44 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
onionking

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

"Trollwood is proud to present probably the first concession victory in this XFL, with some help from the ref ;D "

Let me guess: your opponent got the ref and prompty fouled you to death. Exact same thing happened to me except I sucked it up for the old 0-6 loss. humiliation here

{laf should have realized the losing coach would hardly post his cowardice or actually remembered coaches/teams duuhhh}

Last edited by onionking on %b %30, %2006 - %01:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I was the one who got the ref and fouled,crowdpushed and blocked my opponent into oblivion. At turn 4 he had suffered about 4 cas and apo was used when ha gave up. It was the smart thing to do, he wouldn't have had a team left otherwise Wink
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I felt pity on onionking and stopped fouling after turn 6 when he had 6 guys left. OK, I also wanted the SPP for my developing players and didnt want him to concede.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:
I felt pity on onionking and stopped fouling after turn 6 when he had 6 guys left. OK, I also wanted the SPP for my developing players and didnt want him to concede.

Such a gentleman... up 100+ ts and he stops fouling on T6... I hope my round one opponent is just as nice. Shocked
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I was up 36 in TS giving away 4 handicaps!

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2006 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 1 halfway done.. i hope that more games will be played during this weekend.. and as always you can of course already play your round 2 matches if you have an eligable opponent yet

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, this XFL Dark Elves final line-up seems strangely familiar from somewhere ...

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, rumor has it the Savants game isnt finished yet. Something about a 2-2 tie at end of regulation, followed by a crash, and a failed dodge by tautology that caused the game to upload. Havent spoken to tautology or Pete, but there may be more to be played in the other semifinal.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed.

The winner of their match is undecided despite what it says in the group page.

Candlejack and I have discussed the matter and he has contacted Tautology and will talk to PeteW when he gets back from a holiday to work out a resolution.

still disliked all round!
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been decided: XFL Final - Blood Red Dragons vs. Sanguine Savants

Time: 13:00 BB Time Monday

Come see the rematch of the Ulthuan Invitational Final, which the Savants won in overtime - where the teams combined for 12 casualties. Look for some more BLOOD on Monday!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I got back from holiday and Taut and I hooked up the saved game. We played through the OT, but with 2 KOs in the Savants favour Taut couldn't do much to stop the grinding advance of the ST4 guarding darkies.

It was a good game and closely fought. And on to the final! Seems familiar.... :S

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Well, I got back from holiday and Taut and I hooked up the saved game. We played through the OT, but with 2 KOs in the Savants favour Taut couldn't do much to stop the grinding advance of the ST4 guarding darkies.

[whine]
Well actually it was 2 KOs in the first turn, and 3 by the third, then another on a failed dodge in the fifth and another on a fireball in the sixth....
More important than that was the original 16 turns which included my Strip-Ball blitzer snaking a dodge and getting BH'd on his way to a 1die strip-ball blitz on the ball carrier and a double skulls on my ST4 witch's 2 dice block on the ball carrier, which had to be rerolled resulting in a 1 on the ensuing ball recovery.

Both of those could have easily swung this game the other way.

I'm sure that PeteW must have had some bad dice in there somewhere, but I have trouble remembering them ...
[/whine]

Good luck in the final PeteW, though you may have used it all up in our game Wink
 Jump to: