43 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HolyG

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2006 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

New 'Fumbbl Themed' Pitches..painstakingly put together using Paint / or gimp.... to finally get there...

Give em a try.. On Download Page

Ta Folks.
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2006 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm...you have problems with quality. It appears you're working with low-resolution components which you then upscaling - this is exactly the inverse of how you should do it. Use high-resolution components and downscale them as needed. I was caught out this way with the Large Field option appearing on JBB 8.6, but managed to get away with it using high-quality upscaling (bicubic, I think) and unsharp-masking to give a higher perceived resolution, to produce my Large Fields pitch set.

In future, I'm going to work in very high res, and save all the separate elements on layers in Photoshop (GIMP does this too), archived in PSD format. I'll export as a downscaled GIFs or JPEGs (to the three resolutions supported in JBB) to produce the final image. This way, I can go back and replace or modify elements of the original without compromising quality of subsequent versions. I wish I'd done this for my current pitches.

Last edited by Colin on %b %27, %2006 - %13:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2006 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
...In future, I'm going to work in very high res, and save all the separate elements on layers in Photoshop (GIMP does this too), archived in PSD format. I'll export as a downscaled GIFs or JPEGs (to the three resolutions supported in JBB) to produce the final image...

Just for the record, that is exactly how it should be done whenever possible.

Now if only my clients could understand this stuff as well as Colin... *sigh*

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm , any chance of a preview of the pitchs , Iam at work and likely will of forgotten about trying out a new pitch by the time i get to a computer that can download and view them :0 , unless I like em .