54 coaches online • Server time: 19:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
olivius

Post 12 Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i 'd like to propose something.
stalling is becoming really ridiculous and i see some people stalling just to make a draw!
i think public in bloodbowl stadiums like touchdowns and runs, public can invade the field during the game if the play is boring, i think it s realistic
my idea is a roll after the fourth turn when the team has the ball and keep it
on the fifth turn on 6 public invasion against the team that have the ball
on the 6th turn 5 or 6 public invasion
etc etc
some coach would say strong teams nedd to stall, i dont do it and my stats are not too bad. but i would preder play instead of waiting 8 turns when the dices are not good at the beginning of a run.
what do you think of that
MadTias

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL runs on LRB.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

an interesting houserule though, ive heard of similar measures in some leagues!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If stalling upsets the fans, then perhaps there is an argument for an effect on the FF roll.

Other than that, it's part of the game, and I am sure fans prefer stall and win for there team, then score and lose.

Don't forget, teams do stall in real sports too!
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Live with it.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling doesn't upset the fans: Stalling means more fouling, which in turn means more BLOOD. That's what the fans came to see, so in fact I propose a different rule to show the fans' appreciation: For every turn that a team can score, but doesn't, it gains 2d6+x fan factor, where x is the number of proposed rulechanges on fumbbl Wink

Last edited by Optihut on %b %05, %2006 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
olivius

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i know it duke but i play bloodbowl as a fun game . and the public of a team that is slaughtered can react to save his players
olivius

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i m sure that there is less blood during stall turn cos there are less players on field, if the td is scored before you have 22 players fighting, i think stats would prove tht and you know i ve no problem with fouls i like it
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

well oblivios first orc´s do NOT need to stall - they does it all by themselves by taking so many turns to get to the td-zone. Stalling is also boulding a cage u know and moving it as "fast" as bobs go Smile

Do not see any reason ever to change one of the tactically objects off the game - stalling is impossible if the opponent has just half a team on the field and ACTUALLY tries to get the ball.

Personally I stall IF the opponent uses all his men to try and beat my men up - why should i award this kind of behavior by scoring so they have all the time in the world to score ? They do not seem that interested in getting the ball at the moment Smile

As long as you send all you have after the ball at all times - then noone would have the option to stall (or yes they do but that would just cause them to lose the ball at some point)

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

But the fans love stalling!

As an alternative houserule, I propose a pitch invasion (old PI rules) when a team doesn't take advantage of a stalling opportunity.
j0de

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

stalling for the win!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, perhaps if there is a stall, there could be a Streaker roll!

On a 12, a Streaker runs on the pitch leaving all players a chance to become (1) Bone head Razz
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course as stated before;

It takes 2 people to stall, one to stall and the other in a bad tactical position to allow the stall to happen!
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The fans love stalling, but they also love the team being stalled against RIPfouling the stalling teams star player, and then doing it again next turn til the staller takes the hint....

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

olivius wrote:
some coach would say strong teams nedd to stall, i dont do it and my stats are not too bad.

Er, you run Chaos Dwarves. That is a far greater offence against society in general than a little stalling. Razz

Let me make a counter-proposal: for every turn in which there are Chaos Dwarf players on the pitch, the opposition fans invade and injure one of them. Once that's implemented, we can talk about the stalling thing …

Jump to: