43 coaches online • Server time: 18:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf Challenge standings after round 2

Code:

Astral Children                 L_J                 2-0-0
Living in the Wood              Zweiblumen          2-0-0
Lost Princes                    peikko              2-0-0

Darkwood Lightnings             Linke_Wipeout       1-1-0
Loose Calolleys                 Baskhus             1-1-0
Starlight Strikers              InkRose             1-1-0
Telumendil Silver Dragons       Mirascael           1-1-0

Zoe´s Men                       Sinner              1-0-1
Aardwolfs                       Korhil              1-0-1                                                                                                                 
Blighted Isle Blitzers          robofreem           1-0-1
Chip on Our Shoulders           Mully               1-0-1
Spider-kissers                  Indûr               1-0-1
Elven Nation                    Mr-Klipp            1-0-1
Fallen Angels Redux             Maniac0301          1-0-1
Waldmeister                     Afro                1-0-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

We Bring Great Evil -Revived    Mafo                0-0-2                                                                                                                 
Sandrian Springboks             psikobunny          0-0-2
Striders from the west          DurieL              0-0-2
Tree climbers                   Winter_Silverfox    0-0-2
Who are we again                Miyuso              0-0-2

Standings will now be updated after every full round.

Last edited by peikko on %b %11, %2003 - %16:%Aug; edited 4 times in total
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe,
I think we have the first forfeit game in elven challenge!

Mafo & Peikko refused to play each other! They were both online at the same time but didn´t play because they were afraid of getting hurt. Muhahaha Very Happy

But if you ask me they are allowed a catch up time of 2 days, cause Peikko is the commish and has s lot of work with asministrating the league.
Wink

Zweiblumen

Recordopedia Spluttanica
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Zweiblumen wrote:

Mafo & Peikko refused to play each other! They were both online at the same time but didn´t play because they were afraid of getting hurt. Muhahaha Very Happy

Its typical that Im online reading the latest forums and updating some results and still dont have full hour time to play a match. Atleast the game is now played and round 2 is _finally_ played through.
Mafo

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

We tried playing earlier but the ball disappeared and we decided to wait until the next patch came out.

By the way, is it allowed to scrap the team and start with a new one if you have too many injuries?
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

was just kidding Very Happy

I think, every coach should have the opportunity to start with a new team, once, but i am not sure, if there will be problem, with the round robin system

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would thin that it would be OK to scrap a team and start a new one. With the following restrictions ; a) The new team would be the same race as the original and b) you aren't allowed to play any "make-up" games (you will always have 2 less games than your opponents).

I think this allows a coach to be able to once again field a full 11 player squad, but also penalizes him for having to scrap his original team. My 2 censt but the commish should have the final word.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be nice for all-wrecked up teams, not the ones that just has one or to mng's. The main problem is prolly the tournament system. Maybe some admin can confirm if its possible to replace team on the fly.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It more than likely isn't possible.

I had this same idea in my real life league last season, and eventually was soundly convinced that it isn't a good idea. The point of a league is that you commit to what happens. The NFL Bengals stink it up every year, but they don't "start over" when their guys get hurt, they are in for the long haul.

Yes, with a two game deficit you aren't as good as the teams who played and won, but you are better than the other teams who played, lost, got beat up, yet stayed in the league. You could easily reap the benefits of 3-4 easy games this way and be back in the hunt for the trophy, most unfairly imo.

Lastly, it may not seem like it, but part of the fun is to stick with it and see what happens. Do crazy stuff, it might work, and you will have a great story to tell. Elves are the best races to play "man-down" Bloodbowl, if you get the practice and learn some tricks.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

what??? there are tricks... damn me i never noticed Very Happy

PS: just ignore me. I´m fed up with learning.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Good post Psikobunny, I couldn't agree more!

It's more fun if you stay with the same team whatever happens, and there will certainly be lots of good (and unlikely) success stories later on.,, Wink
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Deadline for 3rd round is tommorrow still 5 games unplayed, play play play!
robofreem

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there going to be specific awards for this league, not unlike the end-of-season festivities that most professional leagues indulge in. I'm thinking Best Thrower, Most Casualities, Dirtiest Player, a Scoring title, that sort of thing, with some humourous awards along with it. Glass Jaw perhaps for most Niggled/Injured? Maybe an awards for best trash talk? WHo knows? Ideas?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

no sign of Duriel till now. I hope but i doubt that he will make it. I tried everything, but as he wasn´t on...??!!

I´ll wait

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played against Baskhus, the only trouble is that we haven't been able to report it yet, whenever the match ends his computer bugs out and we don't get the results files... Crying or Very sad

He claims that he will get a new computer early next week, that might help if we can't solve the problem before then.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

robofreem wrote:
Are there going to be specific awards for this league,

What about the "retirement castle award" for the player with the most stat drop/ nigglings in the end (death not included) only active players count.

"Mother-Theresa-Award" for the team with lowest cas count.

"Well, here goes nothing award" for most interceptions.

"Perfect-Defense-award" for least touchdowns against.

Just a first shot Very Happy

Jump to: