13 coaches online • Server time: 06:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
we really need to get all the admins together and discuss that, but Christer is out of town at the moment.

I think discussing it would be a good idea.
Atm. players could organize a tournament with a hidden scedule in FUMBBL, getting the pride we are looking for. The current system can't stop that. Just like playing halflings and goblins all the time to boost teams is hard to stop. (please Mr-K can I play your Grotty Little Wankers again? Razz )

Maybe the feature request should be to be able to organize within Div-x and Div-O with all teams allowed. The restriction is that you can't use the semi-final and final option on. (do I need to put this feature request in the right forum Mr-Klipp ? or is this post enough?)

If there would be something like that.. we could get cups like the Weight class cups started. just for fun, not to abuse the system.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2003 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, per the site rules, leagues must be run in the tournament division as well. The main idea here, is to put any teams that are not playing the wider set of coaches out of ranking.

The Finishing Touch
Emmers

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2003 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I for one do not want to break any rules. Action in the cup leegs has not been started while we await admin approval. I truly hope we get it. I would hope that we would qualify as a sort of a Meta leeg like anarchists or EMU. The reason I think we could qualify is that membership in the leeg is temporary. Your membership in the leeg only lasts for one tournament. After that you have to get back in line and wait your turn. I understand the potential for abuse, but nobody in the tournament is a friend of mine, and I am not even in the tournament anymore (making room for other coaches). The fact that many coaches have shown interest, and shown it quickly should demonstrate a large demand for this type of game play. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a team that can compete in the Fummbl Cup. I believe that I can offer a service for those lower ranked teams. It is my wish that these points are brought up in the discussion among the admins upon Christer's return.
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I will have to leave this league, my Dwarfs couldn't resist playing Bendrig's Woodelfs: Berek's Boys.
So I have topped the 200 team rating now. If I drop below 200, I'll join the group again.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it would have been fun, but alas, no admin has told us we can do it. (of course none of them have paid the courtesy of telling us no either). But, we can only assume they have decided against our lovely idea. Thanks to all who showed interest. The groups are disbanded
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 20:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
per the site rules, leagues must be run in the tournament division as well.

Isn't this an answer?

-- Christer
 Jump to: