24 coaches online • Server time: 03:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the idea?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
I don´t care. My soft faction team gets enough games
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 35

JackDaniels

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i started playing my faction chaos almost 2 years ago now. i took a few month timeout on fumbbl (at least i played too less for faction) so my team got inactive and for a a 250 tr chaos team it seemed to be impossiblie to leave FQ ever again until the new rules were made. so i tried to get 4 games and finally get promoted again. leaving f3 and f2 was even harder. people get more attached to their teams at higher tr and my chaos isn´t the most friendliest one. but i really managed to get to f1 where i even got a bronze medal with just 3 wins ( out of 3 games Smile ). now i am back to f2 because i lost the only match i got last round.

and here comes my idea: I like the idea how people get promoted in FQ. of course you can´t do it like that in f1-f3. but wouldn´t it be possible to mix it? instead of promoting 6 teams in f2 and 12 in f3 i would like to see only 5 teams in f2 promoted with the current system plus the team with highest tr and at least one game and that isn´t promoted anyway. in f3 the numbers would be 10 normal plus 2.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Faction? You mean to say that still exists?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I like how is the faction atm, perhaps should need 2 or 3 forceful matches to give every coach the chance to play at least that 2 or 3 matches. In the score tip, i see that my team is losing matchs and is getting promoted every round. I think the score needs to be revised and give points for wins and ties and no points for losing. Also 1 point for td and cs difference would be fine.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Luisja wrote:
I think the score needs to be revised and give points for wins and ties and no points for losing. Also 1 point for td and cs difference would be fine.

If you equate the points for a cas to count as much as a TD,
then the next Faction winner could very well be Khemri with a losing record.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah - it's a shame. I'm pretty new to [F], and it’s enjoyable, but I’m looking at it from the squishy Elf perspective!

My High Elves have gotten to F1 by taking on all challengers - and still do - but they will never be competitive if there are other low av teams that only play amongst themselves. Rather than play Elfball every game, I'd just ditch [F] if that became the case over a few rounds, as it becomes a pointless excersise playing Elfball in order to break the Elfball monopoly. I have heard that the new 'S' rules mean that the racial diversity up in F1 is greater, which is cool, but it's almost pointless if your case isn't isolated, JD.

If you are going to be active in a round, play the 'S' teams that are lfg at the same time as you, they are only pixels! It creates a level playing field - and we can all get on. If you take a kicking, F2 downwards is good to recover in.

Nice to see Rotters atop F1 for now anyway, I'll bet that doesn't happen too often! Razz
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy teams still have a harder time getting games then the squishy teams, its true, but generally its very doable to get games. Last round though, F1 was exceptionally quiet it seemed
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Luisja wrote:
I like how is the faction atm, perhaps should need 2 or 3 forceful matches to give every coach the chance to play at least that 2 or 3 matches. In the score tip, i see that my team is losing matchs and is getting promoted every round. I think the score needs to be revised and give points for wins and ties and no points for losing. Also 1 point for td and cs difference would be fine.

No points for lost matches? How would stunties have a chance to stay in the higher factions then?

BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple solution... don't make your bashy teams to bashy! Faction isn't smack you know?
For example an orc team with 6 MB tacklers and 2 dp is going to have a tough time getting games. There are plenty of other useful skills that will help you score and prevent TDs.

If you really struggle getting games then why not chose a different race?

Lizardmen rule KO!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, another complaint by a 300 TR bashy coach loaded with str4+,dirty player, mighty blow, claws, etc etc that whines he cant get games.

How original.

Perhaps if you played other teams that could hurt you, you might suffer more than 1.5 cas a game against you and have to replace players more often, keeping your TR reasonable and more attractive to a wider variety of opponents.

Or, just go back to whining and asking for automatic promotion for the biggest picker, with the highest TR built up.

Up to you.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Perhaps if you played other teams that could hurt you, you might suffer more than 1.5 cas a game against you and have to replace players more often, keeping your TR reasonable and more attractive to a wider variety of opponents.

From a quick look at JD's teams' matches, I'm not sure that this applies to him (I would imagine that with that team, he accepts any offer he can get, because they won't be many!), but that quote should be pretty much how everyone approaches [F]action. Gives us all a chance then - rather than picker bashy sides or TR300 Elfball teams ruling the thing.
 Jump to: