonnians are all interesting variations on the human team much like the norse and amazons. The forest folk have been around for a long time and seem popular as well. As for the rest I don't know. But that's four teams for the poll right there.
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The rosters in Div X right now are from the magazines, so they are semi-offical. If you start adding completely unoffical teams the division will not be a playtesting field for the new teams. Now if the division was never ment to be a playtesting field then why not just hurl all 300 user made teams as long as they follow the balancing rules.

For me, I'd rather add teams that at least have miniatures associated with them. Like Brettonian, All Beastman team (ungors, bestigors, ect...), Chaos marauder, Nipponies (Phil's Phigs?), or maybe modify the current rosters to add balance and flavor (no ogre dwarves, 4 catcher amazons +Nos, Side Step-mimics norse but with catchers, Deamon teams (the way toned down veriety-no greaters).

I still don't see any non GW teams going into Div X. I would like to be able to use my leagues rosters,but this is fumbbl not Qibbl so lets stick to GW.
juergen

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

its a little bit hard to get those magazines fast here in Austria, can the webmaster please update the "Help/Divisions/Division X" webpage Wink
jazzer

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

of course the planet of the apes team must be added in:)
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The rosters in Div X right now are from the magazines, so they are semi-offical. If you start adding completely unoffical teams the division will not be a playtesting field for the new teams.

Unfortunately, this isn't quite the case. We've already altered the Khemri (minus one Mummy, plus one Blitz-ra) and the Necromantic (which has now been changed twice - the werewolf with strength access is something I'm not sure about, though), while certain limitations of the client mean the Vampires don't get an apothecary to look after the thralls. However, I agree with those that fear the Div X turning into another MBBL. I must congratulate those who organised the Div X tounament, because now there are lots of the original teams in Div X, which we needed to see pitted against the experimental teams. I've already said my piece concerning the Ogres...
I think what David really wanted when he posted this thread was a league were we were in control of the creation and alteration of rosters (such as our own versions of the woefully imbalanced MBBL Vampires, which we made sure were very tightly balanced), because I think we all agree we're better at it than Jervis Johnson (though I love the Flesh Golems). Hurry up, JJ, give us Brettonians, Daemons, Slaanesh/Khorne/Tzentech etc. And Ogres DON'T belong in Dwarf teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 17:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Asai wrote:
its a little bit hard to get those magazines fast here in Austria, can the webmaster please update the "Help/Divisions/Division X" webpage Wink

Well, the divisions page should hold links to all additional rosters the divisions allow. Also, you can go to Help->Reference->Races for a full list of rosters in use.

-- Christer
David

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2003 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Some thoughts on what's been said so far:

1. I don't think DivX is, or can be, a testing ground for the new rosters. Rather than playing against 'normal' teams, these new teams play against each other, and we learn little or nothing about their balance.

I would favour a cross-divisional cup, which would allow us to test the balance of the new teams, without polluting other divisions.

2. I like the idea of limiting new teams to only those with available miniatures. This prevents the invasion of daft & implausible teams (we'll leave that to GW...hehe).

3. We need to setup a system for proposing, modifying and voting for new teams, (and more importantly, modifying existing ones!) rather than ad hoc chit-chat in the forums.

4. There may be limits to what teams can be implemented - the client does not support Daemonic Aura, for example. However, the Snotling team shows what can be done with a little imagination.

5. If we manage to test and demonstrate that various new teams are both balanced and interesting to play with/against, we could pass the info on to BBRC reps for evaluation. Just imagine Jazzer's Monkey team in LRB 2.1 Razz

6. Personally, I'd love to see more vampires (I don't rate the GW vampire team). If you would too, have a look at my other forum post:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=66

-David-
lord_shambles

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed in Fumbbl the Vampire Lord has an AV of 8. In BBmagg it has a AV 9. Just thought you should know becuase all the other teams are straight out of BBmag.
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem of too few non-DIVX rosters in DIVX league might be solved when a coach is forced to have at least non DIVX roster when playing in DIVX. Maybe the team creation could enforce the first team created to be a standard team? You can't actually force any coach to actually play with that team, but I think it might just help to get more of those non-DIVX rosters in DIVX. I for one am retiring my ogre team in favor of a human team, so that I have one non-DIVX and one DIVX roster in DIVX competition.

Perox.
 Jump to: