37 coaches online • Server time: 13:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2006 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:HydraIRCSetup

Step 2, establishing your User ID, doesn't flow as advertised- the initial ID setup seems to want something more- there are two fields - "Identd Username" and "Identd OS" that are unmentioned.

Regardless of the root of the problem, "OK" is not a viable option at the end of the described steps.

Or, maybe I'm being braindead. That's possible too. Rolling Eyes
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, well, due to the complete lack of response, I tried a bunch of random alternatives. By putting my User Name in each and every open slot, I got it to work. Go back to sleep, thanks anyway.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly useful for other people that are interested, here's a quick copy and paste from the hydrairc forums.

http://www.hydrairc.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t683.html

Zann wrote:
  • Identity Description: no one on IRC can possibly see that, it's just an name for HydraIRC internal usage.
  • Username: yes, this one becomes a part of the hostmask if the server does not care to ask for ident info, or ident server is disabled on the client side - and then /whois command shows that one.
  • Nick: all in the channel can see that, yes - but not necessarily so on the whole server, for example, if user set +i mode.
  • Identd Username: server can see that, users can see that because it becomes a part of your hostmaks (as username above) when ident is working properly.
  • Identd OS: in principle, only server can see that (admins - maybe, if they really look carefully in the logs), but in reality ident server in HydraIRC is running all the time, so anybody can see that info by connecting to your computer's 113 port directly ...

To get complete information on that kinda stuff, look over IRC RFC documents, just google them up - they are not that big and are quite fun to read.

Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2006 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Lav!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: