42 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Malthor: When does the application for Swift start?

There will be news in October.
It is secret to the moment the news are out.

Thrilling, isn´t it?
Laughing
Idolen

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just PeteW and RandomOracle that can brag, or can anyone join in???

Falcons got woooped

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Idolen wrote:
Is it just PeteW and RandomOracle that can brag, or can anyone join in???

Falcons got woooped

You call 5-1 woooped?

This is more like it. Wink
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
BooAhl wrote:
Malthor: When does the application for Swift start?

There will be news in October.
It is secret to the moment the news are out.

Thrilling, isn´t it?
Laughing

It is in the first line of the front page News item, but I neglected to put it in the thread or the FAQ. I'll fix that too overnight.

The information ->
----
Applications will be accepted for the Weekly KO Qualifiers from Saturday 30 September and the Quick Start Qualifers from Saturday 7 October. Please see the FAQ for more details.
----
As for the actual time we will start accepting applications for the Weekly KOs at 1200 BB time (type "bb time" in chat or GMT +1) Saturday 30 September.

still disliked all round!
Tophat

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify if you enter a weekly tournement I asume this locks your team , i guess its writen somewhere but im a bit dense at time.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

your team is not locked by applying for a group.
Games you play while the team is in a tourney won´t upload. So you can play between applying and the start of the KO-tourney
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

We won't be commenting on the CR, TR, number of games played or tournaments won by the teams who have already applied. What is the point? It could change in the next five minutes as new teams apply, or pull out, or games are played (which can have a large impact on TR and CR in particular).

However, I will give a couple of updates re the NUMBER of teams that have applied in each group as this might help get some qualifiers off the ground.

Eg, if we have 80 teams applied for highest CR, but only 15 for Long Lived Teams, I might announce that there are some spots available for Long Lived Teams (and if there are only 16 teams, the bottom team could get in with 20 games played!). Likewise, if there are exactly 32 applicants for highest CR, the lowest CR could conceivably be 110...

Laviak wrote:
Is there any chance of getting updates on the current cutoff for a qualifier and/or the number of applicants?

For coaches that are having trouble deciding which qualifier they have the best chance of being accepted to, it might be handy to know whether they are likely to have a high enough TR/CR whatever. Obviously the numbers become obselete pretty quickly, but if you know what date/time the last snapshot was accurate for, it might help with getting applications from people that don't think their (insert stat here) is good enough when in fact it is.

Hmm, I don't know if that made any sense, but I hope it did Razz

Edit: An alternative explanation/example (kinda in response to Synn's post):

you don't need to say which teams in particular, but a rough idea of the answer to the question
"is my 50 game old team good enough for the LLT qualifier? or am I wasting my time applying?"

something like:
LLT qualifier
- Date updated: 2006-09-25
- No of applicants: 13
- Top 8 cutoff: 80 games
- Top 16 cutoff: (45 games)
- Top 32 cutoff: (45 games)

I seem to remember there being very small numbers of teams applying to some of the groups (LLT was one of them) last year, and I was thinking that this might be a good way to increase the number of applicants. I suspect that people though that their teams weren't old enough, even though they probably were. Obviously, we should NOT be able to see actual team names/coach names, and if needed, the numbers could be rounded off to help anonymise the stats.

Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

nportela, the reason you did not get a spot in the Long Lived Teams qualifier group last year is that there were between 17 and 23 applicants, and your 72 game total did not put you into the top 16. If there were enough teams to have filled a 3rd LLT qualifier, then you would have gotten a spot if you games total was in the top 24.

As you were not accepted into a LLT last year, you could have then applied to play in the Quick Start rounds. Anyway, hope to see you in the Cup this year.

nportela wrote:
Im saying this because last year i applied to the team with most games played and i had like 72 games, i didnt enter in the cup... dont know why, specially after reading this :

"Last year there were only 2 Long Lived Teams and 3 Highest CR Qualifers as there were not enough applicantions to fill a third and fourth qualifier group respectively."

NP

Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2006 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Me again... FAQ has had a major overhaul.

Now has numbered questions and I think it addresses all questions asked to date.

http://fumbbl.com/help:TNTFCupVFAQ

olivius

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2006 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i d like to play a quick start tournament but i dont know when to apply with my team does anyone can help me?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2006 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read through the FAQ. Nice one. Good work.

Is there any information on to which position in TR or CR or longlived teams teams were accepted last year? Does it at all make sense to apply when you or your team is on or around position 100?
This year with the application start known I guess the swiftest applicants might be rather full and when you apply a 13 BB-time you won´t get in.

Quote:
However, I will give a couple of updates re the NUMBER of teams that have applied in each group as this might help get some qualifiers off the ground.

Eg, if we have 80 teams applied for highest CR, but only 15 for Long Lived Teams, I might announce that there are some spots available for Long Lived Teams (and if there are only 16 teams, the bottom team could get in with 20 games played!). Likewise, if there are exactly 32 applicants for highest CR, the lowest CR could conceivably be 110...

So, could it be wise to wait a few days and apply to one of the groups with less applications?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2006 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Is there any information on to which position in TR or CR or longlived teams teams were accepted last year? Does it at all make sense to apply when you or your team is on or around position 100?

Probably no use when last year these qualifiers were not full.

Malthor wrote:
nportela, the reason you did not get a spot in the Long Lived Teams qualifier group last year is that there were between 17 and 23 applicants, and your 72 game total did not put you into the top 16. If there were enough teams to have filled a 3rd LLT qualifier, then you would have gotten a spot if you games total was in the top 24.

Just had an idea on this. Now it is handled that not full weekly qualifiers won´t run and the number of quick starts is increased. But wouldn´t it make sense to direct teams into not full weekly qualifiers to make them run (or ask swiftest quick start applyed coaches if they are willing to)? I´d say coaches able to play a quick start (2 games in a row) are able to play a weekly one as well, but not all coaches are able to go for a quick start. This way all weekly qualifiers could run which might mean more coaches can have a go (those not able to play 2 games a row at the dates given).
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

olivious, applications for the quick start will commence from Saturday 7 October, once the Weekly KO draws have been done.

Arcon, yes near the end of the week, if we are oversubscribed in some groups but only a few short in others, I will post in here. Coaches may wish to withdraw from one group and apply for a different group. What we will do first is do the draw for the fullest groups first. That way those who did not make it into the 32 will be free to try and apply into one of the other groups before they close.

ThePimpImp

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2006 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This magical potion only works on current player right? Nobody can come out of retirement (or be brought to life) correct?
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2006 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Only a player on the roster can be given the potion.

Jump to: