47 coaches online • Server time: 14:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vendictar

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

for my group I want to set up a round robin tourney, but dont know what the scoring boxes are. min-max, for and against? i understand win loss and tie, but could someone please explain the others? Smile
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2006 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully this should explain it all:

http://fumbbl.com/help:Groups+and+Tournaments and http://fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Scoring
Vendictar

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2006 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks! i looked forever for something like this and just couldnt find it. Smile
CrazySauer

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd raise this one...

Im running two open round-robin tournaments at the moment, and while the total "Score" for each team is being kept, all of the stat scores on the main tourney page are at zero (ex. G, W, L, D, TD+, TD-, etc)

Did I set something up incorrectly, or perhaps open round robin doesnt generate those stats? It doesnt make sense to me and I'd like to see them when Im looking at the group's tournament page.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2008 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I've looked at the Tournament Scoring help page and am a little confused too.

When it refers to points for TD and Cas are these the same points as those given for winning/drawing a match? I don't understand what effect the TD/Min and TD/Max boxes - or the Cas equivalents - have or whether points referred to are the same as game points.

For example, imagine I set up a tournament to award 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a defeat (2/-1 for forfeits). If I set no /Min or /Max and have "1" in each of the /For and /Agst boxes, how many points would a team winning 2-0 and scoring 2 casualties while suffering 1 casualty in return get?

What I'd like to happen is for the team to have 2 points for the win, a +2 TD difference and +1 Cas difference but I have the feeling that what would actually happen is that the team would get 2 points for winning, +2 for TDs, +2 -1 for casualties giving them a total of 5 points. Meanwhile the losing team would get 0-2-2+1= -3 points.

Am I right?

If so - and that's a big "if" - how would I set up a tournament to only award points for the result but then to factor in TD difference, TD scored, Cas difference then Cas scores to separate teams on the same number of points?
Odium_Khan

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also confused, for different reasons. I have set up my tournament (round robin) scoring as:
Win: 15, Draw: 10, Lose 5
Td: +1/-1 max/min 7/7
Cas: +1/-1 max/min 3/3
Minimum: 0

The problem is, the coaches are given something completely different for their scores.
Example 1: Team A vs Team B, score 2-2, cas 1-1.
Both teams were given 20 pts.
Example 2: Team A vs Team C, score 1-0, cas 0-1.
Team A was given 25 pts, team B 10.

this makes no sense at all to me. Please help, or I will have to go in and modify their scores after each game.
benninstein

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Odium_Khan wrote:
I am also confused, for different reasons. I have set up my tournament (round robin) scoring as:
Win: 15, Draw: 10, Lose 5
Td: +1/-1 max/min 7/7
Cas: +1/-1 max/min 3/3
Minimum: 0

The problem is, the coaches are given something completely different for their scores.
Example 1: Team A vs Team B, score 2-2, cas 1-1.
Both teams were given 20 pts.
Example 2: Team A vs Team C, score 1-0, cas 0-1.
Team A was given 25 pts, team B 10.

this makes no sense at all to me. Please help, or I will have to go in and modify their scores after each game.

Your max/mins make no sense.

Example 1: Each team gets 10 points for the draw. They each also get +7 min/max for TDs, and +3 min/max for cas. Try +7/-7 for the min/max.
Tenobaal

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't Team C get 15 Points in the second example?
Minimum for CAS and TD together is 10, and 5 for loosing the game.
Odium_Khan

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I should clarify.
All numbers that I have filled in in the configuration of the tournament are positive, I displayed them as +1/-1 above as a shorthand way of telling you how much is added/detracted for tds/cas.

Unless I want people to RECEIVE points for tds/cas aginst them, all numbers should be positive or I would get a double negation (for example 2 cas against would give -(-2) pts = +2 pts). That's how I've read the instructions anyway.

I will try changing the lower ends to negatives however.
Odium_Khan

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Update on my problem.

Changing the lower end (minimums) to negatives did not change the scoring (I had two players finish a game since I made the change 20 minutes ago).
 Jump to: