72 coaches online • Server time: 23:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a coach quit a game on me. and wanted to write a piece about, 'shitty coaches that leave matches'. But since that's not entirely appropriate, and wouldn't make me any friends, I'd write a piece about my favorite coaches, "that are fun to play."

These are coaches that'd play a bashy player like me a second time, know how to play, and are fun to play, wouldn't leave a match, and are very good sports. So feel free to foul'm.
From my buddy list:

Bendrig, BrotherMarius, Burnalot, Cecil, Chappy, ChipUk, Cris, Dragoonkin, Grouilllormd, Khaan, KidCrestHill, Linxter, Lorgalis, Luk, Masen, Mnemon, Odi, Pontus, Rednight, Rice028, Sasquatch, Zpaki, Cjonsto, Darkersun, Deathgerbil, duderman, fbbl, hede, lord_shambles, maxblb, meatpack, nachtmeister, norsenuts, xone, reficul, zrenda.
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I also hate it when they don't talk at all during the game and as soon as the final whistle blows they take off without a word.
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no prob. with ppl showin a bit of emotions due to bad luck or whatever else. The key to staying till the end of the match is taking the game less seriously. Once you know how to do that, there wouldnt be any reason for any/all of us not to have fun while playin the game on line.
my 2 cents
-L-
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wuhan, how come I am not on that list? Wink

I forget to use the buddy list to remember coaches I enjoyed playing. But I remember playing a few I had a blast playing with:
Mr. Klipp, BadMrMojo, Dragoonkin (aka easy win), gken1, meatpack, Christer, Cjohnsto, tgrozow,wuhan (who likes to foul) and Rice028 (a personal friend of mine).

I try to make conversation and feel bad for the coach when they roll crappy. I sometimes do a little touchdown dance and that gets a chuckle sometimes.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry darkwolf, just added you too. Smile
Beater

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

They can foul me every turn, push my whole team over the sideline in turn 8 and verbally abuse me. As long as they do it FAST.

*Did you know? People from Spain can't stay under 5 minutes per turn.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Beater wrote:
They can foul me every turn, push my whole team over the sideline in turn 8 and verbally abuse me. As long as they do it FAST

Good point. Slow players are possibly the worst (not considering cheaters which I've encountered very rarely if at all).

No problems with conceding though, neither with my opponent nor with me. It's part of the rules and perfectly ok I'd say. And that means ANYTIME for me, even before a TD is likely to be scored. If you don't like conceding, don't blame the opposing coach, blame JJ or whoever is responsible for that rule (personally, the rule is fine with me).
odi

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot coaches who have been fun to play. I don't mind someone tearing apart my team, as long as we both have a few laughs doing it. People who just play silently, or only whine and can't laugh at their failures aren't that fun to play against. But, most of you coaches are pretty sporty players.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

guess wuhan didn't like losing to me :p
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i second that ... Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add a few who haven't been mentioned specifically above (and I would include several of the above as well... I would hope you know who you are):

Trog, Moxy, peikko, psikobunny, TrekBlood, CaileanHawk, Zy-Nox, BunnyPuncher, Korhil (I complained about his playing only to win in the past, but I've since come to realize that that's fun in its own way, sometimes), Kingshelm, Amon242, Yavanaril

I truly apologize for those (undoubtedly many) I've overlooked. It's not that you didn't make the list, just that I have a memory like swiss cheese. Lotsa holes...
Moral of the story: No matter how much people complain about the fouling or the pushing or the stalling (or ... whatever), there's just a lot of good guys to play here. Life is good.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to nominate Smidols as my Favorite coach, you can rip his team apart and he'll keep coming back for more, never quits a match and always has a friendly chat at the end of the match reguardless of the result.

To Smidols Hurrah
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Copycat the supreme slavelord of Halflings
Trekblood, Trog, Xaos, Luk, Indur and peikko and the rest of the funbbl crew (not including one I wont type his name) are all great sports too
Cool

Last edited by cusi on Oct 28, 2003 - 06:11; edited 1 time in total
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, i see.. not beeing mentioned here is bad. So i must be a lame coach Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admin that I just hate to play you all!
Specially mezir for messing up the game for getting killed all the time, gorritakid for slapping oppoenent with his photocopy of his HUGE ass, halibuli smelling Cusi, boombastic Indur, always so awful sport Mnemon not to mention veron, Janzki, Copycat, Santa, Inzanity, and others!.
Im not even to tell how much and why I hate you all, but you know who the rest of you are, Ill never like playing you!
 Jump to: