40 coaches online • Server time: 10:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL Dark Elves coming up

All times the Dark Elves have been known as one of the most fearsome and bloodthirsting races on the face of the Old World. And without a doubt they can be described as perfect bloodbowlers, combining toughness, speed and agility with ruthlessness, unscrupulous play style and blunt hatred for their opponents. While those teams are strolling through the Old World most of the time, once every few years they all travel back to Naggaroth to feast from the Cauldron of Blood.

This Cauldron is not only one of the most sacred items the Dark Elves know, it also holds a magic portion of blood, and whoevr drinks from it, gains youth, beauty and strength. Naturally this is an honour reserved for a few privileged ones only. But every time the holy rituals are held, every Dark Elf is given the chance to gain a drip of the powerful fluid if he proves himself worthy. In former days people killed each other until only a few survived but at some point even the bloodlusting Dark Elves had to see, that this was killing off their population, and so the aspirants are entitled to face each other on the Blood Bowl pitch, to find out who will be given the honour of the Cauldron.

Teams who want to participate can apply to the group page until the tournament starts, Friday June 30th 2006. This is a weekly tournament so please make sure you are available to play during the week, so we don't get any delays. Any [R]Dark Elfi teams are eligable. Only apply if you are willing to play all rounds, so we don't get any drop outs.

Furthermore i will from now on try to add the teams to the group as soon as enough teams have applied to add another round to the tournament. Naturally this does not guarantee the team will play since a drop out can mean that there are not enough teams to play after all. But i hope that this will increase the interest in the tournament and gives some more transparency to the progress.

Last edited by Candlejack on Jul 21, 2006 - 23:38; edited 1 time in total
Franke

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in and ready to go:) let's have some fun!
Zatoc

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Fredrick arrive at XFL ready to stack their claim on the trophy
Saxo

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I have joined with my Aspiring Assasins. I have a quistion though. Is it possible to play matches to ready the team up to the tourney start date even though I have applied to the tourney today?

Idi Amin on a live television broadcast
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play until the schedule goes up.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yes.. teams can play any number of games until next friday..

atm we have 7 applications..

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh, bad timing for me.
The Underdark Nightmares are in their worst shape ever. We give it a go nevertheless.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna put my money on the blood falcons me thinks

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to play and win, but unfortunately I can't access IRC anymore and I don't know whether I am able to play, so once again the fazing fiends have to bow out of this one Sad
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

9 applications atm..

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

would love to join, but ićm outta town for 2 weeks. will join next time tho!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Buur

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

im all in...
-Buur

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

do they ever run these type of tournaments for unranked ???
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Unranked got plenty of strange tournaments already. No official tournament of this kind is needed in Unranked.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
Gonna put my money on the blood falcons me thinks

No chance.

There are many Delf teams with similar line ups to the 'Falcons. When Malthor meets those teams and gives away 5 handis he has lost already.

If he was to sack Valdrek and dump his coaches and most of his cash however, he might have a competitive team.....

Oh, and CJ - wait for me and Borgen!! We want to play too! Hopefully the UI final will be played on the 25th.