19 coaches online • Server time: 03:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah. Frenzy.

Z
Goblinux

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Saw orc blitzer 14spp and Breack Tackle Laughing
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

diving catch on anything
Csonti

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing Zombie and accurate Saurus... sigh...
cwebb

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I used mysecond skill for an Ogre on frenzy...
Mafo

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I played against a skaven team that had PO and tentacles on his Ratogre... Sure, they are good skills, but he didnt have block so my amazons trapped him over and over again. And PO combined with tentacles isnt so good, cause with tentacles you want him standing.
Incubus

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My worse BONEHEAD move was putting FRENZY on an ORC thrower.

It was a mistake that some kind Adminstrator God took care of correcting!

Thank you, who every you are!

I appreciate the effort.

Incubus
veron

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Saw yesterday an Kroxigor with +AG... I thought that was, erm, personal choice.
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I realy wonder how skillpicks like strip ball for a catcher ends up in this tread?

This tread is kind of fun, and to some extend usefull aswell, but if u wonna coment on other peoples skill choises with the purpos of making people laugh, plz know what ur talking about! But then again, thats just my oppinion.

My GR got strip ball first skill, just got him block after 9 games. In thise 9 games I have lost twice, one game in with he was out due to niggling, and one in with he was BH in first drive. This could just be covinsedence, but Il say this much: In every game he has bin a key player!

Note: I think most of u r to attached to block and blodge. Sure they r great, but there r so many great skills and skill comboes out there. 16 guys with blodge is not gonna win anythink vs a reasonable comboe of block, dodge, tackle, strip ball, guard, sure hands, kick, diving tackle.... I could go on and on.... I think the best coach is the one making the best us of them all.

Note 2: Feel free to make fun of my spelling Wink
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, if u want ur BOBs and sauri dodging, try break tackle, 2+ is so much more fun than 3+ Idea

But ofcorse if u wanna make multible dodges with them in the same turn it might not work for u Wink
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Note: I think most of u r to attached to block and blodge. Sure they r great, but there r so many great skills and skill comboes out there

True, but if you have a blodger you are far less likely to go down in a block. Unless the player throwing the block has got tackle, he has to roll a POW to knock you over.

In this game, if you can't knock anyone over, you are gonna make it harder to score td's.
phillier

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have +1 str +a 1g saurus...only two skills... and now he is 4+to pick up the ball which isnt all bad plus I have 5 more skill rolls to get that other +ag which would give me a 6539 runner plus other skills....its a calculated risk.
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm.. a Chaos Warrior with just +MA and +ST is just that.. 2 skill rolls only, and easier ones at that (+ST the same, ONE +MA compared to two +AG's...)

BTW the worst skill pick ever would be Mighty Blow for a Gobbo (or 'fling, Skink or other STR 2 player) since it's unusable, and took a double roll to get, too.. Yeah I know you can't take it on Fumbbl for those players, but I guess that's just to save those goofs who don't bother reading the rulebook the grief..
redniwer

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Korso wrote:
Way to go majere... that's the spirit! Laughing

If i get doubles for my treeman, dauntless would be a good idea Wink

yea plz do that Smile

and while your at it give him catch to Wink
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I have +1 str +a 1g saurus...only two skills... and now he is 4+to pick up the ball which isnt all bad plus I have 5 more skill rolls to get that other +ag which would give me a 6539 runner plus other skills....its a calculated risk.

Go ahead and waste some extreamly god skillroles if u like m8. Have u thought about how much can go wrong, before ur plan is executed? How much will ur player be worth with two or three niggling? Or ST or AG drop?

Givf him break takle, block, tackle, strip ball, in som order, and no ballhandler will ever be safe, then use ur skink to what they r god at, getting vin or around ur oponants chain and get that ball. Or block, multible block, tackle, mighty blow, or some other combo, not only usefull in some farout future.

Ofcorse thise players will suffer from aging aswell, but they will win u matches on the way, and thats what I play BB for, not to try to create som superlizardman somewere down the road.

But in the end it is ur own choise ofcorse, so just do whateven u c fit Wink
 Jump to: