82 coaches online • Server time: 21:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2006 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So the draw is released and the teams are all lined up ready to kill.

Who will win the prestigious FC and with it.... the healing potion?

Brackets

__Synn
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2006 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d say Orcs...But seeing the draw wiht all those strong orcs playing each others...Anyway my Vote goes for Smess..
Idolen

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2006 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess will be sent home in the first round, so don't bet any money on him Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

me?
f0rd

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess or Naama (cheering for umeå-boy sideshowbob though!)

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I bet on Nandonrins. TS 290. That may be the winner!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I am cheering for Darkie's Dreams.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have bet on mine, but they got an awfull draw.

Okay, let's bet on Nandorins.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course I root for myself! But as a possible 2nd finalist I have to root for Booahls lizardsmen , and they will be a nice dark horse for two reasons:

1. People are not used to play vs Lizards at high TR.
2. When Booahl has one of his days, no one can beat him.
Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be betting on myself actually.
I have some pretty decent orx, but there are other orc teams that are clearly superior to mine (more ST, more hurting skills). The first round I should be able to make (no matter what Idolen thinks Wink), just have to take out that 172 spp ST 4 dancer. In the second round however, i'll be facing one of those superior orc teams (probably Randomoracle's as he had money to spend). My hope is that some damage will be done in their first game. If I could get past the second round, then it could very well be that the Nandorins await... Not an easy draw thus.
Anyway, we'll see what it gives, it's bloodbowl after all, surprises are inherent in the game. We'll see some pretty cool games anyway.

Edit: those mighty Lizzards of Booahl or the Nandorins look to me like teams that could bring the cup home

Last edited by Smess on %b %06, %2006 - %13:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
Sinner

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
I am cheering for Darkie's Dreams.

Thanks,
as being the underdog against Nandorins I have to rely on my 5 handicaps (there must be something useful in there) and taking out players as they come.
Actually I think Nandorins are an evenly spread team which is about the worst elven opponent one can face, but I am really looking forward to that game.

I have a slim chance and I intend to take it!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Im cheering for all chaos teams and Rhazgul's Judgement is the pride of chaos!
Go Go Naama!

-Buur

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

surely this is gotta be interesting, im cheering for nandorins aswell.. lets have another victory for them! Huzza!
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Aside from myself (cheap plug for the Bunnies!), I think three teams are capable of winning the whole thing:

Booahl: The coach is good enough (anyone remember GLT?). His team is stacked and as someone else brilliantly pointed out.... no one is used to playing against Lizzies at that TR. This being said, no one knows how the team will look after three games. The FC is 5 rounds.

Gatts: His plain old vanilla elf team (with that wicked catcher) should be able to last well. I have played his woodies and walked out thoroughly humbled (doesn't happen often). Do not be shocked if he walks away with it.

Naama: Going with the LoA on this one. Naama has one of the best tourney records of any coach, and his chaos team is the best i have ever seen it. Despite not having many tacklers, those tents on the double clawed warrior counts for something. Look for them to either win it... or stop another person favored from winning.

Dark Horse candidate: Prinz! Believe it or not, his rats are incredible against Orcs. Him and Torsoboy are a great matchup and the winner gets whats left of Flix/Murphy. This makes it likely that Prinz can advance to round three where skaven's interchangable nature becomes an advantage vs. expensive beat up teams.

Person who is not going anywhere....... PeteW. You and i are on a collision course. Even if you win.... you lose your next game. >=)

__Synn
Qaz

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Rhazgul's Judgement VS Nandonrins in the FC V final is surly what every one whants to see Exclamation

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
 Jump to: