26 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2007 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

HasniM wrote:
I was thinking that it might be nice to change the 'observer' settings for Academy games so spectators can give advise to coaches midgame. Sure, it's kibitzing, but then they can ask questions rather than try random things.

Well, that might be done in #FumbblAcademy if required.
But I think learning by doing works better than learning by advice.

SuperCol

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2007 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea. Wonder what Christer's thoughts are on the subject? What about some of the more experienced coaches on fumbbl specifically having an academy team for that purpose and put in a certain amount of time on it (real world example would be, say, pro-bono lawyers). I'm sure someone like me would learn a heckuva lot from some of you guys! Smile
Roseph

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2007 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in relation to Academy I am not the greatest coach but i do keep a couple of academy teams around for the times i run into people looking for games that dont have alot of exp. If asked I will play.If you dont have a great understanding or are just learning the game tell me Ill spend the time to help. Now having said that READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU PLAY. I have played several matches in Academy that the coaches hadnt read the rules. So thats my 2 cents
SuperCol

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2007 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea. Wonder what Christer's thoughts are on the subject? What about some of the more experienced coaches on fumbbl specifically having an academy team for that purpose and put in a certain amount of time on it (real world example would be, say, pro-bono lawyers). I'm sure someone like me would learn a heckuva lot from some of you guys! Smile
Kybernetik

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a new player, or a "student", and i think the idea about having some sort of list/threat, where you could sign up seems like the best.
- It would be a nice and easy way to search for help, and besides that, it's easily realized.

Right now, i have no idea about who to ask for help, so a threat would be a big bonus, atleast for me.
 Jump to: