|Recent Forum Topics DIBBL Season 14 (NZ ...||SR||Northern Wastes Leag...|
Posted by: Christer on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 15:44
I will be taking the site down for maintenance tomorrow at 11:00 server time in order to install the new server.
The following is the rough plan:
- Shut down all servers; this will cut off all traffic to the site
- Remove the old deeproot hardware from the 19" case it's housed in
- Move the new deeproot hardware into the case
- Install new deeproot into the server cabin
- Cable management
- Power up
- Finalize firewall configuration
The first few steps are pretty straight-forward and will take an hour or so. The last step, however, has the potential to be tricky. I am pretty sure there will be a bunch of firewall configuration remaining to be done with the new setup, but I will work as quickly as possible to get things up and running again.
I am hoping to be mostly done with the migration after roughly 3 hours.
I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
|Server Maintenance, Saturday at 11:00 | Login/Create an account | 2 Comments|
|Comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.|