59 coaches online • Server time: 21:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all who have applied and played (and are still playing!) in the GLT II Qualifiers. All 16 qualifiers have started and I am sorry, there are no more spots left. The teams still in the qualifiers are now slugging it out for a spot in the final 16 main draw to commence in a few weeks time.

128 different teams and coaches from around the world have taken part and given us some great moments (see for example the thread on GLT II RIP Lists) of laughter and disbelief at some coaching decisions.

As we move into completing the qualifiers, I want to thank all the coaches who have participated thus far. You have made it a very memorable event. Some incredible matches... some unbelievable turnarounds from what looked like hopeless or safe situations into unexpected victory or disaster. All to the cheers and boos and howls of laughter from the specs!

I want to particularly thank Mikafreak and Rijssiej for their dedication and efforts in getting the qualifiers started whilst also dealing with the daily flood of admin issues. Fantastic effort by Mika who was here to start EVERY single qualifier (4 AM, 10 AM, 4 PM and 10 PM over 4 different days). Please join me in thanking Mika.

The tournament (like any other large event) was certainly not without some hiccups but overall it has been a fantastic success so far and I hope you have had fun playing or watching and continue to do so as it moves to the main draw and the finals. The admin team will meet after the tournament to discuss what things worked well, and what things did not work so well so that we can deliver better tournaments for you.

However, overall it has been great and all those involved in helping in various ways (other admin staff who have not been named, Plorg and Prinz and AFK_Eagle for writing forum articles) also deserve a great thank you.

So now we eagerly watch the remaining qualifying matches and await the 16 team main draw. May there be a long long RIP list (but none of my players on there please heh)!

Malthor

still disliked all round!
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

/me cheers for mikafreak
Kenty

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all of you running the tourney... even you Malt.
ankkh

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you mikafreak, thank you malthor et al.
Angie

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you to all that have taken part and given me so many kills to cheer!!! Hope you all had fun. Good luck to all remaining coaches and teams in getting a place in the last 16.
Has been a fantastic 4 days although somewhat tiring.

Great thanks to Rijssiej & Malthor for their support and assistance throughout.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 03:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all involved, and especially the ever cheerful Mikafreak (and Malthor of course, and probably some other monkey types like ridge siege (or however its spelled)) for a well run and well co-ordinated tourney. I look forward to spectating the main event.

(though clearly it was rigged as i didnt qualify)

I hope all the majors run as smoothly and as professionally.

Last edited by PurpleChest on Jul 17, 2006 - 04:45; edited 1 time in total
Texan

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Great tourney. I have really enjoyed specing the matches. Very well done. Thanks Mika and to our new tourney director, Malthor.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the last 16

1- Horde of Horca (Orc) dadoz
2- Skull Crushas (Orc) Flix
3- Kraut Surfers (Dwarf) Frankenstein
4- Hifflitik's Runners (Skaven) ankkh
5- Greenskin Horde (Orc) Sandune
6- Butcher Boyz (Orc) JB
7-
8- Traitors ! Mutants ! Commies ! (Chaos) CopyCat
9-
10- Doomy Diggers (Chaos Dwarfs) Cloggy
11- Scharfe Biester (Chaos) Dominik
12-
13- Agile cats for a change (Dark Elf) Overdose
14- Night Of The Living Claws - 1 (Necromantic) kwèk
15- Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (Skaven) Bendrig
16- Haandbold Piger (Chaos) Buur

?7- Rotten Convenience (Undead) Menikmati vs Evil Hand (Orc) Pmg
?9 - Athel Loren Guardians (Wood Elf) Malthor vs Graveyard Saints (Chaos Dwarf) Nafets
?12 - Untote leben laenger (Undead) Faramir vs Ancient Horned Ones (Chaos) bloodelf
 Jump to: