28 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Platypus - I was just letting you know when most of us were online. Many of my European comrades are 5 hours ahead of me and are fast asleep by the time I even log on. As you said, there is usually a point in the weekend to play. I wasn't trying to keep you from signing up and am sorry that you took it that way.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

That's okay. I don't take it personal Smile . Not you but Ludakk said that he prefers players from the States. As I said before your evening/night is my afternoon/evening. And because I work on my Computer all day anyway to write my thesis the time would not have been a problem.
What I don't understad is that 11 players from Europe can play but not one from New Zealand.

Good luck for the tourney.

Cheers,

PLATYPUS
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was just a misunderstanding on time zones, since it is easier to play you and the aussies that the euro dudes.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

We need coaches..it looks to be a very fun league to be in...kinda a fantasy football league substitute Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

While we are waiting for 6 more coaches to join us we have already started and had 2 matches so far:

Oakland 14-12 Tennessee

Chicago 10-21 San Francisco

Do YOU have what it takes?
Current franchises need coach are:

Dallas
Detroit
Green Bay
Indianapolis
Minnesota
San Diego

Are you the next Parcells? Are you the next Mariucci?

Last edited by Ludakk on %b %28, %2003 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PLATYPUS wrote:
Hi,

I do not think that the time difference is a big problem. Right now I play in a German league once or twice a week and that is no problem at all.

What are your main playing times? And what day?

Cheers,

PLATYPUS

Platypus, I have no problem allowin you and all other Aus, NZ coaches into the league the only thing that bugs me is the time difference, I mean you are in +11 zone and if you were to play any N.Am coaches in time zones from -5 to -8, how would that work, you know? I, we also know that most Euro coaches are in zones 0 to +2. So even there might be some probs.
Thank you!
-L
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dave - actually I think the +11 time zone makes it easier to hook up as it is always day time for 1 of us, as opposed to 0 playing -5

Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2003 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Ludakk

I am only wandering why 11 European coaches are already in the League and the kiwi coaches are still waiting for the approval?

I know that the time difference can be a problem but if both coaches are a little flexible, willing to compromise and try they can still find their why to play.

PS: What is with Hawaii? They are in time zone -10 Wink

PPS: By the why NZ is time zone +-12
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, BB fans, BFL league has aleady started, but we are still in search of 2 more coaches:
Detroit and Minnesota need one each, remember that it is not franchise that can make you look or feel bad is the way you take care of it, no matter if you take Arizona and you are a great coach you could have a greater chance og beating a newbe Tampa Bay coach even on your like... worst day in your entire life.
So, prove to the world that you hava equal chance of takin your team to the Super Brawl I and join BFL.

http://deloran777.tripod.com/brutalfootballleague/index.html
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, gents!
All 32 teams have been taken or atleast it appears that way, you know.. Stay tuned though cause you never know what can happen.
-L
Thank you all very much for bein interested in soemthin as crazy as this Smile
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

There were some problems for Ludakk getting the report of Jag vs Car game. I did use http://deloran777.tripod.com/brutalfootballleague/id7.html for raporting the game, is it working or did I just roll Really Stupid when I used it? Razz
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
There were some problems for Ludakk getting the report of Jag vs Car game. I did use http://deloran777.tripod.com/brutalfootballleague/id7.html for raporting the game, is it working or did I just roll Really Stupid when I used it? Razz

you just have to conferm it b4 you mail it in.
Barash

Post 6 Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ludakk wrote:
Hello, gents!
All 32 teams have been taken or atleast it appears that way, you know.. Stay tuned though cause you never know what can happen.
-L

Ludakk, imho: you are one of the best league organizers around (you have some though competition with Christer Smile) Your site is really great and I enjoyed playing the bbb wc you organised a few weeks back.
I think that your system of helping the weak teams is a great aid to help players to continue who might have abandoned the league otherwise. I truly hope all coaches are committed to go all the way to the BFL Super Bowl. Hopefully I can make it all the way to one of the playoff spots. Good luck all with your games!

Cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
Ludakk wrote:
Hello, gents!
-L

Ludakk, imho: you are one of the best league organizers around (you have some though competition with Christer Smile) Your site is really great and I enjoyed playing the bbb wc you organised a few weeks back.
I think that your system of helping the weak teams is a great aid to help players to continue who might have abandoned the league otherwise. I truly hope all coaches are committed to go all the way to the BFL Super Bowl. Hopefully I can make it all the way to one of the playoff spots. Good luck all with your games!

Cheers

Hi, thank you very much for warm words, the only thing it takes for any league to work out is the commitment of each and every individual involved in it. Things happen in our lifes that we have no control over, some of us might quit playin BB on or even off line due to whatever reason, but if you are able to make time to play in one of my 3 leagues about 1s or 2s each week that'd be awesome. You don't have to be on here 24/7 playin with folks cause I'm pretty sure that this would burn most of us out, so jsut pace yourselfs.
Have fun all!
-Ludakk
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!
After doing some cleaning up in BFL I found out that 2 coaches weren't fallowing the rules so they had to go.
Therefor 2 franchises are looking for 2 DEDICATED!!! coaches, someone who's willing to make the league work and won't drop out in case of a few losses is more than welcome to join in.
Our season has already started, but there's still time for you.
2 teams are:
Buffalo
and
NY Jets

Brutal Football League
 Jump to: