26 coaches online • Server time: 01:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Webbe

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

With the TV system +st will be a lot less mandatory as it gives you so much more TV compared to a normal skill or double. Very good!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 13:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be turning down +str on any av8 Big Guy IMHO it's especially important for them to get block ASAP.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
I would not. A ST6 guard is something your opponent can't move. Plus, you have 1/6 chance to roll another double for block, and 1/36 chance to roll another +ST. Plus, with ST6 you only need an assist to get three dice, so no block is not THAT bad.

But even with 3 dice the odds of falling over on a block are higher than on a 2 die block with the block skill: It's 1 / 27 for the 3 dice and 1 / 36 for 2 dice.

Also, if the Big guy is standing next to an opposing longbeard, it doesn't matter whether he has got ST 5 or ST 6, the longbeard will still get a 2 die block with the big guy's choice when he blocks him. Since the longbeard only dodges with a 50% chance, his best odds are blocking the big guy:

ST5 Block Bigguy: 11% of knocking him down, 30% chance of the longbeard falling over

ST6 non-block Bigguy: 25% of knocking him down, 30% chance of the longbeard falling over, 45% push.

So the odds of knocking down your +ST big guy are almost as big as the odds for the longbeard going down, they're even higher with a reroll. A non-block big guy is simply too unreliable to have on the pitch.

All right. But the chances to get block later in his career compensate all that you said.

I had a ST6 Block Guard Ogre and I would have NEVER preferred a Block-Guard StandFirm one (assuming I took Block instead of +ST at 6 spps...)

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I d also add this about 3 dices blocks. 1/27 = 3,7% so really low.

However vs a standard player with block:
knock him down=5/9 at 2dices+b=55.5%
knock him down=19/27 at 3dices=70.3%

vs a blodger
2d+b=>11/36=30.5%
3d=>57.9%

vs a skillless player:
2d+b=>3/4=75%
3d=>70.3%

chances to fall alone
3d=>3.7%
2d+b=>2.7%

well then it is debatable how many 3dices blocks you will have overall. But by comparison only of 3dices vs 2dices+block, my choice is very easy:

3 DICES

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

he pretends he is:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2412370

he thinks he is:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2698686

but he is it:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2412363

Smile

Plorg wrote:
amstar34 wrote:
So this question will undoubtedly be asked again!

Not by me! NEVER! <shakes fist at clouds>

xcver wrote:
"Power without perception is virtually useless and therefor of no true value!"

I am the true Fist of the North Star!

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2006 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
All right. But the chances to get block later in his career compensate all that you said.

I had a ST6 Block Guard Ogre and I would have NEVER preferred a Block-Guard StandFirm one (assuming I took Block instead of +ST at 6 spps...)

It's really preference, taking +ST is certainly worthwhile too, but I prefer block. Emphasy used to have an ST 6 ogre without block on his ogre team. After playing me, he didn't... A block ogre might have lasted longer (although I have to admit that the injury came to be from a foul and not a block, but it was the block and his lack of the block skill that got him down, so...).
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I can come up with a number of different scenarios where I wouldn't necessarily take +strength, most of which have already been mentioned. A dauntless ST 2 player like AFK mentioned probably has better choices. For a treeman, I might choose something else--I certainly would if I already had +strength. For an ogre team I might choose block or pro depending on the team.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 08, 2006 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Guys should always use the double on Block/Pro

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 08, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

As to whomever asked, 'why should i get a s8 tree'. Surely a better question is why shouldnt you? I mean think of it Smile Beating some silly orcs with strength 8 just HAS to be satisfying Very Happy

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, how about this one then. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=194842 The tree just rolled a double 6. Im thinking like hell, trying to decide on St7 or Block. suggestions?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST every time, never a question involved

ever wonder why a +ST is worth 50k in LRB5.0 and a Double is worth 30k? Wink
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont get +str nuffle will come to you in the middle of the night when your sleeping face down and get medievil with your...COUCH!
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

SergeiBautin wrote:
Ok, how about this one then. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=194842 The tree just rolled a double 6. Im thinking like hell, trying to decide on St7 or Block. suggestions?

Well, the advantage from ST6->ST7 is larger than from ST5->ST6 due to the 3 die blocks without assists against ST3 players. In that case, even I would pick +ST. On other big guys I'd go for block.
Hindsberg

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So plorg opened up a discussion to close one. But he was wrong. So the thread cotinues.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, the St7 gives 3 dive blocks by itself, but block gives you more knockdowns, and therefore more SPP.

Jump to: