15 coaches online • Server time: 05:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What region in the world has the best Bloodbowl players?
South and Central America
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
North America
15%
 15%  [ 21 ]
Europe
74%
 74%  [ 103 ]
Asia
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Africa
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Oceania and rest of the world
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 139

Cortelll

Post 15 Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
I'm thinking of organizing a tournament in which there will be teams from different countries that represent their country in the Bloodbowl World Cup.

I only have an limited amount of HTML experience, so I might also need somebody else to help me out, or maybe run the tournament themselves but here is the general idea.
There will be six geographical regions:

South and Central America
North America
Europe
Asia
Africa

There will be a maximum of 3 teams from each country and a maximum of 24 teams in each region (therefore a minimun of 8 countries will be represented and a maximun of 24, but unlikely).

Only New [U] teams will be able to play.

The teams that you are allowed to play with are:
Amazon
Chaos
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Elf
Goblin
Halfing
High Elves
Human
Khemri
Lizarman
Necromantic
Norse
Nurgle's Rotters
Orc
Ogre
Skaven
Undead
Vampires
Wood Elf

PM me if you are interested in the idea.

The set up will be 4 groups of 6 in each region, which would be a random draw, one month to complete your 5 games.
Winners from each group will then have qualified to the Bloodbowl Wold Cup (6 regions, 4 from each = 24 teams)

Those 24 teams will then play a KO tournament (1 month to complete also). Winner team will be crowned the champion!!

I will be representing the United States.
So that means there are 23 teams left in North America (2 more possible from the United States)

You can PM me or post in the threat.

Hope to hear from from all the countries soon!!

P.S. Any ideas or suggestions will be welcome, also if you want to help or take over the group, or if there is a group like that somewhere let me know!!

Twisted Evil
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i ran somthing like this before, and my advice to you is to make sure that timezones arent going to be an issue, as it really threw a spanner in the works of the last one i ran (it was the european cup!)
G_Force

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like a bit of a logistical nightmare but don't let me stop you from trying it and GL to those who do. I will gladly represent England in the cup if it runs.
Just one thing i did notice, if you are looking to have a straight KO finals then you need 16 or 32 teams at the begining.

Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to play for the Netherlands.
Whitesun

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering, if you have 4 groups of 6 in each region, and a max of 3 teams per country, NA only has USA and Canada, so the max you are seeing is one group... I think you may need to relax the 3 teams per country rule in certain regions... you might consider state instead... 2 cents worth Smile
Cortelll

Post 15 Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

All the ideas are very good guys,

Here are the potential solutions.

Brownrob:
I know you are always one of the most active coaches in Blood bowl your input is always very good, and I am sure it is going to be a logistical time nightmare after the qualifiers are done with, so we are going to have to cut the teams that qualified from 24 to 16, for two reasons. Number 1, to have a perfect KO rounds, I didn't even think about the logistics for that!! So that will eliminate the number of games that you have to lay outside for region. That should help out a little big.

G_force:
You are 100% right!!! The way to fix that is very simple.
We will have still 24 teams, but we will have 16 teams qualify from the following continents:

South America: 2 teams
North and Central America: 3 teams
Africa: 2 teams
Europe: 4 teams
Asia: 2 teams
Oceania: 3 teams

That will give you 16 teams... however if other continents do not have a big representation, then we can let other regions have more teams qualify from that region.

Whitesun:
I see your problem, and I think I know a solution.
First of all I have changed the Region North America, to North and Central America.
Second, the maximum number of teams is 3 from each country still...however more countries from the same time will be allowed to play if there is a need to have filler teams in the tournament. I think that is an easy solution

So far I got the following commitment in just 2 hours!!
Name of player:country(region,number of teams left in the region, number of teams left from that country)
NekaFuksa: Servia (Europe, 23,2)
G_force: England (Europe, 22,2)
Rijssiej: Netherlands (Europe, 21, 2)
Cortelll: United States (North and Central America, 23, 2)

Here are the way each qualifier will work in each region:

North and Central America:
3 qualifiers 8 teams each. 24 teams total

South America:
2 qualifiers 8 teams each 16 teams total

Africa:
2 qualifiers 8 teams each. 16 teams total

Europe:
3 qualifiers 8 teams each, (most points out of all 3 groups qualifies) 24 teams total

Asia

That is what to have so far, please let me more input!!
If I can commit a minimum of 6 coaches from each region or at least 5 regions 30 teams total will be worth doing!!

The minimum amount of games you will have to play is 7 in a month, which is a game every 4 days!! and if you go all the way only 4 more games in a month, which is a game every 7 days!!
Not that much commitment but fun enough for everybody!!

Hope to hear more responses soon!!
Thanks,

Vamps Group
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cortelll wrote:
Africa:
2 qualifiers 8 teams each. 16 teams total,

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing
OzzyOrc

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps there should be qualifiers for each region so that different coaches can compete to see who represents their region.
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OzzyOrc,
What do you exactly mean?
Thanks,

Vamps Group
NekaFuksa

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

well the only thing left is to make a good comertial! It would be good if someone have some good pictyres(logo) or something that would luck qool Very Happy [/quote]
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nekafuksa,
That is a great Idea I will work on that as soon as I get home. I do not know much about HTML, but just enough to be able to do a few good things with the web page.
Of course any help will be appreciated!!

Vamps Group
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
sounds like a bit of a logistical nightmare but don't let me stop you from trying it and GL to those who do. I will gladly represent England in the cup if it runs.
Just one thing i did notice, if you are looking to have a straight KO finals then you need 16 or 32 teams at the begining.

/me wants to represent England too!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
G_Force wrote:

/me wants to represent England too!

no noobs allowed pete! Laughing Wink
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'd love to represent the US. However, you've got a huge problem. There aren't 16 active, good players on Fumbbl from Africa (okay, I'm not certain, but I bet you'll be really hard-pressed to find them), and you'll also have trouble finding South Americans, and to a smaller extent, Asians. So you need bigger groups. I'd reccomend 3: The Americas, Europe and Africa, Austraulasia and Oceania. You're also going to want to weight the number of entries from each nation. I guarentee there are far more fumbblers from the US or England than there are from Nicaragua or Moldovia. So first you need to choose the nations, then split them into groups, then decide how many spots each gets, then recruit. Wink

Don't tread on me! /me waves flag
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker wrote:
Well, I'd love to represent the US. However, you've got a huge problem. There aren't 16 active, good players on Fumbbl from Africa (okay, I'm not certain, but I bet you'll be really hard-pressed to find them), and you'll also have trouble finding South Americans, and to a smaller extent, Asians. So you need bigger groups. I'd reccomend 3: The Americas, Europe and Africa, Austraulasia and Oceania. You're also going to want to weight the number of entries from each nation. I guarentee there are far more fumbblers from the US or England than there are from Nicaragua or Moldovia. So first you need to choose the nations, then split them into groups, then decide how many spots each gets, then recruit. Wink

Don't tread on me! /me waves flag

Going by real World Cup rules you don't need to be born in a country or live in it to represent it.

You can represent a country that a parent or grand parent was born in. That would give a bit more of an international feel.

I would represent Ghana.

(I'm not claiming to be good though Very Happy )

Jump to: