Code commentation:The page is organized in two rows via a table (with id=pageStructureTable), each row serving as a container for other tables, blocks and content.Each of those rows has a unique ID: "upperRow", "midDLARow".
Code commentation: The upper Row is divided via a table (id=upperRowTable) into one row with two columns.
Each column contains one section of content:
General information on DLA
Code commentation: The buttons that toggle the visibility of the top left content sections:
The league has started out with 16 franchises. On its second season, the league expanded to 22 franchises. The League may expand to 32 in the future.
One by one the founding owners, then the expansion owners selected their home base and thus the DLA was born. Each team was named after the City/Province they settled in along with a nickname.
Time to time a Franchize might be on sale. In such cases we rely on our wating list. Please see the "Joining DLA" section for more information.
Draft lingo (expressions widely used at Discord)
- Hep! : Hi / Hello / Morning / Evening
- Trading rights: The draft pick itself
- Trade banter: Advertise a trading opportunity, and telling what you offer/need.
- Feeler: Sending an inquiry about a potential trade, without an actual offer.
- Conditional pick: When the result of the trade depends on a condition that will be or will not be met at a later point of time. Example: I give you a 2nd round pick for that, but i give a 1st round pick instead, if i will win my division.
- Overdrafted: Something is selected too early compared to value. Highly subjective. Like linemen are overdrafted.
- Underdrafted: Opposite of overdrafted. Something should have been selected much earlier.
- Trade up: This one is easy. Send a combination of picks for a higher selection.
- Trade down: Opposite of trading up. Giving up a selection for more selections.
- Frontload: Give up future draft selection right for immediate selection right. Future picks have less value as time is money, so the future pick given up is better.
- Backload: Opposite of frontloading. When someone sells current draft stock for better and or more future draft stock.
Information on joining DLA
League is running with 22 franchises. As dropouts happen, and people quit at some point, so we are always looking for reserves. We are working with a waiting list in case a Franchize will be on sale. If you are interested, then get in contact with the staff.
- Full migration using custom rosters. Including SPPs, injuries. Fan factor remains the same. New owner inherits the draft rights.
- Team logos and stuff are inherited. Previous owner is kindly asked to provide the full code for the team bio. The new owner may adjust the bio. If the previous owner wishes a reference to the original designer of the team page will be added.
DLA matches are played under CRP and fumbbl tournament rules - no game options take place with the following exceptions/additions:
League uses custom rosters, and manual skilling. Player bio should include all skills, stats a player has, season of drafting, round of drafting, etc, and also spp inherited with the link to previous incarnation. Mandatory to track those, also in the dead/past players section.
DLA TW counts only skills, no base value charge.
If a player starts his career with skills, then the player starts with the appropriate spps. (So a 3 skilled drafted player arrives with 31 spp.)
3 rostered team rerolls and 1 rostered apothecary, starting fan factor is 5. No cheerleader / assistant coach is allowed.
Draft is the main source of talent. Teams with worst record will get the best pods in the draft, hence get the chance to get better players than teams doing well. The pods will be the same through all rounds of a drafft. A draft has 4 rounds.
Undrafted players go to a FREE AGENT (FA) pool. If a team is below 1200 TW between 2 games for any reason, then that team can select 1 player from the FA pool. (A team can can be select only 1 FA between rounds. No FA can be selected before the 1st game and after the last game of regular season. No FA during the playoffs.)
Every player retires after the end of their 4th season. This also applies to rookies. FREE AGENTS count their time on the FA list as well. So a sucky FA will be gone after 4 seasons.
MVP is one of the 3 nominated.
Piling on skill is not allowed.
Regular season with normal games (without overtime) in 2 conferences, then playoffs with 4 teams with overtime. (The conference winners are scheduled against the 2nd place team from the other conference.)
No inducements (may change later).
The CRP concession rules will be enforced manually even if the 4 or more skilled player has less than 51 SPPs.
The stat (not more than 2 points higher/lower than original) limits are manually enforced.
