45 coaches online • Server time: 13:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deneb

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

What's happenning when you have multiple Injury?

e.g.: n,n,n
it throws 3 time the dice to see if the player can play?

Thanks,
Very Happy Cool
deneb
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2003 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it rolls three times, and if any of those rolls come up as a 1, that player misses the match. If two or more come up as a one, you can't even apoth him to play.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2003 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

In LRB it isnĀ“t that way.

Why does it work like that on FUMBBL?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2003 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Check page 39 of the LRB, underneath the serious injury table, where it defines the term "Niggling Injury".

Quote:
Before each match, you must roll one dice per Niggling Injury the player has suffered. On a roll of 1 the player must miss the match.

The same is repeated under the Niggling Injuries header of the Pre-Match sequence, on page 44 of the LRB.

So Fumbbl implements it correctly.
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2003 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

if you get more than one "1" roll, then using the apoth isnt going to help, as they are treated as seperate injuries. since the apoth can only be used once, healing one wont remove the effects of the second (or third, or fourth) niggling injury.

slackman42
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2003 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

However from the LRB..."Alternatively, an Apothecary may be used at the start of the match, to allow one player who is missing the match due to niggling injury to take part in the game after all."

I interpret that to mean that multiple niggles increase the chance of missing a match, but you can use the apoth to make sure they partake, regardless of the number on niggles. Doesn't say anywhere that an apoth removes just one niggle...of course the wording isn't particularily clear (as per usual Smile )
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, you might be right. I could have swore that the rulebook had something about not being able to apoth multiple niggling injuries, but I just checked and could find nothing. If the wording said *a* niggling injury, I'd say it is clearly right the way it is, but unless there is some clarification somewhere I missed, the line above seems to clearly imply that the apoth can be used for multiple niggling injuries.

The Finishing Touch
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest, id chalk this one up to poor editing. it should either say "missing the match due to 'A' niggling injury" or "missing the match due to niggling injurIES". the former, simply missing the "a" indicates ONE, the latter, indicating any number of niggles. again, i would also like to point out that apothecaries can only be used on ONE injury per game, you have more than one injury when you roll multiple ones for niggles.

slackman42
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the apoth can be used to counter the effects of one injury during the game, OR "an Apothecary may be used at the start of the match, to allow one player who is missing the match due to niggling injury to take part in the game after all". The point is, the rules for niggling injury say roll a d6 for each one and if any come up one, he is suffering from the effects and may not play. The apoth rules as stated are proper grammer for singular or plural injuries, and since there is nothing to say he can't be used if you fail more than one, it seems clear that he can.

The Finishing Touch
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

and the method of apothecary action is different, in match he has a 1 in 6 chance of doing nothing constructive which i like to see as him sprinting out there with a first aid kit, whereas when suppressing niggling injuries he always works in my view representing having time and effort and supplies to spare, thus in my view an apoth pre match dosnt care about volume of niggling injuries

XXXtreme ball with added XX
DMNT

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a question whether multiple niggles is a probability increase of niggling or if it's like "oh my back is hurting" / "oh my knee hurts so much I can't play" / "oh, my back and knees! They're killing me!".

Anyway, rulebook should be written more precisely. Now the rules are scattered around in the book, and you have to find these exceptions and explanations around the book
GrOUnDZer0

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that the way it is worded, and the way in which the apothecary works... "Alternatively, an Apothecary may be used at the start of the match, to allow one player who is missing the match due to niggling injury to take part in the game after all."
You should roll all niggles, for all players, and then choose if you want to apoth one of the guys forced out afterwards... clearing all niggles of that one player allowing him to play. The apoth should NOT be the way it is now, only immediate and after each niggle.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The apoth isn't that way groundzero. Use of the apoth is correct, in that it comes up only after all niggles are rolled (then you decide which if any players you want). At issue is whether a player who is suffering from more than one niggle can be fixed up for the match.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

GrOUnDZer0 wrote:
I believe that the way it is worded, and the way in which the apothecary works... "Alternatively, an Apothecary may be used at the start of the match, to allow one player who is missing the match due to niggling injury to take part in the game after all."
You should roll all niggles, for all players, and then choose if you want to apoth one of the guys forced out afterwards... clearing all niggles of that one player allowing him to play. The apoth should NOT be the way it is now, only immediate and after each niggle.

You are describing the way the apoth already is. All niggles are rolled for, if any come up, you get a box asking who's you want to take care of.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: