40 coaches online • Server time: 10:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your relation to turn 16 fouling?
I always make a turn 16 foul. It is a long-term habit.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
I might occasionally make a turn 16 foul if it is tactical or if my opponent was a real pig
34%
 34%  [ 22 ]
I never turn 16 foul but I understand if my opponent does foul on turn 16, even if just for fun.
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
I never turn 16 foul and I do NOT understand if my opponent fouls me on turn 16 just for fun (tactical is OK).
30%
 30%  [ 19 ]
If someone turn 16 fouls versus me, I won't play versus him ever again (and/or he might be added to my public black list)
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 63

Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I say, put your pants on and take it like a man. If the game system allows it, it is possible, therefore usable.

But then, the team I have submitted won't T16 Foul, nor would foul for the sole purpose of it (they would certainly foul healt dangerous players that are lying or else tactically to prevent a TD) This is for a specific Fluff reason.
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:

I consider such behaviour highly unethical.

BB is supposed to be a fun freetime activity, right? Not a way to piss off other people on purpose.

Anybody who's gonna start turn 16 fouling in hope of free wins in the future is not someone who I want as a league member.

Yeah, you're right. Honestly, it's not something that I would do, as I do want my opponent to have fun. Heck, I even stopped stalling with bashy vs elves in [R] because it was quite frustrating for the elven coaches.

My comments were more an expression of my annoyance with people who get extremely worked up and self righteous over fouls to the point that they get rude - which ruins my fun. I also wanted to illustrate that this sort of thing is fairly easy to abuse - this is just one of the ways that people could take advantage of it. However, it probably won't make a whole lot of difference overall. Not terribly many people foul T16 every game, and not many people go nuts over a T16 foul.
Meech

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Although a bit late, I would like to chime in about this. I see no real need to foul in t16 unless it is tactical. I actually am of the thought that it hurts you to foul and kill a good player on another team. If you make it hard for your opponent to field a competitive team in the next game and they get steam rolled by a team in the next game, what advantage do you gain? Another team rolled up SPP's and further frustrated a coach. Of course...

It's just a game. I don't foul on T16, and I am a little annoyed when someone else does it, but I don't let it ruin my day. I just have fun and try to make the game fun for everyone involved.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
-- It's just a game. I don't foul on T16, and I am a little annoyed when someone else does it, but I don't let it ruin my day. I just have fun and try to make the game fun for everyone involved.

Some people enjoy a slightly more sadistic fun than others. Wink

Jump to: