15 coaches online • Server time: 05:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post 18 Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

www.Sambabowl.tk (all standings, results, etc.)

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %04, %2003 - %14:%Sep; edited 11 times in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

deleted

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %04, %2003 - %14:%Sep; edited 9 times in total
Essadji

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I was faced with a rather nasty problem yesterday.
My gnome team decided that bloodbowl was a bit hard on their precious skins and decided to retire.
I started shoving them contracts and penalties under their noses and they...
... well they started calling me names! (and being quite thorough about it)

I was faced with a dire financial situation as a result, since gnomes don't come cheap.
The lucky thing is that they DO come stupid however, so I convinced them that Sambabowl is all about dancing.
When, on top of that, they heard that the in character calling of names is appreciated and encouraged they more than greedily agreed to go 'dancing'...

So, to the barricades once more dear friends! Come and watch 'Om Ter Struikelst' dance there valued skins to shreds!!!

Save the last dance for me, dear opposing coach...
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd call you crazy Belgians, but I'm one of those. :p

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

We're Belgians alright, Crazy... define crzay :p

I'm in Splut Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The warden of Leuvens prison has allowed 11 inmates to participate in this dance contest.
The coach of the team (who was sentenced for life after eating a law enforcement officer who
he had cut up with a chainsaw) states: "We're just here for the dancing, no secret weapons,
no hurting people, just dancing".

We won't do anything wrong
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

We, the Elves of the 33rd coven will take on the challenge to become the most spectacular team in the history of Bloodbowl. We shall spite our opponents with textbookplay, upon textbookplay, rewriting the textbook in the proces.

After the match we shall drink many a hefty ale, to drink away, our spoils of victory !

Remember, there is no such thing as an average elf, all elves are considerably above average !

Signed,
Levi "Longbomb" Cougar
Essadji

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As coach of the above-mentioned p.i.t.a.-gnome team (where pita is not the famous international dish but simply short for 'pain in the ass') I find myself once more between a rock and a hard place. The gnomes like a little dancing (they like a lot of it even more) but they heard that elves would be sharing the dance as well. They don't quite object to dance with elves, it's just that (and, I quote) "show me an elf, and I'll show you a tall clumsy fellow who won't stop trashing your toes doing a simple jig..."
Therefore I was asked (if a plain order can be called that) to ask those 'Leuven inmates' for some help in this matter.
My gnomes believe that, since they seam so fond of chainsaws, they might be able to solve this problem...
Again I quote: "if not about the toe-bashing, at least they CAN do something about those pointed ears being so ridiculously tall!"
I hope this plea won't go unheard so my gnomes will be able to look those elves straight in the eyes. (whereas now they are forced to look at their hairy chests...)
ClubSoda

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So a dance it will be...
I have taken upon me the task of coaching the Larethian Aanbidders. A newly founded team with a bunch of newbie Woodelves...
It seems that the word 'dance' has inspired some female players to join up, however they don't realize that this kind of dance might have more serious injuries than a simple 'step on a toe'. On the other hand, these ladies are famous for their running and jumping around amongst suitors... Which just might help them to survive.
The team has however brought a nice amout of fans and since the beautiful ladies are so wanted all the fans are roaring 'bout this team, even though they haven't played a single game.

On a personal note, I'm waiting to play the 33rd coven, since they too are woodelves, perhaps the players will meet some friends and maybe the bloody game will change into something more friendly... But I do have my doubts about that
Btw: I won't be renting the ladies for any private encounters Cool
Dragoon

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In some very dark regions I managed to find some elves who, to my dearest surprise, had taken dancing lessons. So now I have a fresh team, skilled in dancing all those groovy Spanish sounding dances.
Now bring on the ball and let the shaking begin!!!
Hubba hubba.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Upon closer inspection of the entry form of the 33rd Coven we noticed that a small message was scribbled at the back of the form :

"Me coachie from dee Bad Aserabs also puts us in dee Sambabowling Lieg! Me be go'ink for dee Sambarama-cardee from misser Ramon. Wee not bee plannink' to kidnap dee Samba-misser to get money.

Me Me Me be,
Lord Splutticus
Coachie of dee Bad Aserabs"

So gentlemen and gentlewomen, consider the Bad Aserabs to be part of the coming Sambabowl !
Reorx

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy everyone,

I found the perfect male-female combination for this dance fest. What do you think of the lizardman-amazon combination Twisted Evil ? This sure is gonna give some fireworks Twisted Evil .

My ogre is sure interested in those free samba lessons, so if our moves don't impress enough people, we're gonna go for that. Especially if somebody lays a hand on our star-couple Elinor and Geirr Evil or Very Mad .

Samba, baby.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sambabowl is still recruiting teams !
Please apply in the group and post in-character here to warn the others you have joined Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

We don't do any wrong vs Spanish Quarter
TR/Str 100/107 TR/Str 100/101 Dark Elf

Date: 2003-08-28

Gate: 45000

1 Score 3

Hephi Coach Dragoon
70000 Winnings 50000

No Change Fanfactor +1
0/0/1 Casualties 0/2/0
60% Luck 61%
Player Cps TDs Int Cas MVP SPP
#3 Oops! I stumbled 0 0 0 0 0 0
#4 Dit is een armprothese 1 0 0 0 0 1
#5 Kijk, niks in men handen... 0 0 0 0 0 0
#7 poing poing poing poing BAM!! 0 1 0 0 0 3
#9 What is Herpes? 1 0 0 1 0 3
#11 I'll cut the pie 0 0 0 0 1 5

#3 Oops! I stumbled (Miss Game)
#5 Kijk, niks in men handen... (Miss Game)

Player Cps TDs Int Cas MVP SPP
#1 Flamenco 0 1 0 1 0 5
#3 Merengue 0 0 0 0 1 5
#4 Tango 0 1 0 0 0 3
#5 Lambada 0 1 0 1 0 5
#8 Mambo 2 0 0 0 0 2
#9 Conga 1 0 0 0 0 1
#11 Samba 2 0 0 0 0 2

#1 Flamenco (Death)

I hope a report will follow soon !

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %28, %2003 - %17:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

- Once you have played a game with a team you may not retire that team from the competition anymore, you may do so before having played any matches.

- A coach that plays with multiple teams gets 0 points for all his teams for the matches his teams should play against eachother and those matches are never played out.

Jump to: