30 coaches online • Server time: 08:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tighearnan

Post 19 Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I invite any and all to read my report of a recently played game and see what I've noticed as a starting trend within this community.

link removed

If you view report plz know it is a rant pertaining to abusive stalling and the frustration it caused me in this particular game. Please leave the insults at home I have recieved enough thank you.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Last edited by Tighearnan on %b %22, %2006 - %04:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

He stalled, it's a strategy, get over it.
Tighearnan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously, you are of the same mindset
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really, I don't like to stall much myself, I find it kinda dull and prefer the chance of earning another TD.
That said I don't have a problem is someone stalls against me. Game is a game.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand your annoyance. However, stalling is a part of the game in the same way an American football team milks the clock when it's ahead. By the way, when an opponent who is 33 TS higher than you challenges you, it's a good bet that they are desperate to win by any means necessary.
Tighearnan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

True, I fully understand that it is a strategy. I am merely speaking to the fact that such tactics ruin the spirit of this game nobody wants to stare at a screen for an entire game with nothing to do. Blood Bowl should be a fun engaging game, passing, blocking, stalling a little if necessary, and fouling if pivotal to a plays completion.
Tighearnan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the advice max
Wallace

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a much bigger problem with whiners and people who push the self fulfilling prophecy that the FUMBBL community are a bunch of dicks. If YOU lighten up the whole place will be much more fun! Everyone needs to realise that people see things differently about Blood Bowl. If you don't like stalling it dosn't mean that someone who does is a 'jackass' or a bad sport. The same can be said (and is ad naseum) about just about everything else (e.g. one turners, DP, picking all Claw/RSC for mutations, playing dwarves, fouling, 'cherry picking', etc etc etc etc etc etc.... bah!).

The sooner boring people who refuse to accept anything outside of their own small definition is okay just relax a little all the percieved problems and issues will melt away. Lighten up Tighearnan! No one gives a crap if you like stalling or not! How usefull has your post been to make FUMBBL a better place? I've had plenty of fun playing against stallers, foul-a-turners, one-turners, elf bowlers, Dwarven sludge'n'trudge, Khemri team wreckers and everything in between. The soone you realise the problem is YOUR tolerance level of other people thinking differently the better.

/Rant off so I don't become TOO much of a Hypocrite...

Remember, gl&hf!
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way Tighearnan, stalling is something you'll have to deal with when you play wood elves. Bashier teams don't have too many ways to stop wood elves from scoring except holding onto the ball. If you read a lot on this site, you'll see that a lot of slow, bashy teams play for the 2-1 win--You score once, then they take the whole half to equalize, and then take the whole 2nd half to win. It may be dull, but it is a completely reasonable approach for a team that can't keep up with your speed and agility. It should be noted that Skaven don't usually stall...
Tighearnan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not saying the community is a bunch of dicks Wallace, alright and I am not whining. I am merely voicing one of the many opinions that as you have stated:"Everyone needs to realise that people see things differently about Blood Bowl." Seeing as this is general chat I am expressing my feelings on this issue. Perhaps it's just a rant, or perhaps helpful people will read this and give advice on things to do to aide my game play (Thank yuou again Max). Either way my soapbox is juat as valid as yours and if you don't agree that is your right. Perhaps people who would like to avoid stallers will read this and find people to avoid, especially if like me people have limited time to play and would like to do more than watch someone stall for an hour and a half.
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want to play vs coaches intent on winning try playing Div U or Stunty games. But really. posting those post game comments here just makes you look like an ass. I suggest deleting the link and just ask "is stalling a part of the game".

Someome can then refer to the 100 threads already written on the subject.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

And yes perhaps jackass was a little extreme, but I was upset at the time I had wasted playing a down right boring game. Forgive me for being human and please don't try to twist my words to lash out at the community. Which is not my intent, merely to bring attention to these people so they can be avoided by people like me.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully, calling a new player an ass is not productive. A little logic goes a lot further than unnecessary insults.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tighearnan wrote:
I am not saying the community is a bunch of dicks Wallace, alright and I am not whining. I am merely voicing one of the many opinions that as you have stated:"Everyone needs to realise that people see things differently about Blood Bowl." Seeing as this is general chat I am expressing my feelings on this issue. Perhaps it's just a rant, or perhaps helpful people will read this and give advice on things to do to aide my game play (Thank yuou again Max). Either way my soapbox is juat as valid as yours and if you don't agree that is your right. Perhaps people who would like to avoid stallers will read this and find people to avoid, especially if like me people have limited time to play and would like to do more than watch someone stall for an hour and a half.

Umm I'm pretty sure you post didn't ask for any advice and linked to a long ranting whinge about someone not playing the way you think they should have.

I you HAD of posted somthing like ' I just lost a game to a guy that shut the game down buy stalling very effectively. Does anyone know how I could counter this tactic better or avoid situations where it is likely to be used against me?' that would have been okay.

As it is you should take Mully's excellent advice!
Razz
Tighearnan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully, it was Div U. That is part of the reason I play there. It may make me look like an ass but it is the truth, they are my true feelings of the situation. Take them as you will, I enjoy this game and playing it (keyword playing) win or lose the fun is in the playing, not watch stalling.
 Jump to: