30 coaches online • Server time: 13:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Egoon

Post 21 Posted: Oct 17, 2006 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The description in the help section of how to configure the client is not quite up to date (i think). When I open my option screen it looks like this:
I get slightly confused when the names of the buttons aren't the same as in the guide. This could be a mac-problem, but I doubt it. Can someone tell me what options should be used, and possibly update the help page

/Egoon
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2006 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The one checkbox that really matters (at least, as last I heard of it) is the very last one on the right. "FUMBBL Login" must be checked. That will automatically set the "Game Options" and "LRB Options" to the necessary settings for any FUMBBL matches.

That leaves the rest of the "User Options", right? Well those are up to you, the user. They don't actually effect the gameplay, just how your client behaves for you and you alone. You can read exactly what they do in the README.txt file, and if you have any questions after reading up and trying them out, then just post another reply here and you'll get people's opinions and feedback to help you decide what you like.

Personally, I always liked playing without sound or some of the bells and whistles, so my checkboxes ended up looking something like this:
Code:
-   -   x   x
-   x   x   x
-   -   -   -
-   x   -   X
x   -   English

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2006 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What I was wondering was more along the lines of: which take root should I use. and what about OFAB. in the guide it says EXP OFAB, but in my client it says LRB OFAB. is there any difference?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2006 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What BMM is saying is that regardless of what items you select in the LRB Options section, they will get overridden when you play with the FUMBBL Login option selected.

If you are playing a standalone game, selecting LRB 2004 and LRB 2004 Handicap in the dropdowns will select the correct options for the LRB4.0 rules.

I suspect that many of the labels were changed from EXP to LRB when they became a part of the official rules, so there is probably no difference between them.

Egoon

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2006 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

oh... thanks
 Jump to: