62 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Anarchists Never Ashamedly Refuse Challenges!
Honourable Invitational Super Tournament.

If you agree to the anarchist principles of: voluntary association, consensus,non-coercion and goodwill, you may be invited to join the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. Send me a PM with your team name and why you want to play in the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. I'll review your application and confirm your status. Or you can be lazy and just ask for an invite via the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. group although you won't score any bonus points.

This tournament is for all those who are dying for a challenge system. So if you don't want to play with challenges, it's probably best that you stop reading.

Voluntary Association: This is strictly an opt-in system. Since I am founding this tournament, you need to send me a PM explaining why you want to join the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. I retain the right to refuse teams that I don't want to voluntarily associate with (which probably won't happen).

Consensus: I'll try my best to be fair in all rulings, but if there exists a consensus to do things differently I'll change my mind. I've got a rough idea of the rules/format of the tournament but I'll be looking for input and your consent for what I've decided upon.

Non-coercion: We're all sane people here, so there should be no need for harrassment or the big fist of the tournament founder.

Goodwill: A lot of the rules will be on the honour system. Such as do you really have time to play a match that you have been challenged to? Should you really be challenging that TR100 team with your TR400 team? Should I continually harass the same coach for a match? Questions like these should be resolved with goodwill and integrity. Remember there's always the possibility of a consensus developping to remove an annoying coach Smile

Fun: I'm going to be throwing in some little fun contests to make things a little bit more entertaining. If you strictly want a BloodBowl only tournament, this is probably not the best place to be.

Now that the principles are clear, I'll move on to the tentative format:
1) Open format: You can play games outside of the tournament and you can join with a team at any time (and leave at anytime, but why would you want to miss out on all the fun).
2) Challenges: You can issue a challenge to any team in the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. Only your first challenge of the week can count for scoring purposes. Your best two results will count for scoring purposes. I've set the #A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. channel to issue challenges in or you can always use the message boards.
3) Scoring:
i) Challenges: 10 points for a win, 5 for a tie, 0 for a loss modified by TR difference divided by 15 and score difference (rounding to the closest). No points will be scored for a team that concedes and it will count as your best score for the week. Negative scores will count as 0 and you score a least one point for a win. Here's an example to make it clear:
Masochists (TR100) challenges Sadists (TR160) with a score M2 vs S3.
M scores: 0 (Loss)- 1(Score Difference)- (-4) (TR Difference) = 3
S scores: 10 (Win) - (-1) (Score Difference) - 4 (TR Difference)= 7
ii) Artistic Impression: Bonus points can be earned for artistic impression. Things that will be considered: match reports, creative challenges, good sportsmanship, stories, team names, reasons for joining the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.
iii) Contests: I will probably have a weekly quiz or other such contests where you can earn bonus points.
4) Prizes: Monthly or weekly prizes based on top point getter for the month/week and probably some other stuff for the smaller contests depending on how ambitious I get. The Grand Prize for the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. winner: a completly painted blood bowl team after a match versus the Terrifying Anarchists.
5) Length: Ongoing with monthly winners. Under no circumstances will I accept a team that needs to drop out of a tournament to play matches in the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or comments, fire away.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

[/url]

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %09, %2003 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2003 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Acrobats Never Accept Rude Childish Hopes Involving Sombodys Trousers Laughing

Anytime Nedrick Applies Rudimentry Calculus, Henry Interupts Saying ''Teapot!!!''

Amazing Names, Assorted Races, Crazy!! Halflings Injuring Stupid Treemen!!

Last edited by PhilMan on %b %26, %2003 - %13:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2003 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Aplicably Named Atrocious Races Competing Heavily for the "Incredibly Strong" Title
GalaxyPenguin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"Another Needless Acronysm," Replies Charles. "Hell, Im Sorry, Tony."
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2003 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you feel about the scoring system. Is dividing the TR difference by 10 too generous? Should it be divided by 15? My logic was that a team down TR100 "should" win 5-0, so it should be worth the same as a tie. I'm also thinking of adding an "Oppressed Bonus" to the halflings and goblins of +1 per game.

Anythoughts on the number of challenges per week? Should it be unlimited and take the best one? Both for and against?

If I don't here any suggestions. I'll take that as a consensus for what I've written so far.

