17 coaches online • Server time: 05:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Since my objective with my academy teams is to introduce new players to FUMBBL, I would very much enjoy an option to reset my academy team to the original state (as it was approved) because new coaches start with new teams as well. Now that both my Academy teams have reached TR140+ I feel those teams aren't useful as learning tools anymore.

Of course I could start a new team, but it would be extra work for the approvers - besides, I like the theme I've chosen for my teams. I hope I'm not the only one that feels the same way.

So to recap, this is what I request:

A button of some sort that would:
- Reset the spp count for all players back to 0.
- Fire the newly hired players.
- Restore the dead/retired players to the roster.
- Reset the apo/cheerleaders/assistant coaches/rerolls/fan factor to the original state.

If that is too complicated, a reset could also erase everything but the name and set the treasury to 1000k. The only abuse I can think up with this is that the player names will not pass through approval - but I don't feel that's a big issue (since the team had to be approved once anyway).

So why do I request this? For one, it's less hassle for the coach to reset the team after he's played a few games. Second, any team that gets beaten up badly gets a second chance, which I feel would be great for learning the game.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I like that idea torsoboy, especially for [A]cademy...

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. Will obviously only work in [A] ofcourse but still a neat thing to implement.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the idea, especially for new coaches.

Other abuse I could think of though, would be coaches resetting their team after 4 or 5 games if they didn't get multiple stat increases - then transferring to Unranked or cherrypicking other [A] teams

Depending on how fumbbl was coded, this might be easier than the reset proposed, as with everything sitting on top of a Database, the first game might providea snapshot into the DB of the roster at that point, so it would be almost as good as a reset back to 'post-approval', as it would be 'pre-first-game'.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Brad wrote:
Other abuse I could think of though, would be coaches resetting their team after 4 or 5 games if they didn't get multiple stat increases - then transferring to Unranked or cherrypicking other [A] teams

You could solve this problem by flagging the team as "reset", so it cannot be transfered to Unranked.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Couldnt you change the team progression from Standard to Fixed or something like that? I think that way you made sure the team would gain no spp (not that I have tried myself though...)
Panda_

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

That's really a good thing. On my view, i was expecting that Academy would not allow team to change after the matchs. But my idea left the taste of the evolutions that are needed for the rest of the bloodbowl.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

WiNG wrote:
Couldnt you change the team progression from Standard to Fixed or something like that? I think that way you made sure the team would gain no spp (not that I have tried myself though...)

Getting spp for skillchoices and such can still be a learning experience, one that you wouldn't get from non-spp games. Also to my knowledge, the site won't accept results from non-progression teams vs normal teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2006 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

That is definately a good idea torso. If that is not added, you can always just delete the team and make an identical copy named (team name) 2 and (team name) 3 ect ect. True, it would need to get reapproved each time, but it doesnt take that long to scan a team to check names ect ect so not a huge workload. Having the option added would be a good thing though.....

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2006 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

great idea for academy

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2006 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea for the academy, and the mentioned abuse potential is already here (re-setting after non-stat increase skill rolls). A coach can do that now in any division--all they have to do is start a new team. Admittedly, they have to wait for approvers first--but do you really think that's a substantial barrier to meta-gamers?
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2006 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair point, im sick of coming up with a really witty name for a team, then playing a first game vs flings or something. They usually maul me to death and retirement, and thats one cool name that wont get used again Sad

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
ArtaXerxes

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2006 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I"m also very keen on this idea. Any word if it is likely to happen?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2006 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

id like to see this in [U] and [R] as well, but only for tourna,ents, that way you can have skill progression like in a lot of tabletop tpurnaments, 1 skill after every game, then once the tournament finishes, they all automatically get reset
Quod

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2006 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Can the coaches who are "coachin" ask for all their starting roster to have "star" skill added to their players maybe?

Jump to: