35 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL Lizzardmen coming up

It is said, that since the dawn of the Old World the race of Lizzardmen guards the temples of the old ones,
steady to follow their command when they return. Most people consider this only a mere legend, not worth to be listened
to. But the Lizzards stay prepared, bringing up new breeds from their spawning ponds all over the year, ready to serve.
The fat and ugly Slaan get worshipped as <statthalter> of the sacred old ones. And the mighter the Slaan you serve, the
greater the honour. Many of the old an mighty Slaan only accept the strong or cunning ones as servants others want their
mino to rely mostly on speed or toughness. And most of the younger Lizzardmen look for a chance to prove their quality.
So most of the time during the year you can see young scaleskins fighting each other, trying to show their surpremacy.

Teams who want to participate can apply to the group page until the tournament starts, Friday July 28th 2006. This is a weekly tournament so please make sure you are available to play during the week, so we don't get any delays. Any [R]Lizzardman teams are eligable. Only apply if you are willing to play all rounds, so we don't get any drop outs.

Due to personal reasons i most likely won't be in chat during the week. I plan to start the tournament sometime during the afternoon next friday. So if you want to participate better don't play any games with your team at this afternoon, since i won't check for running games.

Last edited by Candlejack on %b %19, %2006 - %00:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
gken1

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2006 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

wtf??? how come my team was dropped from XFL Lizards?
Ginger_Ninja

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My Lizzie team was also expecting to be included and wasn't.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Team acceptance is on a first come, first serve basis. If there aren't enough teams to take the tournament to the next power of 2, all the teams applying after the first 8, 16, 32, whatever, are dropped.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Team acceptance is on a first come, first serve basis. If there aren't enough teams to take the tournament to the next power of 2, all the teams applying after the first 8, 16, 32, whatever, are dropped.

Funny thing. These numbers are all powers of two. Shocked Wink

Buur

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2006 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir why dont you use turnamant fillers so that all teams who wants can play?
Espcially when all team can join so that its not that much of a difference to get a bye en first round or a team wich is 0-3 game old...
-Buur

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm on a slight Hijack is there anyway of knowing when other races xfls will be held ? or is it just randomly selected and announced ?

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

How about XFL spelling bee? Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

candle don't want to announce the order. booooo to him

btw, TR 100 fresh lizzards in xlf Shocked

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess we can agree, that the XFL Lizards is a bit of a joke. Not only was two teams included with a strenght of 100/99 and 131/110 instead of teams that are actually stronger than most of the teams included.. Second only 2 out of 4 games in first round seem to be played - here of cause not the one with the shining new Lizards!!
Could it be, that the coaches with the high ranked teams are more likely to play their darlings? And could it be that the XFL - as an official tournament - could get more substance, by securing the strongest teams to be included?
I definitely support the proposal of using the "fillers" and playing a 16 team tournament with 11-13 players instead of what is happening now!!
Or another posibility could be to limit the tournament to +150 or +180 teams?

Written by the Doktor, who (you guessed it?) didn't get his team in the XFL Lizzies!!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL has been created as first come first serve.. i said this about a zillion times already.. you applied very late, so don't whine.. and once more: i will stick to the current format until this xfl cycle is done..

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile - ok, you are the master!
Very late was about a week before - but surely too late Smile...
Just please use my "whining" as some suggestions how things could be better Wink
 Jump to: