39 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2014 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Iron Man has been broken!

In what became the his final game, against Gladius Argentum's arch rival, the Prague Impalers, Super Star GA Lineman, Riodan Celedor was executing one of his notorious leaping blitzes on the Impaler's ball carrier, Boris Krieg, but misjudged the footing needed to cover the extra distance after the landing. Falling awkwardly, the sickening crunch of breaking bones could be heard above the roar of the crowd. It was quickly apparent that this was no simple break, and in fact the epic GA lineman's entire collarbone was smashed. The apothecary looked on with dismay, noting that his bag of medicinal herbs was empty having just recently resuscitated GA Super Star Blitzer Elendar Cuthalion, killed by a vicious block from the Impaler's muscle-bound thrower Drew Flees. As the home crowd filed out of the stadium after the game, their faces a mix of emotions, many could be heard chanting for the team to make use of disreputable healing methods. To his credit, Riodan, his shoulder hidden under masses of padding and bandages, waved with his remaining good arm to the crowd and attempted to quell the chants. After the game he spoke to the media and reiterated the team's stance against such unsavory measures. "146 games is far more than I ever dreamed I'd play this game. It is fitting that I end my career with a game against the team's biggest rival, and that I played some small role in pulling out another stunning and hard won victory."
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Evansville Blood Bowl League greets its newest Legend, Elendar Cuthalion!

The long time Gladius Argentum blitzer attained this exalted status on the back of an MVP worthy, yet incredibly contentious, game against the scrappy Bearded Ladies. In the earliest moments of the game, with two of the team's best players, Arodanu Ollchir and Idril Camalkar taken off the field and unable to continue, Elendar captained the team to a hard fought victory and secured another Gladius Argentum berth in the final game of the Evansville Cup. His performance in the game and his experience against the might of the Ladies seems to have invigorated and strengthened Elendar.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Evansville Blood Bowl League Champions, Gladius Argentum, make stunning announcement!

Fresh off an incredibly close match with the League of Bones, The management of Gladius Argentum announced the comeback of one of the most promising players in team history, Angelen Hothris. The massive Blitzer revealed that he had been undertaking intensive physical and magical therapy over the past several years and that he appears to have fully recovered from the illness which had forced him to miss three straight matches and led to his early retirement. Although rumors abounded that the disease was in fact Nurgle's Rot, apparently the rumors were unfounded.

Gladius Argentum are happy to welcome him back back as they prepare to once again face the team's arch-nemesis, the Prague Impalers
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2017 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gladius Argentum would like to thank the E'ville Empire III for sharing the pitch with them on what was the High Elves' auspicious 200th game!

Here's to another 200!

Long Live the EBBL!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2017 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Iron Man...Mark II? (Records were made to be broken...)

In a December 8th, 2017 win over the scrappy and underrated Norsca Thunder, Elendar Cuthalion led the team with 2 Casualties inflicted. More notable however, although unnoticed at the time, was that the game represented the legendary GA Blitzer's 147th contest! This broke the previous EBBL record of 146 Games Played, held by GA's Riodan "Iron Man" Celedor!
Rory

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2017 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
I live about an hour and 15 mins south of Evansville. Is there a place for newer player in your league/tournament setup?
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2017 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

We are always looking for new coaches. We have 24 slots, won for each race, but currently only have 17 teams.