Broekwater Patriots is a foundation team in the Draft League Europe, and is the favourite team of the Marienburg area. Stadium is state of the art, guests do not complain about seating or catering.
Rocks are delivered to the season ticket holders only. Time to time visitors bring their own rocks, but the security trolls take care of them unless they fail their bonehead rolls.
Broekwater is a small city with a closed community, much smaller than Altdorf, Nuln, or Marienburg, and they quickly developed "us against the world" mentality.
Team is inspired by New England Patriots philosophy of "Quest for perfection". Every player should have a team first attitude, and they should all DO THEIR JOB. Team prides itself on toughness, both mental and physical, achieved through endless preparation.
The team will be a member of the Karl Franz conference West division from season 2 on.
- "Offense wins games, but defense wins championship" (NFL)
- "Agility wins games, but good linos win championship" (Broekwater philosophy)
- "Prepare hard, and hit even harder!" (Dont'a Hightower)
- "Strive for mental toughness, and bring physical toughness" (Timmy Jernigan)
- "We are ruthless" (Sealver Siliga after he killed Jerry "Rev" Harris with a foul.)
- "Now we have our QB!" (Offensive coordinator after 1st game in 2nd season. Flynn: 2 TD and 1 TD pass.)
- "Next man up" (Mayo after Flashfurt game, when team misses Matthews and Adams)
- "Why we dont have a trophy hall? Because we dont need it. The win is the past, preparation is the present, and the next game is the future. Badges, last seasons do not help at winning the next game. Actually the contrary, they create distraction. This is the reason why the team has no trophy hall on its Team Bio page!" (coach)
- "Whatever i feel is best for the team" (General Manager after NOT denying trade rumors about Hightower.
The team is looking for talent in any possible way. There are games, and the Practice field where players can learn new tricks. We list the recent development by Season and Round.
S2R5 – Matt Flynn DODGEd through the minefield drill!
S2R2 - Sealver Siliga is '9 times tough'!
S2R1 - Jarod Mayo proved against Altdorf, that he paid attention during offseason. He did 3 CAS, and learned improved TACKLE-ing techniques.
S1R9 - Julian Edelman (SIDE STEP) and Sebastian Vollmer (DIRTY PLAYER) are showing more talent than before. They are looking forward to showcase in the playoff!
S1R8 - Ryan Mallett showed great LEADERship.
S1R6 - Jarod Mayo learned how PILING ON works.
S1R5 - Jarod Mayo learned some trick from Hightower, and figured out the secrets of MIGHTY BLOW.
Recent draft picks (season2)
No 24 Stephon Gilmore Catcher +Armor/Wrestle/SideStep/DivingTackle
No 42 Matt Flynn Thrower +Agility
No 81 Mike Adams Ogre Block/Guard
There is a friendly power struggle between coach and General Manager. Coach wants better pick, while GM wants more picks. As a result, the team is trading often, as both parties are looking for a possible match.
No player is off the table. So if you are interested, make an offer. Even Hightower is tradeable.
The following players are being actively shopped:
- Lamarcus Joyner
- Marcus Smith
- Ryan Mallett
For leaving the Marienburg area the Barboza Marauders will face enmity of our fans, staff, and season ticket holders. TRAITORS!
The natural rivals are the division rivals! As a Member of KFC West, these will be:
- ianuk77's Middenheim Classics: A tough, no-nonsense opponent. We hit them hard, but they kept coming back. That Mack guy is on our watch list.
- Seventyone's Altdorf Thunderbolts: Our very first match was played against them. The affair turned out to be spectacular for the Patriots, while the Thunderbolts plan revenge. The game saw their franchize player booted to heaven (or hell).
- cowhead's [DLE] Akendorf Griffins: This is an expansion team that we are looking forward to seeing closer. Their enforcer seems to be a force to be reckoned with, although we reserve the right for a proper boot.