83 coaches online • Server time: 22:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT2?
Horde of Horca (Orc)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Skull Crushas (Orc)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Kraut Surfers (Dwarf)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hifflitik's Runners (Skaven)
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Greenskin Horde (Orc)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Butcher Boyz (Orc)
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Evil Hand (Orc)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Traitors ! Mutants ! Commies ! (Chaos)
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Athel Loren Guardians (WoodElf)
42%
 42%  [ 54 ]
Doomy Diggers (ChaosDwarf)
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Scharfe Biester (Chaos)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Untote leben laenger (Undead)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Agile cats for a change (DarkElf)
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Night Of The Living Claws - 1 (Necro)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (Skaven)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Haandbold Piger (Chaos)
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 127

Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Athel Loren Guardians through in 12 minutes after the Surfers have their Str 4 Blitzer killed by a foul and the apothecary failed. Handicaps were nice, and Frankenstein's Dirty Player failed his niggle roll to miss the game.

Frankenstein conceded and gave both coaches the night off to pursue other hobbies/interests.

still disliked all round!
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So we have a very balanced final... Rolling Eyes
ankkh

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. I'm looking forward to it. Very Happy

-Congrats Malthor, see you on the pitch.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pre-game:

1) Last game the DP lino aged with his 3rd skill.

2) Then that dwarf misses his first niggleroll ever.

3) 5 utterly crappy handicaps rolled

4) Kick-off for Guardians

5) PI knocking down 5 dwarves

First turn:

6) 4 successful woodie blocks

7) Foul with 2 assists causes a straight RIP against the best dwarf on the pitch

8) Apoth fails

---> GAME OVER ---> TURN 1 CONCESSION

Pointless to play on against 2 trees, a wizard and such an artificially enhanced uberteam with 5 almost completely useless handicaps.

A miracle this team reached the semis anyhow. =]
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It Wasn't Me and Knuckledusters would have been great if you had stuck around.

People complain that I only play elves, and when I put them on the table against four mighty blow tackle, they concede without throwing a block! You had your chance to level the playing field and get rid of some of my artificially enhanced players, and I am glad you chose not to try Smile.

Seriously though, I have had a great run of luck in the finals. Dominik caused 7 cas, but they were 5 BH, a MNG and an apothed SI. Sandune did a MNG, a -MA on a niggler and a RIP (apothed). This game, no cas because my opponent chose to spend his time doing something different than playing a very stacked game where he could still do me a lot of damage.

Will be hard for Ankkh against my uber team. Am sure he will put up a great match though, Ankkh is one of the best coaches I know on FUMBBL. Iron Man on his AG5 one turner would just about gurantee at least overtime too.

Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Shame on coach Frankenstein. You could have killed some Elves!

The poll should have been closed right before the 1st game started.
In the last few weeks, all voted for the Guardians, which makes a poll, that includes all 16 teams, useless.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo. Dwarves conceding against wood elves on turn 1 is laughable.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.

People need to remember when playing a Malthor team that there are ALWAYS reasons to play on.

__Synn
OverDose

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:
/boo. Dwarves conceding against wood elves on turn 1 is laughable.
Agreed. Very unsportsmanlike of Frankenstein.

Congratulations Malthor!
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't go as far to say "unsportsmanlike" from Frankenstein..........

Look at some results from the last two tournies Malthor has qualified for:

FC: Won by concession against PMG
Won by concession against CircularLogic

GLT II: Won by concession against Frankenstein

/me thinks he sees a pattern here

__Synn
OverDose

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but a concede gives too much of an advantage to your opponent and thus I find it very unsportsmanlike to do it in a tournament.

Finals are a bit different, naturally. But even then it's a guaranteed /boo from me.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It was very unfair to me. I did not get to throw a single block with Deeproot and did not get to use my wizard. That was 140K down the drain!

Seriously though, a tentative time has been set for the final, and ankkh has promised he will fight on to the last rat!

BB time 2 PM on Friday 15 September. To be confirmed during the week.

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, you create a 500+TRish team with tons of cash by playing several hundreds games against non-bashy elves and a joke of an orc-team (My 11 Thugz) exclusively.

Then comes a prestiguous major and you discard all your former reservations about playing bashy teams as your win is almost guaranteed (and your artificially engineered uberteam is far stronger than all other competitors anyhow) - after all you've omitted a crucial aspect of the game almost entirely.

And now several lame elfbowl-cherrypickers have the temerity to impudently blame me of unsportsmanlike behaviour, as I don't see any need to sacrifice more time than necessary to such a hypocritical "major" event. How retarded can you get?

FUMBBL User Guide wrote:
Faction
Highly competetive division that requires a high level of activity. Not recommended for newcomers to the game or FUMBBL.
Ranked
The main competetive division and the largest one on FUMBBL. Free choice of opponents, a ranking system and regular tournaments.

This is a farce, all 8 unranked leagues I participate in are far more competitive than these 2 divisions. In a truly competitive environment, my team would never have been able to reach the semis anyhow - it was far too weak to achieve that.

Besides, each non-legend SMACK is more competitive than a FUMBBL-major too. This SMACK will hardly have been won by luck, coaching or team-building skills, godlike cherrypicking alone will have decided the outcome.

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %10, %2006 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
OverDose

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
And now several lame elfbowl-cherrypickers have the temerity to impudently blame me of unsportsmanlike behaviour, as I don't see any need to sacrifice more time than necessary to such a hypocritical "major" event. How retarded can you get?
I'm just saying... Don't bitch about the überteams, wreck them when you have the chance to do it! If you would've played it out and say, -m some of his überplayers Ankkh could've had a chance to win. Now you all but sealed the deal. I find that retarded.

Seriously, conceding a tournament match, ANY tournament match is unfair imo.

Some of us don't have the time to lurk around #fumbblsmack for hours to get to take part in a quick and competetive tournament.

I had to look at a dictionary since you used all these big words...

temerity:
unreasonable or foolhardy contempt of danger or opposition

I guess I'm a daredevil!
ankkh

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as the coach who will face Malthor's, *cough* developed team I feel that I should put forth my view on the abovementioned subject.

Malthor is a very skilled coach who I have played on several occasions, and who likes the teambuilding aspect of the game. However, with good aging rolls & skill rolls some of his teams have reached absurd levels at various points in time (see e.g. Blood Falcons & Athel Loren Guardians).

Still, with good coaching, good handicap rolls and and with the help of Nuffle I think it's very possible for a good -> excellent team to beat these teams. To Frankenstein I want to say that I understand that you opted to do something else instead of suffering two hours of a pointless game. Nevertheless, as the coach who faces 16 woodie players (including how many guards 6? 8?) + a st 6 player + a st 7 player + a st 5 WD with 10 my own 10 rats (+6 niggles) I feel that I'm (almost) robbed from even a chance of making the final in a prestigous tournament an entertaining match; due to the lack of (potential) injuries and a boost of cash on Malthor's behalf that was the result of the concession in the semis.

Well. That about that. Good luck to me in the finals, and hope to meet both Malthor and Frankenstein on the pitch some day.

-Cheers, Ankkh

p.s. As said before, may the best rat win in the finals! Twisted Evil
 Jump to: