34 coaches online • Server time: 09:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are One-Turners overpowered?
Yes, they are!!
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
No, they so cool!
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Never mind
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

BudsBalkan

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I take a look on the Stats of the Gutter Runner Swifty of the Boogle Tempest. He had scored 9 Tds in only one game. So ok he is a One-Turner!
But dont u guys think that one-Turner are just too overpowered and they should be rule to contain such things?

Sry for my bad english, but i awaiting your comments and ideas!

cya
BudsBalkan

Last edited by BudsBalkan on %b %28, %2003 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

No they are not overpowered in as much as any team using them regularly will tumble and collapse once they lose them. (horrible spp distribution)

Take a look at the rest of the team Swifty is in. Remove his 387 spp and there isn't much of a team left, considering all the heavy injuries on the rest.

BTW: Your poll is badly worded - I don't think they are overpowered - I certainly don't think they are "cool" either. If you _need_ a one turner in your team you are doing something wrong tactic wise. I'll never build one [except for my gobbos].

-Mnemon
Cheesy

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mmh Can't say that they are overpowered.

I guess dwarves are overpowered with Block,tackle and always first skill guard.

Elves are overpowered with everyone ag4.

So if you have a look every team has its advantages and his flaws.
If you do not like the one turner bring em down.
If you don't like staller, do something against.
If you don't like PO, foul em etc.
Smile

So have fun, play BloodBowl
Cheesy
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't consider one-turners cool, but I don't consider them overpowered, since like Mnemon said, usually, if the opponent removes that player from the game, the team with (now without) the 1-turner is in trouble. also, if playing a team that is slow, the one-turner becomes less efficient. he scores once, then the other team holds the ball for a long time so the 1-turner doesn't get so many opportunities to score. It's a valid tactic to develop one, expecially on quick, low AV teams.
Adar

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

1 turners aren't much of a problem. They raise the team str alot so your team will nearly always outclass his and each 1 turn TD means he will have to set up first...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I would like to see is capping MA at 10, just like AV. Sure, you can still score in one turn, but you can still score in one turn with a rookie MA 9 GR or WE catcher and some luck. It would mean that you would normally need a few more rolls to blow, at least.

I have a one-turner on my Wood Elf team and I hardly ever use him as such (once out of every 2 or 3 matches, I think). Just too much of a risk to put him on the line (for the inevitable blitz/perfect defense) and, well, it is a bit cheesy. He still soaks up SPPs just because he's always in position, anywhere on the pitch, practically.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

1 turners are not a problem...if they have one then try to have them recieve the ball first. then score on turn 8 first half then do another slow march and win 2-1....not what is all dependant on getting the option for them to recieve first.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

they can one turn again last turn making it a tie that way gophur.

-Mnemon
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

One turner bleh
I hate them
I never try to develop them on my teams
however if you ban them you have to ban the cunning one turner(anyone with ma9 no increases can score from a straight kick off with no quick snap)
i was thinking more along the lines of a delayed call bye the ref ie he awards the td at the end of the ops following turn
giving them a chance to make the sack in the endzone, but ......

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

gophur wrote:
1 turners are not a problem...if they have one then try to have them recieve the ball first. then score on turn 8 first half then do another slow march and win 2-1....not what is all dependant on getting the option for them to recieve first.

really ? let me check :

The team with the one turner receive and score : 1-0
you take the rest of the half to score : 1-1
2nd half
You receive, taking 8 turn to scrore : 1-2
then they got one turn left => the one turner score : 2-2

Back to the topic, i think one turner is a perfect reply to teams scoring in both 8th turn of each half . It s like saying : "you re a staller ... all right, i can still do something even without risking my life taking the ball away from you"
Pardus

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

make vll just an extra GFI, not a movement... makes them still possible, but just one dice roll more dangerous
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget you CAN defend against one turners in a sense, anyway, by setting up a defence quite a way back on the pitch. If they have enough high MA people to get a blitz against someone on the back line, they've got some remarkable players... if not (as is the case if you set up nearly on the TD zone) the 1 turner must make more risky dodges.

Not perfect, I know, but leaves you a chance. Confused
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

get them tackle and diving tackle... and put some passblockers near the LOS so they can put zones onto the receiver

hell you cant really defend against. Another way would be kick and put the ball so far behind that the thrower misses the pass. Won´t work with Woodies, cause they are likely to get a long pass done

Jump to: