Next tournament: NAF Live! THRUDBALL
25 / 26 July 2020 - 6-round - 2-day tournament [EUROPE group]
- - - - - - Accepting Teams until 11:00 server Time, 25 July 2020 - - - - - - -
Team lists are due at 11:00 server time on July 25 with the event being drawn 20 minutes later. Please be online at this time!
Players who have not been online during this period may not be drawn in the event. This is an important part of registration.
Once again NAF LIVE! brings you a unique event, featuring one of the top charitable tournaments in Europe: THRUDBALL!
Traditionally held on the South Coast of England, this year Thrud will enter your home through FUMBBL this year. Welcome it with your finest drink!
(not mandatory for tournament participation purposes)
The raffle will be £1.50 a ticket, or a strip of 5 for £5. Most tickets bought automatically gets a free Mystery Box team from Black Wolf Painting Studio. Draw will be done live at 8pm BST 25/07/20 on Minimodellog's facebook account. Item up for the draw for the Raffle will be shown on our Facebook page and our twitter account.
The auction is a blind auction. We are putting up the items that are up for auction on Sunday 19/07/20 on our Facebook page. If people want to bid, then they need to send a message to our facebook book page or twitter account with the item number and their maximum bid. The person with the highest bid for each item at 5pm on Saturday 25/07/20 will win that item, and will have until 01/11/20 to pay for it. Items will only be sent out )at winners expense) once they have been completely paid for.
Payment for Raffle Tickets and Auction balances will be via PayPal
If anyone has any donations (figures, teams, swag, merchandise, services, pitches, dice, etc), please get in touch with our Facebook page as soon as possible.
Check tourney's page
Round / Europe / Americas (server time - check the top right of the page)
1 (July 25) / 11:00 / 18:00
2 (July 25) / 13:20 / 20:20
3 (July 25) / 15:20 / 22:20
4 (July 26) / 11:00 / 18:00
5 (July 26) / 13:20 / 20:20
6 (July 26) / 15:20 / 22:20
◦ Current NAF teams are avaialable for use. BB16 and CRP Star Players are permitted as per site implementation.
◦ You must spend all your the cash allowed for your selected team. You cannot keep unspent funds in your treasury and spend it later.
◦ Starting gold 1,200,000
◦ STUNTY TEAMS - Starting gold 1,250,000
◦ The gold coins can be spent on any combination:
- Players (minimum 11);
- Fan Factor
- Assistant Coaches;
* 0-2 Star Players (minimum 10 players before Star or 9 players before 2 Stars);
* Bloodweiser Keg;
* Master Chef;
* Wandering Apothecary;
* Special Play Cards.
+ extra skills
-- wizards not allowed --
- 20k normal;
- 30k double.
Stunty teams - not stackable with skills:
- 30k +1 MA or +1 AV;
- 40k +1 AG;
- 50k +1 ST.
p.s.: when choosing the skills, round 0 and round 1 are for the same rounds - just a gimmic from the software, you'll count with the same skills for all the matches.
EXTRA SKILLS RULES
1) You may not purchase the same combination of skills or stats on more than one player (this includes players with just one skill, so you may not have two players with just Block, but you may have one with just Block, one with Block & Dodge and one with Block & Tackle, etc);
2) You may only have up to 2 skills per player;
3) Only one of each stat increase is allowed per TEAM, so sorry NO you CANNOT make six +1 Strength halflings / gobbos;
4) To give a player a double skill (+30k), you must first give them a normal skill (+20K). This means you may not have a player with a double skill on its own;
5)Piling On is as per CRP (team reroll is not required);
6) Each race has a different number of skills they are allowed to choose up to, dependent on their tier. Note, you do not have to take all allowable skills, just that you can have up to this number;
The total number of skills you can take up to can be found in below.
Tier 1 – 5 Skills: Undead, Wood Elf.
Tier 2 – 6 Skills: Dwarf, Dark Elf, Chaos Dwarf.
Tier 3 – 7 Skills: Amazon, Skaven, Norse, Orc, Lizardmen.
Tier 4 – 8 Skills: Bretonnian, Necromantic, High Elf, Old World Alliance.
Tier 5 – 9 Skills: Chaos, Underworld, Human, Elf Union
Tier 6 – 10 Skills: Chaos Renegades, Daemons of Khorne.
Tier 7 – 11 Skills: Khemri, Nurgle, Slann, Vampires.
Tier 8 – 12 Skills: Goblins, Halflings, Ogres.
◦ Win +3 points;
◦ Draw +1 point;
◦ Loss +0 points;
◦ Concession -10 points.
1) Opponent's Score to determine top 3;
2) Head-to-Head to determine winner;
3) net TD + net CAS for all other positions.
Team Creation Process
Team Creation Links:
European group / Americas group.
Tournament Signup Links:
European group / Americas group.
Add you NAF name and NAF number (This tournament is open to all, so please join us even if not a member)
to your team bio and include any inducements. To add details to your bio, click the "Add Bio / Edit Bio" (Red Circle) link on your team page.
It's easy to add these details.
To add you skills, clink the "Team Options" (Red Circle) link on your team page.
Wait for the team name to load, and then click "Skill Settings" (Red Circle)
Then you can select you skills. If you aren't suppposed to have a skill due to the ruleset, just choose "No Skill" on an unimportant player.
After that click on the group that you are joining.
Then you can join the tournament by clicking the "Apply for Membership" option (Red Circle). Your team wont show up straight away as it will need to be checked.
The last thing to do is to check the time the tournament starts in Server Time (Blue Circle) and be on the site 20 miniutes before the tournament starts. Not everyone is on discord and the way we check who is here and who is sleeping in is by site activity (Green Circle). If the tournament is ready to start and you are not active on the site, we may need to start without you.
-Message from 'goo
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues, we are noting increasing numbers of NAF tournaments are being postponed or cancelled. Health and well-being comes first, and we support Tournament Organisers talking whatever steps they deem necessary with their events to keep people safe.
As we lose these tournaments from the calendar, members are asking us if we can fill the gap with increased Online NAF activity; either via TOs simply holding their events online, or via the NAF providing more tournaments for you to participate in. The former presents us with non-trivial administration, technical and practical issues, so starting on March 28, we will be running a number of ‘NAF Live’ tournaments on FUMBBL for an indefinite amount of time.
We will be reviewing the format and frequency of these tournaments as we go along, but to begin with, these tournaments aim to recreate the real life tournament feeling as best we can, and will run in parallel with existing Online NAF events. Further details:
- Tournaments will comprise 3-6 games of Swiss over 1-2 weekend days (Sat / Sun), with the next event taking place on May 2 & 3.
- Participants will be expected to play up to 3 games in a day according to a set, timed schedule. e.g. Game 1: 10:00, Game 2: 12:30, etc.
- Tournaments will take place in European and Americas time zones. All NAF members may participate, as per usual for Online NAF.
- Rulesets will be taken from postponed tournaments with clear and well written rulespacks, accessible via the NAF site. These rulespacks should be easily implemented on FUMBBL, so tournaments with heavy or unique, integral house-rules should not apply.
Following the successes of the previous NAF Live! events, our sixth event event will feature the ruleset from teh Danish Open, but if there is any sepcific ruleset that you would like to see recreated online, please contact Purplegoo via the NAF website. You should also make contact if you have a good working knowledge of FUMBBL and would like to assist in administering these temporary events for a short time, as with more tournaments comes more work for our team. Please assist if you can!
Many thanks, and stay safe.
Phil / Purplegoo.