I've started the channel #A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. for those of you looking for another channel to hang out in Smile

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=19

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2003 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Acronym: Artificial Networked Android Responsible for Calculation/Humanoid Intended for Sabotage and Troubleshooting

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2003 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Annual National All Races Convention Hosted In Sportive Trousers.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2003 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Another New Assorted Races Competion Honestly Inviting Stupid Teams
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2003 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Always Never Accept Responsibility for Chaos and Havoc Inflicted on Sub-par Teams
Oxinotl

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone Not Avoiding Rude Coaches Have Invited Serious Trouble Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Antiestablishment Neopolitical Anarchist's "Readily Challenging Humanity's Injustices" Sensibility Tournament.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If your points system is based on a 100TR advantage meaning you should win 5-0... then its flawed.

A TD difference of +3 would be a better place to start.

Dwarfs wont score 5-0 even with a 100TR advantage alot of the time. Tho, they could likely get 3-0.

Even Elves vs Elves... 5-0 is pushing it, your opponent has AG4, then can always manage a Passing/Hand-Off play for a full length TD with reasonable success.

---Korhil
sceadeau

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always had a problem trying to win by the highest score possible. I just want the W in the result column, and obtain that by whatever score it happens to be. I'd hate to be rushing myself trying to run up a higher score and win by 2 or 3 more....some teams just don't score that quickly, as Korhil pointed it.

I wouldn't factor in TD difference at all, but instead:

Games should be on a 100 point scale...and here's how i'd do it.

You get 50 - trd/2 (team rating difference) if you win and have the higher TR.

You get 50 + trd/2 if you win and have the lower TR.

In case of a tie, divide the TRD by 10, with the lower TR considered the "winner" for points.

If you lose those matches, you get the opposite...

To explain. A team of TR 272 plays an opponent TR 200, TRD = 72 (272-200)...

If the lower TR wins, he would earn 86 points, and the higher TR guy would lose 86 points.

If the higher TR won, he would earn 14 points, and the low TR guy would lose only 14 points.

If it were a tie, the low TR guy would earn 7.2 points, and the high TR guy would lose 7.2.

This system breaks down if the TRD is over 100, but in that case, no points should be awarded if the higher TR team wins, or 100 points if the lower TR wins...playing a team 100 points beneath is a reward in and of itself, and shouldn't be earning you points in this system.
Samuli

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick thought about TR difference.

Evo, I think the formula is good. If anything needs to be changed then maybe divide the difference by 15. And why is that? As Korhil pointed out, dwarves don't score that fast. Because they are usually meant to grind the opponent to the ground. Well, that "divide by 15" makes almost the same, but the point of this exercise wasto also see that, in my opinion, this shouldn't be a race who can kill the poor wood elves first by challenging them with a dwarf and orc teams.

What does this mean to sceadeau's idea of scrapping td difference, I think it should be overlooked. It has valid points, but not in the sense of our group. Again, this is how I see this group should work. We can discuss things as it is now, and Evo has the final word, of course.

And yes, I'm playing the orcs that usually win by 2-1. This isn't a suggestion that favours my team, but from my point of view, favours fair and goodwilled matches. Where you don't challenge a team with tr difference of 100, anyway.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2003 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I was already leaning towards upping it the TR divisor to 15 but I wanted to see the TR spread first. There looks like there will be a few fairly low TR teams partaking in the tournament, I'm hoping that upping it to 15 won't make it too tempting for big teams to waste their one challenge taking on low TR teams.

As to Korhil's comments, I know that 5-0 is asking alot with only a 100TR on your opponent, but the idea was to disadvantage those who challenged down and reward those who challenge up. It looks like I'm going to go with one challenge per week and you can accept as many challenges that are offered and you keep your two best scores.

As for Sceadeau's not wanting TR differentials, I think they are vital so that lower TR teams can score a moral victory if not a literal victory. Since this is a challenge tournament where it is all about reputation (I hope that comes out in the match reports), I don't want to give the same points to a team that squeaks out a win against a weaker team as one that completely clobbers them.

And if you don't want to gamble to score some more points you can always make up extras by scoring bonus points through artistic impression and the little bonus contests I'll be running. There are two of those already available: the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. acronym and your formal (although, not mandatory) application to join the tournament (I've only actually received two PMs and both were pretty entertaining).

I want this to be a fun tournament with as Samuli puts it "fair and godwilled matches". I hope there is a slight bias towards lower TR teams, so that even if you lose, everyone can still have fun. Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, but always keep in mind the philosophy in which this tournament was founded. I've got my ideas as to where I'd like to take things, but if there is consensus for something different, I'll change things.

I've had the #A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. channel going for a few days. A few people have popped in. I was just wondering how everybody felt about using the channel as a means to notify other coaches that you are accepting challenges, or would you prefer to have the banter in the main channel or does anyone else have some suggestions?

Only a few days into the tournament gets underway.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.newint.org/