32 coaches online • Server time: 13:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emmers

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

There was some talk a while ago about making tournaments that were specific to a range of Team Ratings. I have formed two groups, a lightweight Div and a Welter Weight Div. Teams less than 150 in team rating can apply to the light weights, and teams between 151 and 200 can apply to the welterweights. I am hoping to run these tourneys on a monthly basis. No heavy Weight Div because all you heavies can go to the fumbbl cup next time it comes around. This is a good way for your team to get tourney experience and build itself with some gaurenteed games so you can be ready for the next Big Cup tourney. I will start with 8 in each one unless responses are overwhelming, then I will bump up to 16. Not more than 16 since I want to run this monthly. Teams in excess of 16 can get gaurenteed spots in the September tourney.

Light weights
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=223

Edited " Pending admin approval"

Welter weights
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=224
Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great idea! Count me in!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Question 1:
what is Team X with a rating of 140 joins lightweight, plays well and reaches 170 for example. Can he play the tournament til its done and then be transfered or is he tranfered directly?

Question 2:
Is this Tournament for Div T or Div O?
Fumbbl cup is Open aint it?
Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Answer 1: I guessed you need to be <=200 or <=150 before the 1st cup game.. else this in hard managable: the idea is to get more games to make a chance in the fumbble cup. keeping your tr below tr x will not make the fumbbl cup any easier.

If it's not like that... I have a big problem (my team = tr 200)

Answer 2: It's indeed Div-O.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Can the Divx Division play in these 2 tournaments ???
Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

nope.. Div-O and Div-X doesn't match
Someone could ogranize a Div-X tournament like this though. (you maybe?)

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The team rating is only important at teh start of the tourney.

Also, we are likely not going to get approval from admin on this, I've spoke with two and they are not excited about it. I don't think this will work in Div T because most Div T teams are in leagues already. I like the idea of this being a training ground for future fumbble cup teams. If all of you who have expressed interest feel the same way, please post your opinions here. Hopefully enough of us will sway the opinions of the admins on this issue. Thanks
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do the admins care about what type of tourney you run?

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just a set of fixed games to play some games and you earn some honor with it.. if you make it far. Same like the fumblle cup.

Maybe it would be nice if an admin could post why this is a problem? Then I can understand why tournements like this are not allowed.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the intention was for the majority of tournaments to run in the tournament division, hence the name. The problem with allowing lots of tournies in open is giving a boost to the teams that play in them and reach the semifinal and final rounds. This is why we don't allow unrestricted tounaments in the open division, someone could easily just start tournies all the time and just invite a group of friends, artificialy boosting those teams. The thing is, we hadn't really come up with a policy on when to allow exceptions to this rule, and we really need to get all the admins together and discuss that, but Christer is out of town at the moment.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

How about you allow any tourneys but dont allow any semi or final bonuses? Then they will be just like regular open games. Except for more Pride

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Are teams still being accepted in the lightweight division?

(want to double check before I cut a couple skeletons to get under the 150 max.)

Also, I'd be happy to play in tournaments for pride (no bonus for semi or final). this sounds very cool to me Cool
Emmers

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I had no intention of using semi or final bonuses. It would be my opinion that bonuses would only associate with major tournaments. These would be only minor tournaments. I would also like to reiterate, that noone who enters will be denied (accept if they are over the team rating) and that coaches on the waiting list will be given priority in the following tournaments. It would be run fairly and equally for all coaches.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

See, the thing is, the tournament system turns them on automatically right now. To change that would require some recoding in the tournament system. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that we need to give it some more though to be sure that any potential problems are sorted out in advance.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Emmers - You ought to run your toruney just like a normal league except you will set up the matchups and post them on this thread. That way you dont have to worry about using the "Tourney" rules.

Jump to: