54 coaches online • Server time: 22:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Themed Blood Bowl is entering a new stage. First of all the

RULES

§1 Themed: The teams have to be themed, for example players names are only "Breeds of Chicken". Would be fine to have some players bios as well. Wink Each team who wants to participate should post here and i will review it and decide if it is allowed to enter the tournament or not. Breaking theme will result in kick of the tourney. UD should take care of opponents BIOS and make them somehow "possible" or adopt them.

§2a Membership: All regular teams are allowed to be in the tourney. Use the tourney slot for that team.

§2b Starplayers: Starplayers are NOT allowed.

§3 Inside play: Each team is only allowed to play inside the tournament, no outside matches are allowed. Breaking this rule will result in kick of the tourney.

§4 Divisions: At a minimum 2 divisions are in play.

§4.1 Division 1 contains 12 teams, which play in two groups their group phase. Best two teams of each group enter half final, while worse two teams of each group enter relegation. All other teams wait for next season.

§4.2 Each mid division contains 12 teams, if after taking these 12 teams still more than 12 teams are left for next division. These 12 teams would play on two groups. Best two of each group would enter relegation for upper league, while worse two teams of each group would enter relegation[/] for this league. All other teams have to wait for next season.

§4.3 Last division contains all other teams, which play in four groups their group phase. Best team of each group enters [i]relegation
for upper league. All other teams can try next season again to reach upper division.

§4.4 Relegation KO system. Winner of first round play next season in corresponding league. If any team drops out of their division more than 4 places are to be gained. Which will be gained depending on first round losing. First of all, the team who has lost vs the winner of relegation will reach upper division, then the one which has lost vs second.. and so on.

§5 Group Admins Each group has an admin who writes the table for that group. If any problems within that group appear that admin should try to solve the problem before handing it to. That way the work for each of us is not so much.

§6 Group play: Each team has to meet each other team in the group once. Winner of a match gains 3 points, while loser gains nothing. A tie results in an one point for each situation. Score is also written in the table. If table is not clear following will determine the ranking: higher TD difference, more TD scored, higher Cas Score in Group play, higher TD's in team's entire history, or higher Cas Score in entire history. If its still not clear the dice has to decide, like described in section §8.

§7 KO - System: After group play a knockout system is implemented. This means, that if the game is still tied at the end of the overtime the winner will be determined: lower STR, lower TR, higher Cas Score, higher Total TD's in the whole tourney, higher TD score in Group Play, higher Cas Score in Group play, or higher TD's in team's entire history. If its still not clear the dice has to decide, like described in section §8.

§8 Dice decides if its needed and described in corresponding section. The winner will determined by the ".dice 2" function in the #tbb channel. Ask an admin in the channel to type ".dice 2". If the die comes up 1 the first team wins, if the die comes up two the second team wins. If needed they can use ".dice anynumber".

Last edited by Chickenbrain on %b %06, %2003 - %09:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Luk

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to volunteer as a group admin.
//Luk
tore

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course I'll give a hand, ChickenBrain. Just tell me what to do Smile

.: Tore
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll help, Ready and willing

Brad
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good. I liked the short season of the original (3 games). It's up to 5 games but with less playoffs. This feels like you are looking for a more recurring league type format. I hope that the coaches stick it out, so that the relegation and Division 2 games mean something. The league could develop some nice history and fun rivalries.

A few questions:
1) Do you mean that the 2 worst Division 1 teams drop to Division 2 for the next season? It's a little unclear from your post.
2) How much of this can we do with the tournament code? I haven't touched it yet. Although, I'm planning on running a stunty A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. and I may finally get around to doing the C.O.M.M.U.N.I.S.T. soon.
3) Are you going to be doing the match and theme polls again?
4) What would you like me to do?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, thats my intention. I like to have more fun in it. Way more fun.

Answers:

1)2 worse teams of each group (4 teams total) from Division 1 have to face relegation. So there is a chance for them to keep in Division 1.

2)The whole tourney will be run with tournament code. I just have to do one tourney per group, but this will be managed by me.

3) Not sure. Last attempt wasn't that successful at all. Somehow most coaches denied to poll, which annoyed me a bit.

4) You and all other helpers should build a table for their group. Thats the reason why i need 6 major helpers. (One helper per group, so one post per group) I prefer my second group table version, like i did in second season. And you should kick asses of coaches who do not play and tell me.

Actually i plan to let em suffer some negative points for not playing their matches. I want a clean first division and hopefully a clean second as well. But new coaches have to enter 2nd division first. If they are lamers they won't hurt the others (especially first division) to much.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds interesting, how do I join? do I need a brand new team, or can I use an existing team? do I need a team in the T division, any race?
You mentioned using the tournament code, does that mean that each group is going to be KO type? From what I understand the tournament code creates only KO type tournaments, but I might be wrong.

tgrozow
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tourney Code also has round robin play.

Brand new team, themed, apply for group.. Anything i missed??
Ah, well tourney slot...

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

any race or just lrb races?
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Only current races. So no divX nor stunty nor anything else...

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried to compile a list of the coaches who are still in.
If you are a member of Themed Blood Bowl, but not on this list, please let me know.

Santa : yes
Drokmar: yes
DrDookums: yes
wuhan: yes
n3m3sys: yes
Miyuso: yes
Daragor: yes
cusi: yes
Zhluhur: yes
Luk: yes
Korkrest: yes
gorritakid: yes
Candlejack: no
EvolveToAnarchism: yes
tore: yes
Calador: yes
Mnemon: no
Nders: yes
ChickenBrain: yes
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Calador, please change my status to "no".

Thx,

Gorritakid
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You're not in here anyway.. (think so)

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be of course nice to have some new coaches and teams in here as well. Structure will be kept this way. And new teams are always welcome. With 10 spots on tourney slots there shouldn't be that big problem anyway.. Just remember... NEVER PLAY OUTSIDE...

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If any of the TBB coaches has something in mind to change rules or something like that please post it here as well. Its not a "rule closed" league. I like you to be active. Some nice "roleplay" would be also nice, if possible. I want the spirit of themed league Wink

(If we ever reach more than 24 teams in division 2 there will be a division 3 to handle that... for that thing division 2 would be striped to 12 teams similar to division 1... Just no playoff, but instead relegation. And same relegation rules for div 2 - div 3 like it is currently for div 1 - div 2

This is posted to keep it in mind.. and well.. discussion is always welcome...