82 coaches online • Server time: 20:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL High Elf coming up

As hosts of the Ulthuan Invitational most High Elf teams feel obliged to proof their skill in this very reknown tournament and so they spend most of their time with training and practice. In order to compare their improvements and to see what tactics the others developed many preparation tournaments are held all over Ulthuan. The largest and most glorious ones is held once a year at the Phoenix King's royal court.

Show you nobelity and pride. Prevail over your countryman.

Teams who want to participate can apply to the group page until the tournament starts, Friday November 24th 2006. This is a weekly tournament so please make sure you are available to play during the week, so we don't get any delays. Any [R]High Elf teams are eligable. Only apply if you are willing to play all rounds, so we don't get any drop outs.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2006 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So no Nannies.

seems a shame!

Maybe he'll get knocked out by orcs.... not likely!

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

To Heir is Elven has entered purely for the entertainment of our noble benefactor and president of the Uthulian Uppercrust Investment Club, Sir Renrdell Snobtrill! He hopes we fare better in this endeavor than in our brief stint with the E.L.F..

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2006 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Krautrocks gonna win;-)
KFoged

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2006 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a little bit strange to put a XFL High Elves meanwhile the most played HE team on fumbbl is stuck in the Fumbbl Cup, maybe just me?

Crist! Rolling Eyes I was really looked forward to the XFL, not that my team will be ready and I will never win over teams build primarily to play other elves, but still!

KFoged
JB

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2006 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

totally agreed Kfoged. Its not as if it would make any difference for me personally, but I dont understand why in such a case XFL Undead doesnt get launched (Synn got knocked out of the FC yesterday) but High Elves instead. This is just my personal opinion and in no way a criticism of the tournament admins themselves. I think you guys are doing a great job, but this particular decision isnt very logical to me.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

21 teams so far..

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

there will always be someone who is stuck in some major no matter what race i choose.. and would you think it is fair i choose the race depending on who would be able to play? next i choose the race a buddy of mine has just built up a great team for or what? *deep breath* seriously, if you think about it i'm sure you realize that it would be pretty unfair towards others who cannot play in a certain XFL due to other reasons, may it be tournaments or real life, so why should i make an exception for the nandorins? because they are worth more than others? sorry, but i will NOT go down that road.

i have to get the cycle finished somehow and it is taking way longer than it should due to the increasing amount of majors. and sometimes a coach has to choose where to put his team, it's not like it was not rather clear that XFL High Elf will come soon, and i doubt it would matter much if it came this week or the next, would it? and noone except yourself keeps you from having more than one team to play in a tournament. sometimes you just cannot have it all.

but no worries, once the cycle is complete i will issue a serious review on the XFL, and if demanded step down from being in charge

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack:

Come on.. I know you can't do anything about, but that don't really mean that I have to be happy!

KFoged

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i never said you should be happy about it and i can understand you would like it better if the nandorins where free for the XFL.

But since you enter the nandorins into _every_ major, wasn't it pretty obvious that would conflict with the XFL no matter when it would come? Shouldn't be a prob to get one of your other he teams up for the XFL though.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack:
I got one ranked HE team besides Nandorins and you right if i had the time it will - most likely - not be any problem to get it in shape.

Just one more correction Nandorins have played in 2 majors before this FC, that is the GLT and FC last year Wink

But what ever you are in fact doing a really nice job and i like to spec the XFL games.

KFoged

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2006 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

just checked the application list, 23 teams so far. if we get close to 32 until friday i might delay the start for a week if there is good chance we get a full 32 KO then.. did that for XFL Dark Elf too and it went smoothly with 32 teams and no forfeits.. but more than a week delay is not acceptable for me.. sorry..

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2006 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

26 teams atm.. if we get 2 more i gonna delay the start for a week to try to get 32 teams in..

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2006 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry CJ.....

You had XFL Undead and High Elf to choose from. In chat we were even talking about it. You knew you could have done XFL Undead. Instead one of two things happened.....

1.) You decided to "remind" us of your authority but intentionally picking the race that was in the FC.
2.) You might want to ask me about this one personally. It will piss you off to have it aired in the forum.

We all acknowledge that there will always be teams in the majors. Majors are long running affairs after all. But doing the XFL High Elves here instead of Undead has ZERO logic behind it.

As for "some teams being worth more than others".... yes. The Nandorins are objectively speaking the most decorated High Elf team in all of fumbbl. So now the winner of XFL high elves can rest assured knowing that they won it without beating the best. Kinda serves to remind everyone why the XFL is a MINOR.

__Synn
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2006 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps in the future the xfl race could be picked at random in the fumbbl forum. list the races and their number, then let bowlbot roll a die and pick the race. everyone in chat witness it.

this should stop the bellyaching. personally, I'm quite glad CJ doesn't show preferential treatment to friends or one specific team of thousands in that race. I'm also glad xfl doesn't move at a snails pace anymore. thanks Candlejack