54 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pehlkonikow

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2006 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,
I wonder if anybody's still into MtG here and has any experience with selling cards?

I recently came across my old cards and looking into up-to-date price lists, i realized they still might be worth something. I got 20 double lands of third edition, a whole bunch of 4. edition rares, ice age and fallen empire cards, german and english. not to mention the tons of comon cards.
Now I'm thinking about the best way of selling them. Is it advisable to put them on ebay alltogether? would you sell each card separately? is there any (german) site on the net other than ebay i don't know?
any tips appreciated, thx in advance.

p.s.: I really need the money ;-]

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2006 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

you´re from Germany, right? You might take a look at www.cardboard.de. It´s primarily a forum for US-Sports tradingcards, but some people offer their magic cards there as well.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2006 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i play mtg, and id say the best thing if your trying to sell them on ebay is split them into groups of like 2 rares 3 uncommons and 5 commons so 10 at a time( or multiples of these numbers) and sell those groups. as they are larger groups you can get rid of lots of stuff and charge slightly more, but they will still sell as people will want the rare ones. also because yours are older editions (this summer will be the tenth edition release) they should sell well anyway to collectors and to players. also your ice age ones will go well as one of the latest releases was coldsnap, which uses similar ideas, so people who use coldsnap will be interested in expanding thier deck in a more unique way via ice age.

also try to aviod selling them in too big groups otherwise people wont want to buy too much crap for one rare in the set they want. also pay attention to condition, if you label them as played and so price reduced, players will get them cos they are just going to use them as well, so mint isnt needed, and so they go for the bargain. and if they are mint label that too so the collectors will know what they are getting will most likely be worth more in the future as mint cards from old editions get harder and harder to find as more people play them.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man. That is such a great idea.

I need money and I have a heap of legends and beta cards lying around. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gebannus wrote:
Oh man. That is such a great idea.

I need money and I have a heap of legends and beta cards lying around. Very Happy

You have legends and beta stuff lying around?
You wanna marry me??? Embarassed

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i've got a few alpha as well, but they aren't particularly exciting cards

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2007 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I advise against selling the common cards: They won't fetch money and you can still keep them and build a decent deck with common cards for a game with friends.
keybounce

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2007 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ice age is worth money?

I've got 4 sealed boxes that I haven't touched of it... sounds like I should sell them by the unopened booster pack.

(This is the small expansion that came out after Legends, right?)
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2007 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well all magic cards are worth money (I keep telling the wife they're an investment anyway Wink ) but I doubt that Ice Age cards are worth that much. Coldsnap hasn't actually generated much re-interest in Ice Age as far as I know. IA wasn't a particular powerful set (certainly by todays standards) and its cards are only playable in Vintage formats but there aren't any cards in IA that are competitive in that format that I can think of (Jester Cap was probably the most sought after but has been reprinted and isn't seeing any play).
Short of Dark Rituals/Swords to Plowshares etc which have some wider appeal, your cards are likely to only attract interest from the casual players and a few collectors. Limited market = limited value. Sorry.

Sealed boxes is cool though - I'd keep them for another 10 years and they might be so hard to come by then that their rarity will get you a few extra bucks! Smile
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2007 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ive got a couple of shoe boxes full of magic cards from when i used to play still. i totaled them up recently and the rares alone are worth a good few hundred quid. they're mostly urzas saga onwards and nothing really that special (just a lot of them). i did think about selling them but id only spend the money on myself if i did so i decided to hold onto them for a while and see if they increase in value and sell them later for some money for my kids.
id be interested to know if this is generaly a good idea or if im not likely to increase their value much.
i know that some cards are better to sell while the ranges are still out and people are still playing a lot of tourney games with them but its too late for that now. am i best to just hold onto them or are they likely to decrease in value dramaticaly?

i used to love playing and spent a lot of time doing it. i was never very good and it was only casual play but i did aquire some reasonably powerfull cards.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a lot of very early editions (revised, legends, dark, antiquities, the dark etc)

Keen to sell. If anyone is interseted PM me and ill try put together a list.
Beaky

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I've promised my gaming buddy that i'd play his daft card game this year.

Can shuffling and tapping cards be fun?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2007 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Beaky wrote:
I've promised my gaming buddy that i'd play his daft card game this year.

Can shuffling and tapping cards be fun?

If your the kind of person who enjoys moving little imaginery elfss/dwarfs/orcs lizards etc around on a computer screen/tabletop and pretending their playing american football then you may also be the kind of guy who likes shuffling and tapping cards Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, the memories. The old cards and crazy combinations. One particular game that sticks in my mind...

Five people playing. Third turn, someone does the Channel-Fireball combination. Three others used Fork, and everyone is dead. Ah, the memories.

Damn you all for your nostalgia inducing words!
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

blizzt95 wrote:
Ah, the memories. The old cards and crazy combinations. One particular game that sticks in my mind...

Five people playing. Third turn, someone does the Channel-Fireball combination. Three others used Fork, and everyone is dead. Ah, the memories.

Damn you all for your nostalgia inducing words!

i prefered the very long winded and almost impossible to pull off combination that allowed you to gain infinate life, infinate mana, deal infinate damage to an infinate number of targets and look infinately smug the 1 time it actually worked as opposed to you just getting reemed long before pulling the nessesery cards. Smile