For a win you get 2 points, for a draw you get 1 point, and 0 points for losses. For infractions like concessions and no shows you get a -1 point for playoff consideration, but +1 point for draft consideration.
10 days to complete a round. Count starts with the end of last game of last round.
USA conference coaches expected to play in USA evenings, and EU conference coaches during EU (bbtime) evenings.
Dont time out your opponent. If the opponent is too slow, then report it. With that said play reasonably fast, dont go over 4 minutes without reason.
Breaking the rules, like concessions, egregious no shows may result in forfeiture of draft picks in the oncoming draft. Concession, repeated forfeit, or intentionally losing are valid reasons for a ban. If you want to tank for next draft, then your best bet is to try scoring often, and collect SPPs, so play at least semi-competitively. You are, of course, allowed to put your reserve squad on the field...
If a player dies, or retired for any reason, then the team is allowed to buy a rookie replacement.
Player trades are big part of the league, they are not just allowed, but encouraged. Players, current, and future draft picks can be traded. Draft rights beyond the second next draft are not allowed to be traded.
A trade is agreed once all parties agreed to it and a staff member is invited and sees the agreements. A trade is official once a staff member posts it. Trades will be resolved after the end of a season, and the trade window is open until the new season starts (with fixtures).
If a trade is agreed, but any player involved in the deal suffers either death/-STR/-AG/-MA/-AV/Niggle injury, then the trade voids. There is no way to formulate a deal to circumvent this clause. Coaches may add additional void clauses to deals.
A trade cannot contain any provision for events AFTER the resolution of a trade.
Potion use allowed in the postmatch phase together with skilling. Potion trade is considered an away and back trade of a player. Such trade can be only agreed and posted during the trade resolution windows (after round9 and during the offseason). Potion cures all injuries no matter in which incarnation it happened. Same logic applies for Magic Sponge. (Yes, it can retroactively remove Niggle even after it was converted to AV loss.)
The team with higher TV readies first.
All uncovered items will be judged be comissioners using the CRP ruleset, and Fumbbl site rules as final guidelines.
League staff will rule any borderline cases, precedented and unprecedented exceptions. As fumbbl says, the comissioners word is law.
If a team's TW (so MNG included) is below a treshold, then the team can select 1 player.
- The Free Agents list is at the Warroom (google docs) sheet 'FA'.
- Treshold TW=1200.
Process of asking for a Free Agent:
- Contact staff between 2 rounds of regular season when you have a TW below 1200.
- Staff checks your team TW, and says you can or cannot select. (If your team TW is BELOW the treshold, then he will give you green light.) Beware that fumbbl may not select the TW correctly if you manually skilled a player, so the TW needs to be checked manually before FA pickup.
- You browse through the list of FA sheet, picking someone that was not picked before.
- Staff deletes/crosses the player that you pick, so noone else can select.
- You create the player, and write the details into his bio. Acquisition type is Free Agent.
Code commentation: End of left TD (id=aboutNewsRulesTD) of table id=upperRowTable
Code commentation: Start of right TD (id=latestGamesTD) of table id=upperRowTable
Playoff and Draft
After 7 games of regular season games, 4 teams advance to playoff, 2 from each conferences. Tiebreakers to determine conference winners; 1: Points
2: Face to face result (win%)
3: TD differential
4: CAS differential
5: Coin toss.
Each conference winner plays against the 2nd best team from the other conference.
Every team selects once in each round.
Teams will be given their pod in such a way that they will get to pick in reversed order of final standings: The team with the worst record will pick 1st in every round, the champion will get to pick last in every round.
Code commentation:End of table row id=upperRow
Code commentation:Start of table row id=midDLARow
The midDLARow is organized into one row (id=midDLARow) with one TD, containing the toggles and two blocks (id=blMidDLARow and id=blLowerRow).
Those two blocks each contain a table that structures its contents.
Code commentation: End of table row id=midDLARow
Code commentation: End of table id=pageStructureTable