38 coaches online • Server time: 14:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Claude

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave my +ag trollslayer leap, a personal choice since I liked the image it created in my head. A crazy jumping Dwarf. I since then changed my views and now think that ag teams should go for the ag skills and the strenght skills for teams for strenght. To specialice in what they are good at so thay are not mediocre at everything.
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I gave my +ag trollslayer leap, a personal choice since I liked the image it created in my head. A crazy jumping Dwarf. I since then changed my views and now think that ag teams should go for the ag skills and the strenght skills for teams for strenght. To specialice in what they are good at so thay are not mediocre at everything.

Give this guy multible block, and he can realy be a pain! Leap in for the ballhandler and a corner player of the cage, then u can use assists from outside the cage.
Leap, dauntless, multible block is one of my all time favorite comboes Very Happy even with AG 3. U still have 75% chance to get in with a team-RR, and if u can make that dauntless roll, U have a great shot at getting that sack. give him tackle and pro next.
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a great tactic, since you are bound to have quite a few Guarding dwarves to give assists on the corner.. I will have to remember it, since I have 2 +AG Troll Slayers, I bet one of them rolls a double at some point..
Lofwyr

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing my treemen will get on a double is leap!
Imagine the look on the face of your oponent when the tree jumps with grace over his players into his cage and smashes down the ballcarrier!

Thats worth the other 5 times he falls down to the ground Laughing

On fumbbl i saw once a saurus with accurate being his only skill. What a choice!
iowbloodbowl

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
Actually, I have seen a Kroxigor with Leader! What a waste of a double on a Big Guy LOL!

erm - what on earth are you talking about - big guys cant use Team RR - so leader isnt a bad choice at all (although im guessing you dislike anything that cant score in one down lol Smile ! )
iowbloodbowl

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

azathoth_13 wrote:
Before I bothered to read too closely, I gave my Ogre Hail Mary Pass on my halfling team.......Imagine the distance on those flings! If they could be used together, of course Embarassed

thats the funniest thing ive ever heard - shame u had just started otherwise it would be best story ever!
_Sayian_

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Missclicked an gave my human catcher break takle....talk about a waste of good points!
Squaq

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Allways thought that Prince Moron's dauntless was one of the worst picks ever! Who made him a star?!
jazzer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well a mummy of mine niggle son his first skill roll so i chose leap for him, the little bugger actually managed to leap once i retired him the next game, my dream is to have a +2 ag,+2 mv, leap, sprint, block, mummy what speed what grace! what bollocks
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have have a ratogre who had piling on and +MA as his first skillchoices. But that was before the changing of the WA. Sad
What a waste on a Wild Animals now...

Multiblock for a snotling would also be quite cool Very Happy Look at the face of your opponent when your Multiblocksnotling blocks down BOTH Trolls on rolling POW POW POW. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped myself a second before giving "Side Step" to a player already having "Stand Firm"... Laughing
marco

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 16:23Guest Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, not the worst for me but for the league I was in:

I had a gutter runner with +1 MV and Extra Long Legs; With 2 go for it's I could score in one turn: Is there anything better than scoring in one Turn!
kurre

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i picked multiple block as a first skill on my Hobgoblin.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

blodge may make it hard for you to fall down but this game really isn't about knocking down the other team its about getting the ball accross the goalline which means you have to find ways to get the other guys players away from the path of the ball. I.E; tackle to limit the other teams ability to move. mighty blow to stunned. players with catch to draw coverage. multiple block to push two players off the ball carry assuming the block skill and multiple block your more likey to push the two other guys than get knocked down. and with team rerolls you can do it with block most of the time without falling down and even without block you can still hope to push them. often this can allow you break free your runner or get the pass off. the number of possible uses for skills is limited by your imagination.
then again i want to give my mummy catch:)
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i just thought of this as i was reading through all of the posts. a beast from the rotters team wth break tackle and pass block. when someone throws the ball you pass block to move next to the person who would be catching it and if they still do catch it you teneacles them so they become Dinner. and Viola. a new rotter for you.
 Jump to: