14 coaches online • Server time: 03:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArtaXerxes

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have children who like to watch me play my hobby (this great game) or learn more about BB by spectating other's games. Unfortunately some of the customised portraits of players are distressing to them (even if not to 99.9% of coaches). I would therefore like to block the download of player portraits. I see that the JBB options screen has a "tick box" allowing such. Unfortunately the switch (or my use of it) seems to be broke.

If I untick the downloads switch and start a game, the portraits are still downloaded and the tick is not remembered in the options screen (next game the download switch is back on). I notice that if the FUMBBL login switch is not ticked, the download portraits switch will stay off, but return if FUMBBL login is ticked again.

A more computer savy Coach than I has tried to edit the ini files but without success. Anyone else got some clues?
Fama

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's the same as with some other options, Fumbbl enforces them, so you HAVE to use them. I don't see why that is enforced tho. At least I think that's what's happening. Don't know how to get past that.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I talked to Ski Junkie, he says he has trouble figuting out whats wrong. No word from Christer yet.
I hate that Download of Portraits, since i made my own and really want to use them.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst i see why familyfriendly issues might be a problem, I like the ability, and usually take the time to use my own, since i think it adds something to the team, shows youve taken a bit of care/thought about it. If the option is fixed that'd be good tho

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

George this is about a button that does not work...

You can't turn it off. Nobody wants to completly disable the feature.
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

this should probably be in the "bug reports" section rather than customisation, right?

OldBugman

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6874&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Thomcat

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ArtaXerxes wrote:
I have children who like to watch me play my hobby (this great game) or learn more about BB by spectating other's games. Unfortunately some of the customised portraits of players are distressing to them (even if not to 99.9% of coaches). I would therefore like to block the download of player portraits. I see that the JBB options screen has a "tick box" allowing such. Unfortunately the switch (or my use of it) seems to be broke.

If I untick the downloads switch and start a game, the portraits are still downloaded and the tick is not remembered in the options screen (next game the download switch is back on). I notice that if the FUMBBL login switch is not ticked, the download portraits switch will stay off, but return if FUMBBL login is ticked again.

A more computer savy Coach than I has tried to edit the ini files but without success. Anyone else got some clues?

Well to be honest this problem i do NOT get. Blood Bowl was from the start sold with an age 15+ label on it. IT is the same age as we danes have to be to buy p0rn (and I really hope that noone watches p0rn with their children).

That said I would rather let children watch a JBB game - even with some semioffensive pictures (and REMEMBER all pictures are approved) - this is still way better than any britney spears Music Video and most rap videos.

And on top of this you could just check your opponents teams before agreeing to a game and then make sure they have no custom pictures
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

u forget all the violent pics. only the erotic ones are disapproved
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, he did say the pictures were distressing to the kids, not to him.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 21:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst I realise that this thread primarily concerns images of violence that approvers may allow but a concerned parent wishes to reserve the right not to....

Some pictures may slip throuhg the process that simply shopuldnt be there.

Please also feel free to mention to an approver or admin any pictures that have slipped through the approval process.
 Jump to: