8 coaches online • Server time: 05:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny- PS - and I will play you again even though you broke my Wardancer's neck.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

psiko: I agree, I was only saying that some coaches out there don't think the same way. Wink
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Bottom line is. If someone tries to push your player off the field, all you can hope for is 1,2,or3 SKULLS, and that he kills himself. And then laugh your head off at them! HAHAHA!!!
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

if you don't want to be pushed into the crowd don't stand next to the sideline :/
Kilyaaan

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

For me the only question is if you get the 2 star player point for crowd injuries or not, and OR just the casualty for your FF roll.
And some of you mentioned that this is not the case.

So does anyone have the authorized answer, or should I ask Ski-Junkie how JBB records it?

From the LRB:

"Casualties (CAS): If a player kills, seriously injures, or
badly hurts an opposing player then they earn 2 Star
Player points. The points are only earned if the player
blocks an opponent or is blocked by an opponent himself.
Casualties inflicted in any other way do not count for Star
Player points. Killing, injuring or badly hurting a player is
generally referred to as inflicting a ‘casualty’. ..."

So the LRB says "The points are only earned if the player blocks an opponent or is blocked by an opponent himself. ... " and since this is just what happened in a push out, my interpretation would be that the 2 point are earned by a crowd causulty.

Even though the "If a player kills, seriously injures, or badly hurts an opposing player then they earn 2 Star Player points..." implies that there are no points.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You just get the CAS for the FF roll. It doesn't count for SPPs because you didn't do the damage that caused the CAS. The fans did.

Even if you push someone out with a POW, you still don't get any SPPs for an injury because you never actually knocked the person down. Normally you roll block, push and follow up (where applicable), and then if the defender goes down, you then roll for armor. When sideline pushing, you roll block, push and never get to the whole going down/breaking armor part. Once you push, they're in the crowd's hands. You didn't do the damage, you just gave 'em a nudge.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, all this "sportsmanlike" talk is rather anoying. Personally I "roleplay" my alter ego named Quilwood. If you haven't botherd to read any of my coaches or teams bio (I even give most of my skilled players a bio) you deserve what you get. I relise most people come on for a nice quick match and don't want to read my bio, and would rather not see there team massicred. All of my teams play for different reasons and I play out some of the players too. For example my Dwarves are a passing team and are focused on scoring, while my Necro team takes pleasure in Dancing upon another teams spleens untill they are dead enough to recruite. I receintly played a game where my luck was extremely high and I had a few blitzes and thrown rocks in my favor. My Necro where delighted and took the liberty in smashing the Khemri they where facing into the dirt. The opposing coach just sat there like a lump, saying he didn't like that type of game and didn't want to concede. I think his reaction was worse than my own, and I kept beating on his players for the rest of the game.

Personally I rather like the fluff from all of the editions and love to see teams with personality. So in the future, anyone playing me should take a peak at the team bio they are playing as to not be "offended" by the harshness of BLOOD Bowl players
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quilwood wrote:
BLOOD Bowl

<shrill whistle>
Technical foul: Illegal and Invalid Use of Capitalization.
Half the distance to the goal.
First down.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO

you earn the SPP for crowding someone.
but I don't how it's in fumbbl.
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Franz - in simple terms ....... WRONG

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbbl goes by the LRB which says you do not get SPP unless you injure the player by a thrown block. in this case the block only shoves the player off the field. the crowd does the injury.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I said In My Honest Opinion,

but in every league i played before ALL coaches agreed that push off allow earning SPP as in the 3rd ediction of BB.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Which would make it what we call a "house rule". Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed the rulebook says you don't get spp so you don't get spp thats how it works around here ;]
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this idear:

If the push out of bounds normally would of resulted in the played being knocked down (pow and/or defender back and down with no dodge and/or tackle) and an injury occurs, then the player receives the 2spp. Sort of like he was blocked into the wall or onto an empty/dangerous part of the stadium.

If the player is pushed out of bounds on a straigt pushback or has dodge with no tackle, then the crowd caused the injury and no spp are given to the player.

Jump to: