63 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Does the championship scoring system work?
Yes, it's fine
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
It's flawed, but I don't know how to make it better
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
I have an idea for improvement and will post it here
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

Surre

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that it is hardly worth playing more if you have 10 victories. Wouldn't it be better to use a system more like the ranking system. I.e. you get bonus for every victory and about zero for a draw and minus for a lost game?!

The magic line at 10 games is anyway not very attractive. I do not see what the point is with the term min(10, gamesplayed). It is probably a way so that the teams that play the most wins. But if they only get points for victories and minus points for lost games one will need to play a lot and have good winning percent as well. Isn't a player that pull that off worth getting points for it as well?!
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

surre playing with the way the rankings works benefits those who play more games

the way it is at the moment means that you have to play 10 games to get a highish score but then after that you can slowly increase or decrease it by playing more games

it works on a balence to allow people who can only play a few games a month to have a chance of winning it whilst allowing those who play a lot can also have a chance
Surre

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
surre playing with the way the rankings works benefits those who play more games

the way it is at the moment means that you have to play 10 games to get a highish score but then after that you can slowly increase or decrease it by playing more games

it works on a balence to allow people who can only play a few games a month to have a chance of winning it whilst allowing those who play a lot can also have a chance

To win the championship you need a bit over 90% that month, noone have that great average normally. Thus the more you play the less chance of winning. But if you mean futher down the list it is ok to play a lot.

What I mean is that we will probably never see a winner who have played 30 games one month...
dunster

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused. I was curious and looked up the guy who won last months (July)championship. I wondered what awsome teams he had to get such a successfull record. But somehow, looking at his past matches, I can't figgure out at all how he actually got the record. Either it's a flaw, I'm just stupid or (heaven forbid)he hacked the db =D
Maybe somebody, who is interested and has some time to waste can figgure it out.

So long,
D.
 Jump to: