14 coaches online • Server time: 06:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Vanguard wrote:
hihi
thats the prob with your tactic
i use my saurus to carry ball
with a rr you have a 50 % chance to pick up ball, and if no freaking leaper elf is around its worth a try if someone is in range then of course not Razz
and then you can fool around with my shrinks but the ball is in a funny cage of str 4 players

btw the only thing helps against them is fouling
start turn 1 vs saurus
no saurus = way to the ball
and lizards have no dp, at least not easy ^^

No offence Van, but if your opponents are worth anything they won't let you get away with this Smile Even without a leaping elf freak I'd be punishing you big time for trying to pick up the ball with a Saurus - of course if you get it the 1st time it's great but if you don't...

I wouldn't personally try this unless my opponent was a well below average coach or I was already ahead with a good margin. Other than that leave Saurus TDs to touch backs. Especially since early on you'll need the few RRs you have and later on opponent's players' skills are sufficient to make your head hurt.

I'm with Redfish on this one.
50% chance (considering reroll) to pick up is real bad. I laways deploy my ma8 catchers on wings, and they usually have blodge sidestep. Since you can't blitz both my catchers, if you fail your pickup it's very likely that I can put a tacklezone on the ball in my first turn. Not the smartest approach if you ask me.

ps: and I'm a human... with elves (ag4, maybe leap, higher movement rate or higher strenght on catchers) it's even worse.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as far as I see, Vanguard is doing very well with this Tactics:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=248042

But 50% is indeed really bad chance to pick up the ball.
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

How about screening the Lizard ball-getter with skinks... lol

Or maybe that'd actually work... assuming full complement of Sauri and a Krox...

BFN

Paul
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

coffindodger wrote:
How about screening the Lizard ball-getter with skinks... lol

Or maybe that'd actually work... assuming full complement of Sauri and a Krox...

BFN

Paul

Still if he fails his pick up he's either way back and thus I've already got an advantage as a defender or I'll be able to put 1-2 TZs on the ball - in my oppinion it's just not worth the risk of having to try and make the pickup again.

Perhaps if I'm desperate and the opponent has a MA 10 Wardancer with strip ball and there's no where to hide.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Perhaps if I'm desperate and the opponent has a MA 10 Wardancer with strip ball and there's no where to hide.

...and if I were the elf coach I'd try the -2d block anyway Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

beliefe me its a nice surprise as many players put their players deep vs lizards so noone in reach to get ball i try it with saurus
if they are in range and there is a chance to get to the ball of course not

and if you dont beliefe make a aka team and i show you ^^
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Academy teams are TR100. At TR 100 yours could be a good solution.
At TR 200 it's suicide imho.

But again: I never coached lizards so I have no real experience. I just know I'd like to face an opponent who tries to pickup with AG1... (me imagines a mummy trying to pickup in turn 1... me drools...)

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:
beliefe me its a nice surprise as many players put their players deep vs lizards so noone in reach to get ball i try it with saurus
if they are in range and there is a chance to get to the ball of course not

and if you dont beliefe make a aka team and i show you ^^

Which brings me to another point - don't put your players deep against lizards (not you van Wink). This will give the Sauri the ideal oppertunity to advance and tie down the opponents they want - letting lizards advance easily is the best way to let them dictate the game from the get go.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i play lizards for some games now and its funny how good it work
and for those which wana look for my team look for my old one Smile
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

btw mummy and saurus have a bit of difference in walk speed ^^
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

(no offence, off topic) btw Vanguard: there is something as edit, it is really cool if you have forgotten something in your post.

(on topic) I didn't really have troubles with lizardman. As said I just focus on hitting the weakest guys (just as I try to do versus any team). The philosophy is simple: you have larger chances of hurting guys without block, and players with AV7 and stunty end up more injured than AV9 Str4 guys. Once most skinks are off the pitch, you can afford to commit two guys in the assist to get a saurus down. Here the same method is used: first pick the ones without block (preferably the most dangerous ones, thus those with break tackle) and than start fouling away. Of course a foul on a skink is more likely to inflict damage (so I probably would have fouled a fling already, so think about weather you can afford one sent off)

On the issue of trying to score with sauri: it is a must, I'm afraid. You want your Sauri to skill up ASAP. Skinks tend to skill up fast and sadly die fast too. Skilled sauri is the necessarry to protect those skinks. So yez, depending on the situation, try the pick up with a Saurus, if it fails, too bad, but if it succeeds, the reward is worth "wasting" a RR.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

(no offence, off topic) ^^ what the prob with it post count does no longer excist, the spam cannot be bcs so many spamed and noone said something -.- or even polls really senseless. but if you feel better i will edit next time
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:
(no offence, off topic) ^^ what the prob with it post count does no longer excist, the spam cannot be bcs so many spamed and noone said something -.- or even polls really senseless. but if you feel better i will edit next time

It has nothing to do with post count and never has - it's more about making a cleaner more streamlined forum Smile
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course you don't leave the saurus alone to pick up the ball, there's a defensive screen of skinks, so even if you fail the pickup your opponent can't get it. Skink touchdowns should be a last resort on a Lizard team, usually the Sauri need to score the TDs (70% of the TDs were done by Sauri in my current unranked Lizard team) as they badly need skills.
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen have loads of weaknesses.

- The only passing game they could really develop is Hail Mary Pass on a double + Diving Catch;
- Getting a Kicker means sacrificing a regular skill roll on a Saurus (and when can you really afford that?) or a double on a Skink (and between all the other choices...)
- Skinks are fragile; once they're gone, any decent ball handling is gone, too.