34 coaches online • Server time: 14:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Can a Dark Elf team win the E.L.F.?
Yes.
52%
 52%  [ 22 ]
Yes. My Dark Elves just joined!
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
No.
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
No. My High/Pro/Woodies will win instead!
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 42

pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Crone Hellebron has issued a call to all available Dark Elf teams to participate in Season VIII of the E.L.F. No one can possibly fathom why the Hag Queen has taken a sudden interest in a sport such as BloodBowl, but Witch Elves across the realm must bend to the will of the mistress!

While updating the league records, some curious facts about past seasons of the E.L.F. stood out...

Wood Elf teams have won 5 times.
High Elf teams have won twice.
Startrek.nl (wood elves) have just won back-to-back titles... will they make it a "threepeat?"

Special honors will be conferred upon those Dark Elf teams proving worthy:

Oriour - signifying blood - (1) awarded to the Dark Elf team scoring the most casualty points in E.L.F. scored games (whether winning anything else or not).
Thalui - signifying hatred - (?) awarded to ANY Dark Elf team that completes the cycle (plays 2 different races in each of the 5 categories).
Elthrai - signifying doom - (0-5) one available per category to a Dark Elf team that finally wins that E.L.F. category.
Urithair - signifying destruction - (0-1) conferred upon the Dark Elf team that finally manages to win the overall E.L.F. title.

Dark Elven teams meeting any of these challenges will become the standard bearers of these corrupted High Elven runes and have their names forever enshrined on the E.L.F. group page.

Not only has no Dark Elf team ever taken the title, but since the advent of the new format in Season V no Dark Elf team has even won a category. Some of the most feared teams on Fumbbl belong to this race - surely some brave Dark Elf coaches will step forward to be a standard bearer for the race and hold its banner aloft!

Elves of all colors/races are welcome and encouraged to join (This whole "Dark Elf thing" is just a clever marketing ploy) - be they unblemished TR100 or grizzled veterans of +250TR. Most teams play in Ranked where matches are easier to find, but teams playing in Unranked, Faction, DivX and even Ladder are members! Each season lasts for two months and coaches can play as few or as many games as they choose - you can even replay any matchup until you "get it right!"

Season VIII will kick off on March 16th at 12:01am (bbtime) and ends promptly at Midnight on May 15th!
Check out the E.L.F. league page for more information and to join up (with any elven race).

New coaches are welcome!

Last edited by pizzamogul on %b %11, %2006 - %17:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F. welcomes Rumplestiltskin's All or Nothing.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

After nine games the Spartan Sabres are 1 game away from completting the cycle. (although not with wins in all the slots) However they will take all challengers come March 16. However the appeal of dark elves for the win is strong so the MSU Spartans will go from rookies to legends playing elf games.

Last edited by steinerp on %b %10, %2006 - %00:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Rumplestiltskin

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the welcome Rij! My team may only have two permanent players, but they're determined to leave the forest nevertheless. Oh the humanity!
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej has added Home Brew (Dark Elves) to the E.L.F.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If any of you Spockalikes want to play a Category C game for double points, feel free to challenge theFlower Faeries.

What more could you ask for - a poorly developed team, managed by one of the suckiest coaches on FUMBBL, and double points due to EMU membership as well? Even you leafwipers can't resist that opportunity!

Why did I join EMU? Because the minute I had two players with Mighty Blow, every elf I challenged responded with "Oo-er, looks a bit too tough for me!"

If you're up for the non-challenge of beating me with your tree-licking twirlers, then PM me and I'll add you to my buddy list, or just grab me in chat.

Bring it on, and let's see just who's immortal!!!!!! Twisted Evil
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F. welcomes Chumbawamba coaching Men of Sherwood (Wood Elves).

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F. welcomes Tallmaris' Winter of our discontent.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I should leave and rejoin the group to get my team mentioned here... Cool Cool Cool Cool

Well, ahem, I hope I can get more games in than last season(s) and help the Dark Elves to some more success in the E.L.F.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The E.L.F. has accepted two more new teams:

Mephiston2000's Pro Elf team MK Chargers
and
steinerp has answered Hellebron's call with MSU Spartans!

Welcome!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

5 days and counting until the start of Season VIII. Get your team signed up and ready to play!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F. welcome Wyrmtainter and his Woodies-with-a-deathwish, Suicide Mission. Check out the "fluff." If ever a team was meant to play in the E.L.F., this is it!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just about 2 days left 'till Season VIII kicks off. Get your elves signed up!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F. welcomes Korenn and Stargate Nemesis. More and more Dark Elf teams are answering the call...won't you?

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

RagingGoblin has set out to prove his detractors wrong! Goblin's Dark Elves - Khornes Cursed - have joined the E.L.F.

Welcome!

Jump to: