60 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bamboo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I played bloodbowl back in the pre-lizardmen days, and being a newcomer on Fumbbl I have NO IDEA how to play against them. What are their weaknesses? I suppose they're a weirdly polarised team and not big on AG, but they're so F^*£ing FAST!!! Grrr....

Anyone got any Anti-Lizard tricks they could suggest???

[in the meantime I've started my own lizard team
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=246260
if you wish you can come and thrash me anytime, to show me how its done.]
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen teams have a hard time dealing with elves (as they never get enough tackle to deal with blodgers). At higher TD they also lose the bashing edge that they start with. The big weakness of the team are the slow development of the saurus. In theory it looks like they could be a monster bashing team but actually they are very much a hybrid team. All saurus players need block... and you need break tackle on at least one or two... and tackle on a couple... and you rarely get more skills than that. With just a guard or two the team can not compete bash-wise with the pure bash teams. But they still work good against the other hybrid teams that they can tie up and bash down with their saurus.

Weaknesses earlier are twofold: Lack of block and lack of rerolls means that the lizard plays tend to be high risk compared to the more skillfull teams.

Tactics to use against them: Try to blitz a skink every turn if possible, without skinks they don't have a chance to score as the other players have ag1. In critical moments, especially on offense you can tie down the saurus completly with linemen forcing the skinks to do the blitzing.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh! Oooooh! I know this one! I'll make an [A]cademy team if you do Razz

No really - beating lizards isn't harder than beating any other race and I'll teach you how!

Cheers,
Red

EDIT: And TinkyWinky's advice is sound but remember that blitzing the skink every turn tactic is only anywhere near reliable if you have a Tackle/MB player. Otherwise I'd say the key to defeating lizards is tying down the Sauri succesfully with as few men as possible.

EDIT: And gang foul all kick-skinks you come across - they are truly the work of the devil. I should know Twisted Evil
Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's true... all you need to do is sacrifice a lineman for each Saurus to keep them busy needing a 5+ to dodge away or a wasted blitz then squash the Skinks holding the ball! The only advice I have to add is not to focus too much on putting tackle zones all over the ball when on offense so much as forcing a dodge or blitz to reach the ball carrier... oh... and I'd never waste a foul on a skink when you can just knock them over and squish them just as easy and even if you are a foul fouling fouler fowl it's probably best to focus your filthy foul fouling on Kroxigors or Saurus'... If you aren't, I've always found it easy to use your numbers against Lizardmen, tactic number one being hitting a naked 4 St with a Block player and an assist gives you a 50% chance to knock over and anything but a 1 to stay standing... since they tend to spread out so often I've never really had a trouble dealing with them...
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nature_Warden wrote:
It's true... all you need to do is sacrifice a lineman for each Saurus to keep them busy needing a 5+ to dodge away or a wasted blitz then squash the Skinks holding the ball! The only advice I have to add is not to focus too much on putting tackle zones all over the ball when on offense so much as forcing a dodge or blitz to reach the ball carrier... oh... and I'd never waste a foul on a skink when you can just knock them over and squish them just as easy and even if you are a foul fouling fouler fowl it's probably best to focus your filthy foul fouling on Kroxigors or Saurus'... If you aren't, I've always found it easy to use your numbers against Lizardmen, tactic number one being hitting a naked 4 St with a Block player and an assist gives you a 50% chance to knock over and anything but a 1 to stay standing... since they tend to spread out so often I've never really had a trouble dealing with them...

Egads! Never let anyone have a 2d block shot at your ball carrier (not 1d for that matter Razz).

As for the fouling part this is another thing that makes lizards less of a bashing team - the lack of general acces on skinks. It means that they have a hard time getting DP and since a good lizard team will rarely have much Mighty Blow this all adds to pretty low bashing power.

Lizards are really one of the the teams who suffer most if they lose the coin toss as they have no expandable players to put on the LoS and this oftens leads to a an early DP gang foul on a Saurus - and that can hurt.
xlars

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say that the blitz-a-skink-every-turn tactic works. Another thing is to never play lizards with a rookie chaos team. They will loose.
-XL

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

hihi
thats the prob with your tactic
i use my saurus to carry ball
with a rr you have a 50 % chance to pick up ball, and if no freaking leaper elf is around its worth a try if someone is in range then of course not Razz
and then you can fool around with my shrinks but the ball is in a funny cage of str 4 players

btw the only thing helps against them is fouling
start turn 1 vs saurus
no saurus = way to the ball
and lizards have no dp, at least not easy ^^
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I always went with the sound advice:
-to beat a lizardmen team, take out their skinks
-to break a lizardmen team, take out their saurus
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Just go for the skinks saurus can hardly score
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

you just tell Dreadclaw and whine that! Laughing Wink

i think its a mental problem for my skinks. but they never pick the ball up in the backfield! Smile

Amyway, Lizards are one of my bogey teams myself, id agree the best tactic is to use fodder to tie up players, but i usually rely on bad luck from my opponent and hope his krox rolls bonehead!

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %28, %2006 - %11:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Destroy all Hat Dwarves, Orcs, Khemri and Ogres, but please....

Save the Lizards!

Last edited by SideshowBob on %b %28, %2006 - %11:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Poor Lizards Sad
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
you just tell Dreadclaw and whine that! Laughing Wink

i think its a mental problem for my skinks. but they never pick the ball up in the backfield! Smile

Hehe..still nr 1 of all scaly ones scorers.. nobody can beat 97 tds with a saurus..yet!

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

1- Blitz a skink every turn
2- put a single lino in front of every saurus if you can

and I might add:
3- keep a tackler next to ballcarrier. Diving Tackle skinks are incredibly annoying if they stick to the ball, and must be dealt with immediatly and violently.

And now... two examples:

Example A: when tip #1 works

Example B: when tip #1 doesn't work

...so basically:
you break the little ones = you win.
you fail to break the little ones = you lose.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:
hihi
thats the prob with your tactic
i use my saurus to carry ball
with a rr you have a 50 % chance to pick up ball, and if no freaking leaper elf is around its worth a try if someone is in range then of course not Razz
and then you can fool around with my shrinks but the ball is in a funny cage of str 4 players

btw the only thing helps against them is fouling
start turn 1 vs saurus
no saurus = way to the ball
and lizards have no dp, at least not easy ^^

No offence Van, but if your opponents are worth anything they won't let you get away with this Smile Even without a leaping elf freak I'd be punishing you big time for trying to pick up the ball with a Saurus - of course if you get it the 1st time it's great but if you don't...

I wouldn't personally try this unless my opponent was a well below average coach or I was already ahead with a good margin. Other than that leave Saurus TDs to touch backs. Especially since early on you'll need the few RRs you have and later on opponent's players' skills are sufficient to make your head hurt.
 Jump to: