52 coaches online • Server time: 14:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post 11 Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Admins - I know this was a topic on the thread already but couldn't find it in the forum (feel free to move it).

Anyway, one rule that needs to get changed if the 1 Fail/6 Succeed for Fan Factor. The 1/6 rule applies to all player actions on the pitch, it SHOULD not apply to how well the fans liked the game. Making the 1/6 rule universal in this way is just PLAIN STUPID.

I say apply the game modifiers and whatever MODIFIED result comes up is your FF change.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the ff 1 and 6 rule
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
i like the ff 1 and 6 rule

Me too! Cool

btw: What's "Bllowbowl"? Wink
Calamir

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it just kinda sucks if you win the game (+1) scoring 2+ TDs (+1) and inflicting 2+ casualties (+1), and still your FF decreases because you rolled an 1...
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

well, call it really BAD LUCK Very Happy

maybe your fans want to see you loose (you roll a 6 then).

Cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it sucks, but then, it's also somewhat comforting when you get FF+1 even when you lost 0-3 and you got your arse kicked royally too. Not that I ever do, but theoretically speaking... Wink So it works both ways, and I see nothing wrong with it. Sucks, sure, but so does rolling snake eyes on dodge or double skulls on a Big Guy. Also, they are Blood Bowl fans after all, who knows what goes on their small, twisted minds...
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I've had games where I lost 5-0 accumilating a grand total of 5 SPPs and been lucky enough to have my last joy being having my FF increase
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the 1/6 rule as well. If you score alot, inflict cas, and win the odds are you will gain fan factor. However, every 1 in 6 games fans will jump off the band wagon like they do in real sports. Maybe there was no half time show at the game or a local TV blackout was in effect causing tv audience to lessen. Make something up and use your imagination.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Vernon (lol) - there's a difference between sucks and stupid and yes the 1/6 rule goes both ways. AND I think it's just as stupid to have your FF go up when you lost and did nothing (0 TD / 0 CAS) as it is when you win 5-0 and it goes down. The rationale of "you use the 1/6 rule for everything else" is a lame excuse for trying to apply it to your FF.

But this is only one opinion which will be agreed to or argued with by others. No right or wrong just an opinion.

PS - I HATE that picture! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding fan factor, I like the 1/6 rule. Otherwise high caliber teams would just go up - you cannot ever roll a 1 if your modifier is +1, so winning a lot would make your FF hover around 20 instead of 10. Which may be the point of the post.

By the way, I like the picture - it's very blood bowlian.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the rule, I like veron's picture, I even like you Mully even though I disagree with you like bad seafood today.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

OK OK I concede I concede !!!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I guess I have to say I hate the 1/6 thing myself..Not that I would trade it tho, its like Bloodbowl in general. At times I hate the game and all that comes with it, other times I hate it.
I have my Skaven team that has lost 1 game and won the rest, and when they win its against bad odds all the time..9 players vs a full and healthy undead team of equal strength. Yet I win with 3-1 and gets away without a single cas.
Yet I never get a FF raise. Face it, Skaven fans dont often go up to the surface to watch the games, and if they do they vanish faster then fart in a blizzard. After all who knows who will stab them in the back when they are in plain sight?
6 games and started out with ff 5 now I am at 1...