26 coaches online • Server time: 01:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Throughout: Humans, Vampires, unproven

<b>The Living</b>
Fama
Gatts
GrinningD
Jeppan
RandomOracle

<b>The Dead</b>
bobfeup
Fenrirsfollower
Furious_George
JockMcRowdy
Lemmy
Markusen
PeteW
Plorg
spelledaren
vanGorn
WiNG

<b>The Votes</b>
Fama Arrow .... | .... | Jepp | Furi | Mark | Jepp
Gatt Arrow bobf | Lemm | bobf | Furi | Mark | ...
Grin Arrow Plor | Lemm | bobf | Furi | Mark | vanG
Jepp Arrow .... | Lemm | vanG | Fama | Mark | vanG
Rand Arrow .... | Grin | Grin | Furi | Mark | vanG

bobf Arrow Jock | Jepp | ....
Fenr Arrow Plor
Furi Arrow .... | Jepp | vanG | vanG
Jock Arrow bobf | Lemm | bobf | Furi | Mark
Lemm Arrow Plor | Jepp
Mark Arrow .... | Jepp | .... | Fama | vanG
Pete Arrow Fenr
Plor Arrow Fenr | Lemm | Jepp | Furi
spel Arrow Fenr | Lemm
vanG Arrow Jepp | Lemm | .... | .... | Mark | Jepp
WiNG Arrow Fenr | Lemm | Fama

[NB - I will only list <i>final</i> votes here. If you want to keep track of how players have switched their votes during a day, a player will have to record it.]

<b>The Story So Far …</b>
Day 1: Fenrirsfollower was burned at the stake.
Night 1: PeteW was drained by vampires.
Day 2: Lemmy was burned at the stake.
Night 2: spelledaren was drained by vampires.
Day 3: bobfeup was burned at the stake.
Night 3: WiNG was drained by a vampire.
Day 4: Furious_George was burned at the stake.
Night 4: Plorg was drained by a vampire.
Day 5: Markusen was burned at the stake.
Night 5: JockMcRowdy was drained by a vampire.
Day 6: vanGorn was burned at the stake.
Innocents win.

<b>The Roles</b>

<i>The Forces of Evil</i>

2 Vampires
2 Thralls

<i>The Innocents</i>

1 Seer
1 Healer
1 Slayer
1 Watcher
8 Villagers

Last edited by SchwipSchwap on %b %17, %2006 - %23:%Oct; edited 14 times in total
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>The Rules</b>

An evil pair of Vampires seek to drain the blood of every honest man in the village! Only clear thought and discipline can possibly save the villagers from this terrible fate! What is worse, the Vampires have two loyal human followers (indistinguishable from normal villagers!) who will help them with their diabolical goals!

Each day, all the players get to discuss who should be burned at the stake that day at sunset [1900 bb time]. When a player wants to vote, he should type '<b>Vote <player></b> in bold type in his post. A player may subsequently change his vote. To do this, he should type '<b>Unvote <previous vote> - Vote <new vote></b> in a new post.

The player with the highest number of votes will be burned at the appointed time. In the event that the votes are tied between two or more different players, no player will be burned that day. Abstentions or no votes will be ignored entirely in the count.

Posts with votes in must not be edited! If they are, that player is allowed no vote that day or the next day. (If you want to edit your post for errors, either do so very quickly (because if you are quick enough, the 'Edited 1 time …' message will not appear), or (better) use separate posts for your votes and your argumentation.)

<b>The Forces of Evil</b>

The Forces of Evil win if all the <i>Innocents</i> are dead.

<i>The Vampires</i>

1. The Vampires start with the information that one another are also Vampires, and also know who their Thralls are.

2. They are allowed to discuss the game outside the main thread with each other, and with their Thralls, but not with any other player(s). However, they are only allowed to do this at <i>night</i>, where night is defined as the time between the burning and the Vampires' feeding time (1900 to 2300). In the case of site PMs between Vampires (and Thralls), these may be <i>read</i> at any time, but only <i>sent</i> in this night-time window.

3. Each night (at midnight [2300 bb time]) blood lust overcomes the Vampires and they <i>must</i> feed on one of the non-Vampire players. Before midnight, the Vampires should agree on a target and PM me with the information. If I get conflicting messages, or no messages, from the Vampires, then they will instead eat one of their own Thralls at random! (If all Thralls are dead, the Vampires will attack a random human. Note that the Vampires may also <i>choose</i> to attack a Thrall if for some reason they really want to.)

4. A myth about vampires is that they cannot tolerate sunlight. These ones (at least) can!

<i>The Thralls</i>

The Thralls are evil humans who serve the Vampires in exchange for the promise that they will be made into Vampires themselves one day.

1. The Thralls start with the information that one another are also Thralls, and also know who the Vampires are.

2. They are allowed to discuss the game outside the main thread with each other, and with the Vampires, but not with any other player(s). However, they are only allowed to do this at <i>night</i>, where night is defined as the time between the burning and the Vampires' feeding time (1900 to 2300). In the case of site PMs between Vampires (and Thralls), these may be <i>read</i> at any time, but only <i>sent</i> in this night-time window.

3. Thralls may <i>not</i> PM me with targets to be eaten by the Vampires - only PMs from Vampires will be accepted.

4. In all other respects (except their victory conditions), the Thralls are just like villagers. Note that this means that (if scanned by the Seer) they show up as humans, and that (if killed) they show up as human.

<i>Converting a Thrall into a Vampire</i>

If there is only one Vampire remaining, but at least <b>two</b> Thralls, the Vampire may kill one Thrall in order to turn another into a Vampire (ie, the Vampire drains the blood of Thrall A, then feeds A the blood of Thrall B, making A a Vampire but killing B in the process). This takes place instead of the usual night-time Vampire attack, and the villagers will get some fluff info to inform them that a new Vampire has been created (but not, of course, who it was), as well as learning of the death.

<b>The Innocents</b>

The Innocents win if all the <i>Vampires</i> are dead. (They need not kill the Thralls.)

<i>The Villagers</i>

1. The villagers have no special powers. They may only discuss the game in the main thread.

<i>The Seer</i>

The Seer is a fortune-teller who can use his arts to discern the identity of others.

1. Each night, the Seer may request (from me by PM) to know the identity of one other player (he will learn if his target is a vampire or a human). In all other respects, the Seer is just like a villager. Note that Thralls read as humans when scried by the Seer.

<i>The Healer</i>

The Healer is blessed with mystical powers, which can save someone mortally wounded by Vampires from death. However, the Healer needs to keep close to whoever he wants to protect, as he must act quickly to have any chance of saving them!

1. Each night, the Healer may PM me to nominate one other player who he wants to protect from the Vampires. If the Vampires attack that player, he will survive. If the Healer does not nominate a target before midnight, he is assumed not to be protecting anyone.

2. If a Vampire attack is thwarted by the Healer, the identity of the player who was attacked will be revealed in the main thread, as he is found badly wounded but alive by the other players in the morning. However, the victim will not have learned the identity of the Healer, or any of the Vampires, nor will the Healer have learned who the Vampires are, or the Vampires the Healer.

3. The Healer may <i>not</i> protect himself.

4. In all other respects, the Healer is just like a villager.

<i>The Slayer</i> (with thanks to Plorg, and Buffy)

The Slayer is a legendary warrior, blessed with supernatural strength and speed, and on a mission to fight Vampires. Should the Slayer die, it is possible that his spirit would pass to another villager …

1. Each night the Slayer may nominate a target who they suspect is a Vampire. If the Slayer is attacked by the Vampires, and the nominated target <i>is</i> a Vampire, then that Vampire will be killed (along with the Slayer, unless he was saved by the Healer).

2. If the Slayer is dead, each night, after all other events have taken place, a random player will be selected from the original list. If the player chosen is a <i>living villager</i> then that player becomes the Slayer. If not, then another roll will be made the next night.

<i>The Watcher</i>

The Watcher is an expert on the supernatural, and can deduce from a corpse any unusual powers a person may have had, or any paranormal influences he may have been under.

1. Whenever a player dies (with the exception of Vampires - when a Vampire dies, everyone learns what it was), the Watcher will receive a PM telling him what that player's role was. Note that this means that unlike the Seer, the Watcher <i>can</i> recognise Thralls (but only once they are dead).

<b>The Dead</b>

This section covers every player who has left the game due to being burnt at the stake or killed by Vampires or killed by the Slayer, whatever their role was while they were alive.

1. When a player dies, it is revealed whether they were a Vampire or a human. All non-Vampire roles (including Thralls) come up as human.

2. Once killed, a player should not discuss theories about the game with any live players in any forum thread or in IRC. They are allowed to make 'Yay!' and 'I hope we win'-type comments, but not much more than that. The dead are allowed to discuss the game privately with one another, however.

3. Each day at dawn the ghosts of the dead may send a single message to the living (Deadline for sending messages: 0800 bb time). This message is formed as follows: each dead player may send me a PM listing <i>one single word</i> which they would like to be part of that message. (I may rule out some words, the most obvious example being the names of players.) I will then put these words into a random order, and post them in the main thread as the 'ghostly message of the day'.

<i>An example: There are five ghosts, who all think that Mezir is a Vampire. They decide to each give me a word starting with one of the letters in his name. Randomly arranged by me, this might come out in the thread as: 'Zap My Evil Iridescent Rosebush!' Whether the living players take the hint or not, is up to them.</i>

Note that dead Vampires and Thralls are just as eligible to send ghost PMs as anyone else, so living Innocents should be aware of the possibility of 'noise' on the message.

Banned words include: all names of players (although words which <i>sound</i> like a player's name are acceptable); all bad language; all non-English words whose meaning is not familiar to me already.

(Note: If you want a clarification of the rules once the game is underway and roles have been assigned, <i>PM me</i> to ask it (don't post!). I will then post the clarification. It has been pointed out that in past games at least one player may have helped give themselves away by posting a rules clarification query openly.)

Last edited by SchwipSchwap on %b %18, %2006 - %08:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>The residents of the beautiful small town of Tenthburg would never believe that vampires lived among them. Something so dark and sinister could not taint the story book beauty of their quaint little town. Yet, there were constant rumours going around...</i>

The first voting will take place on monday, 1900 bb time.
You may start posting now and start voting from sunday 2300 bb time on.
The evil team may start discuss their strategy until sunday 2300 bb when the voting will start. After that they may only communicate between 1900 bb time and 2300 bb time (as stated in the rules).

Good luck all! Enjoy the game!
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tenthburg eh? No Mayor BrownRob to be seen, and Furious_George grooving down the highstreet to the chic sounds of Isle-Of-Wight trio, The Bee Gees classic hit, 'Stayin' Alive'.
Its been a good day so far, who'd wanna go ruin something like that Smile

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Here I thought I was going to Ten-Town when I ended up in this hole called Tenthburg. Never seen such a squalid mess of houses and farmers. Ah well, it'll be some time before I can catch another ride out of here so I might as well get settled.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The sprawling metropolis of tenthburg, jewel among cities, the dancing, the women, the drinking and the gambling, i bet im going to have a blast here. Except my old warwound aches, and that usually means that we'll either have bad weather or that the forces of evil will appear again, let's hope for bad weather, no?

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

*Jeppan scribbles in his diary*

"This is my story. They brought me here in spite of all. It all began when they took me from my home and put me in Tenthburg. A crime for which I am totally innocent, you know. All things were either good or ungood. God is never far away! That filthy five! They did nothing to challenge or resist. My head is shaved and like a moth that tries to enter the bright eye I go shuffling out of life just to hide in death awhile. Anyway there was no proof and in a way I'm hoping to be done with all these looks of disbelief and I'm not afraid to die. I told the truth but I'm afraid I told a lie."
PeteW

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW cavorts and careers into Tenthburg, making inane comments and being generally bizarre to all and sundry. "Rock on!" he cries and is greeted with bemusement. PeteW thinks he can smell vampires, but that might just be the tatters of his clothes that still cling to his body after he barely escaped from Nine York City alive. Will this city prove to be the final unravelling of PeteW's sanity? Only time will tell....

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeppan wrote:

"This is my story. They brought me here in spite of all. It all began when they took me from my home and put me in Tenthburg. A crime for which I am totally innocent, you know. All things were either good or ungood. God is never far away! That filthy five! They did nothing to challenge or resist. My head is shaved and like a moth that tries to enter the bright eye I go shuffling out of life just to hide in death awhile. Anyway there was no proof and in a way I'm hoping to be done with all these looks of disbelief and I'm not afraid to die. I told the truth but I'm afraid I told a lie."

Yeah, okay - so I'm not as mad as this guy!!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Jeppan wrote:

It's just the lyrics (more or less) from The Mercy Seat, by Nick Cave.

Or another link with full lyrics.

Last edited by pac on %b %16, %2006 - %23:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
PeteW wrote:
Jeppan wrote:

It's just the lyrics (more or less) from The Mercy Seat, by Nick Cave.

Wink

I wondered how long before someone noticed and to be honest I listened to the J.R. Cash version

EDIT: Now my plan to only talk through Johnny Cash songs is spoiled... need a new gimick
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeppan wrote:
I wondered how long before someone noticed and to be honest I listened to the J.R. Cash version

I've heard that cover too. The arrangement on the Cave original is entirely different - definitely a recommended listen.

And if you enjoy songs of doom, despair and Christian imagery in general, Nick Cave is definitely the artist for you. Smile
Fenrirsfollower

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wandering into town looking indifferent and careless.

"this place would suit me fine for a cupple of days"..

Greetings to everyone.

To Be Norse!

Undead you say.. hmm well better skeletons then orcs.. faster to break bones-
WiNG

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

WiNG says hi
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2006 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

*Jeppan walks in and sees his evil twin get dragged away*

Good riddance I say!

*Jeppan opened his case, took out some crayons and scribbled on the black board he had put up on the street corner*

18 JULY

In the courtyard of the temple
The people founded the 5th regiment
Take Fama for a walk
Take Fama for a walk

With their 4 battalions
tenthburg they are defending
They are the best of Fumbbl
The reddest flower of the people

*Jeppan sings the gospel to everyone that goes by*

(OOC: this time I will only communicate through singing)

EDIT: credit to the one who can decipher from where I stolen the lyrics (parts of it anyway)
 Jump to: